Connect with us

Politics

Police confirm the arrest of Mubita Nawa

Published

on

UNITED Party for National Development (UPND) sympathiser Mubita Nawa has been detained in police custody in connection of two offences of Giving False information to a public officer and Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm.

Mr Nawa is charged with nine other people who include a couple of Lusaka’s Makeni area Lukama Kanguya, 43 and Isaac Kanguya 55 who were earlier detained in Mukushi.

Mr Mubita Nawa was yesterday advised with others to hand themselves over to police of which Mr Nawa was arrested in Solwezi and is due to be transported where the alleged offences were committed.

Central Province police commissioner David Chileshe said police have jointly charged and arrested a couple from Lusaka for the offences of Giving False Information to a Public Officer and Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm.

“The copule went to Mkushi Police station and lied to the officer in Charge and other Government Officials that the Governmenet of the Republic of Zambia had given Sucko Mine in Mkushi to Unknown youths and that they were free to commence mining activities when in fact this was not true. The trio whilst acting together with others unknown did also assault and occasion actual bodily harm,”

“The person’s assaulted were Bright aged 30, of a security guard, James Ndalama aged 31,a security guard, Steven Siame aged 24, of a security guard, Siwila Manase aged 30, a security guard and Hachipola Mambo aged 38 a truck driver reported that he was assaulted by Moses other names not known, Gabriel Misengo aged 38, also a truck driver, Obby Siwila aged 40, a security guard, Sunday Silungwe aged 26 a truck driver, and Kaineti Anthony aged 31 of Water Affairs Mkushi,” he said.

Mr Chileshe said other persons who are yet to be interviewed in connection with same offences are Kabangasheshe other names not known, John Smith, Lewis other names not known, Musonda other names not known,

Kolopa other names not known, Hendricks other names not known, Dominic other names not known and Mwansa Charles.

“Mr Mubita Nawa was also part of the people that were advised and urged to hand themselves over to police , but he has since been detained in Solwezi,” he said.

(Mwebantu, Friday, 24th Februray, 2023)

Politics

Government to sink boreholes across the country

Published

on

“WITH the current devastating climate change, the government is going flat out to sink boreholes and do crop irrigation across the country”, President Hakainde Hichilema has said.

The President said his administration is determined to ensure food security despite the challenging circumstances.
“We are determined to ensure that food security is attained even during these difficult times. Let us all get involved and get it solved. We shall overcome as God will do the rest,” he said.

President Hichilema urged citizens to actively participate in the efforts, stating the collective responsibility to overcome the challenges emanating from the dry spell.

Last week, President Hichilema declared the ongoing drought a national disaster, announcing a comprehensive set of measures to mitigate its impact.

The declaration was prompted by the destruction of one million hectares of farmland, affecting over one million households across the country.

(Mwebantu, Monday, 4th March, 2024)

Continue Reading

Politics

‘Why are you pretending to be rich?’ HH asks Gov’t officials who insist on traveling on business class

Published

on

PRESIDENT Hakainde Hichilema has described government officials that prefer traveling on business class as cheats and pretenders.

The head of state has revealed that the country has limited resources and it does not make sense for a government official to move in business class at the expense of the treasury.

The president said following the declaration of a national disaster as a result of the prolonged dry spells, that there will be for prudent usage of resources.

“We will aggressively shift resources from consumption, wastage travel, and business class. Secretary to the treasury, I hear there are people who want to travel business class from Lusaka to Johannesburg?” he said, “for one hour 30 minutes [you want to be on business class], we sit on our stools for three hour we village people,”

He wondered what is wrong with a government official travelling on economy class.

What’s wrong with economy ticket for one hour 40 minutes, this is what I call pretence, for one hour 40 minutes you want to fell rich, that’s cheating,” the President said.

He said he has already given his cabinet the signal that there will be no more unnecessary travels.

“There will be no more of such things, including unnecessary travels, size of delegation, I sent this signal to my colleagues in cabinet and I have made this official, resources are limited, the question is how do we utlise the limited resources,” Mr Hichilema said.

Meanwhile, he warned that there will be accountability in the utilization of resources and those found wanting “Will be on their own”

(Mwebantu, Monday, 4th March, 2024)

Continue Reading

Politics

House of Chiefs commends President Hichilema’s swift response to drought crisis.

Published

on

TRADITIONAL leaders have commended President Hakainde Hichilema’s decisive action in addressing the drought.

House of Chiefs Chairperson Chief Chisunka said the President’s declaration is a timely and crucial step in mobilising resources and support to mitigate the impact of this drought on the affected communities.

Dr Chisunka said the effects of climate change, particularly the prolonged dry spells and erratic rainfall patterns, have posed unprecedented challenges to agricultural systems, water sources, and, most importantly, the livelihoods of people.

He underscored the urgent need for collaborative efforts to mitigate the challenges posed by climate change.

Dr Chisunka said the traditional leadership is committed to supporting the government and ensuring coordinated relief efforts.

“As traditional leaders, we commend President Hakainde Hichilema for his swift and decisive action in recognizing the gravity of the situation and marking our country’s debilitating drought as a national disaster and emergency. Together, we can overcome this crisis and emerge stronger and more resilient than before. We will continue to work together to build a better and brighter future for all our people,” he said.

(Mwebantu, Sunday, 3rd March, 2024)

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Mwebantu on Facebook

© Copyright © 2023 Mwebantu. All Rights Reserved. Zambia's leading Social news platform.