Connect with us

Lifestyle

Court hears how actor “entered half way” in indecent assault case

Published

on

A MAGISTRATE has heard that actor Leo Simukoko, who is accused of indecently assaulting a woman, told veteran film director Owas Mwape that he(Leo) had kissed and had foreplay with the complainant.

Mr Mwape narrated that Mr Simukoko, popular for the Mushala movie, also told him that he prepared the woman and later wore a condom.

“He(Leo) said ‘I entered half way and then she said no”, Mr Mwapa narrated.

Mr Mwape said at this point, he told the accused to contact the victim and ask for forgiveness “if that is what transpired”.

This is in a case Simukoko, 33, is accused of indecently assualting a lab technician who gave him a lift from the Lusaka Play House.

The incident allegedly happened on March 27 last year around 21:00.

During trial, the court heard that Simukoko asked for a lift from the 36-year-old identified complainant.

After driving to Simukoko’s house, which was later discovered to be a film production house, the victim asked to use the ladies but when she returned from the toilet where she went to change a tampon, Simukoko allegedly kissed her and pushed her onto the mattress where he lay on top of her.

As trial confined, Mr Mwape was called to the stand.

He testified that on the material day after commemoration of World Theatre Day, he was scheduled to meet the victim, who is his business partner in the fine industry.

“I passed through Lusaka Play House around 14:00 to around 18:00hours and found the complainant who was having a small meeting with a group of young artists,” Mr Mwape said.

He since since he was rushing home, he t suggested that the two should instead have a virtual meeting later in the evening.

But when Mr Mwape phoned the victim around 21:00hours so that they can have the virtual meeting, her phones went unanswered.

The woman later returned the calls around 22:00hours but she sounded as if she was crying.

“I asked what her problem was since she was not answering calls. She told me that she had just been sexually assaulted,” he said.

The woman later disclosed to Mr Mwape that Simukoko allegedly sexually assaulted he and that she narrated what transpired.

The following day, Mr Mwape phoned Simukoko and asked him what had happened the previous day.

“He explained to me that after they had gotten to the house because he had taken whisky the previous day, they had agreed that they should be together, and so, they started kissing.

“He said after kissing, he began to prepare her and he started licking her. He rushed to the bathroom to get a condom and came back and went on top of her.

“He said ‘I entered half way and then she said no”.

Mr Mwape said he told Simukoko that his actions sounded like rape before advising him to ask the victim for forgiveness.

(Mwebantu, Monday, 3rd April, 2023)

Advertisement

Lifestyle

Zindaba Soko boss detained for disobeying court 

Published

on

FORMER Road Transport and Safety Agency chief executive officer Zindaba Soko has been detained for contempt of court after he travelled to Dubai for a job interview and missed a court session.

He missed a court session in a matter he and two others are accused of forging a passport and National Registration Card (NRC) bearing a dead person’s name.

About two weeks ago, Soko asked for permission to travel abroad but was advertised to attend court before leaving but the instruction was not obeyed.

Consequently, Lusaka magistrate Irene Wishimanga issued a bench warrant against Soko .

When the case resumed yesterday, Soko was brought to court under warrant and when asked why he missed court, he told the court that his lawyers misled him.

Soko told court that his lawyers told him that they would file a notice in court indicating his absentia when he travelled abroad.

This is in a case Soko, 45, a transport consultant of Old Lilayi Road, is jointly charged with Ibrahim Mbongo, 24, a student of Libala South, Kelvin Kisambara, a businessman, both of Tokyo Way.

They are charged with forgery, uttering false documents, being found in possession of property believed to have been stolen or unlawfully obtained.

Allegations are that between January 1 and 17 this year, with intent to defraud, the accused allegedly forged NRC255428/10/1 in the names John Tembo, who was reportedly dead, according the police.

The trio is further purported to show that the NRC was genuinely issued by the Department of National Registration, Passport and Citizenship, when infact not.

It is further alleged that Kisambara later fraudulently uttered the purportedly forged NRC to a banker at FNB bank in Chilenje.

(Mwebantu, Friday, 23rd February, 2024)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

DJ in court after inserting manhood in four girls’ mouths

Published

on

A 25-YEAR-OLD DISC Jockey (DJ) of Kanyama Township, Lusaka, has pleaded not guilty to the offence of unnatural offences after he allegedly sexually abused four girls by inserting his manhood in the mouth of four girls whom he invited to his house.

The victims are all under the age of 16.

The suspect, Kelvin Mutale, 25, has been charged with four counts of unnatural offences, an offence contrary to section 155(a) of the Penal Code.

It is alleged that on December 24, 2023, Mutale had carnal knowledge of four girls against the order of nature.

When he appeared in court yesterday, Mutale pleaded not guilty to all the four counts before Lusaka magistrate Crispin Hampungani for plea.

The accused then applied for bail pending trial, to which the State did not object.

Magistrate Hampungani granted Mutale bail in the sum of K20,000 and the money has to be paid in cash for the accused to be released on bond.

The court also asked the accused to bring two sureties.

The case has been adjourned to March 19 for trial.

(Mwebantu, Friday, 23rd February, 2024)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

State to grab Charity Katanga’s buses

Published

on

THE Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Gilbert Phiri has applied to have the 10 Higer buses worth K26million belonging to imprisoned former Deputy Inspector General of Police Charity Katanga forfeited to the State.

Further, the DPP wants forfeiture of K1.5million which is in the account for Chibeka Express Limited, the company which was operating the 10 Higer buses deemed to be proceeds of crime.

In a notice of motion filed by the DPP before the Lusaka Magistrate’s Court, the DPP says the properties should be seized because they are tainted.

The lawsuit comes after the Magistrate’s Court jailed Ms Katanga, Monday, after being found guilty of possession of the 10 buses deemed to be proceeds of crime, is the interested party.

In the DPPs documents, the Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC),
chief investigations officer Ewdin Mwanza submits that Ms Katanga Monday, February, 19, Ms Katanga was tried and convicted of the offence of possession of suspected proceeds of crime.

Mr Mwanza submits that court record will show that the former senior police officer’s conviction is based on her being found in possession of 10 higer buses whose registration numbers are; BAF 5118 ZM, BAF 5119 ZM, BAG 8558 ZM, BAG 8559 ZM, BAG 8733 ZM, BAJ 2476 ZM, BAJ 2590 ZM, BAJ 2919 ZM, BAV 2931, BAL 9126 ZM, all worth K26,282,770.

Mr Mwanza submits that the record will show that I also seized K1,55,005.15 in Chibeka Express Limited account number 9130000699156 Stanbic bank Ndola main branch which received these funds from the operations of the 10 higer buses found by this honourable court to be proceeds of crime.

He adds that the matter is a proper one in which the court can order that the buses and money in the account be forfeited to the State for being proceeds of crime.

The State prays that this court orders that the properties be forfeited to the State and paid into the government’s consolidated fund held at Central Bank.

(Mwebantu, Thursday, 22nd February, 2024

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Mwebantu on Facebook

© Copyright © 2023 Mwebantu. All Rights Reserved. Zambia's leading Social news platform.