A 14-YEAR-OLD girl of Kitwe has opened up to her guidance counselor at school narrating her ordeal of how her father allegedly has been sexually abusing her for almost a year and threatened to kill her if she told anyone.
The victim told her 51-year-old guidance counselor that on one occasion, her father, while her step mother went to the market, sent her to his room, locked the door, forced her to undress and has sexual intercourse with her.
Gilbert Mwaba is now on the run after police launched investigations into the matter.
Copperbelt Province Commanding officer Sharon Zulu said Wusakile police station received a report of incest which occurred on unknown dates, but between September last year and this year in Chamboli area.
“Annie Sandra Pailande aged 51 a guidance and counselling teacher at Butotelo Combined school reported on behalf of the victim a grade eight pupil after she confined in her that her biological father Gilbert Mwaba has been defiling her for close to a year now.
Brief facts surrounding the case are that , in September ,2021 when the victim remained home with her biological father, while her step mother was at Chamboli market where she runs a restaurant, her father sent her to get the car keys from his bedroom. While there he followed her, locked the door and told her that he wanted to have sex with her. After she refused he forced her to undress and had unlawful canal knowledge of her,” she said.
Ms Zulu said the suspect allegedly threatened to kill the victim if she ever told any one about it and that since then ,he could call her for sex when ever there was no one at home.
“On July 4th at around 14:00hours after she was sexually abused she told some people who withheld their identity and advised her to inform her elder brother who lives within Chamboli township for assistance. On July 23rd, her brother moved her to his place because he was not happy. However, he did not report the matter to the police. On July 25th, she was called by the guidance and counselling teacher after she noticed that she has not been active and after a long chat with her ,the victim disclosed what has been going on in her life and the teacher took it up and reported the matter to Police,” she said.
(Mwebantu, Wednesday, July 27th, 2022)
57-year-old North-Western man allegedly kills wife’s lover
A 57-year-old man of North-Western Province might spend the rest of his remaining years on earth in prison after being consumed by jealousy anger and betrayal which led him to kill another man.
Kennedy Liwema is alleged to have found his wife, Kakumbi Nyaketti,62 with her lover, Luka Motoho aged 65 sleeping naked in their matrimonial bed.
Acting out his anger, he started beating the victim using fists and a pounding stick and tied him using a rope.
North-Western Province commanding officer Dennis Moola said the incident occurred on February 23rd this year.
He said the case of murder was reported by the victims son.
“Facts surrounding the matter are that the accused person on February 15th, 2024 left his wife home and went to his farm in katendwa area. However, when he got back on February 23rd, between 20:00 hours and 21:00 hours, upon arrival he found his wife, Kakumbi Nyaketti aged 62 with the victim sleeping on his matrimonial bed naked in his house,” he said.
Mr Moola said the suspect then started beating the victim using fist and a pounding stick and tied him using a rope.
He explained that the victim who was unconscious was rescued and taken to the hospital by neighbours.
“However,upon arrival at the hospital , he was pronounced dead. Police rushed to the scene and on physical inspection of the body a suspected broken skull which was observed,” he said.
(Mwebantu, Sunday, 25th February, 2024)
Zindaba Soko boss detained for disobeying court
FORMER Road Transport and Safety Agency chief executive officer Zindaba Soko has been detained for contempt of court after he travelled to Dubai for a job interview and missed a court session.
He missed a court session in a matter he and two others are accused of forging a passport and National Registration Card (NRC) bearing a dead person’s name.
About two weeks ago, Soko asked for permission to travel abroad but was advertised to attend court before leaving but the instruction was not obeyed.
Consequently, Lusaka magistrate Irene Wishimanga issued a bench warrant against Soko .
When the case resumed yesterday, Soko was brought to court under warrant and when asked why he missed court, he told the court that his lawyers misled him.
Soko told court that his lawyers told him that they would file a notice in court indicating his absentia when he travelled abroad.
This is in a case Soko, 45, a transport consultant of Old Lilayi Road, is jointly charged with Ibrahim Mbongo, 24, a student of Libala South, Kelvin Kisambara, a businessman, both of Tokyo Way.
They are charged with forgery, uttering false documents, being found in possession of property believed to have been stolen or unlawfully obtained.
Allegations are that between January 1 and 17 this year, with intent to defraud, the accused allegedly forged NRC255428/10/1 in the names John Tembo, who was reportedly dead, according the police.
The trio is further purported to show that the NRC was genuinely issued by the Department of National Registration, Passport and Citizenship, when infact not.
It is further alleged that Kisambara later fraudulently uttered the purportedly forged NRC to a banker at FNB bank in Chilenje.
(Mwebantu, Friday, 23rd February, 2024)
DJ in court after inserting manhood in four girls’ mouths
A 25-YEAR-OLD DISC Jockey (DJ) of Kanyama Township, Lusaka, has pleaded not guilty to the offence of unnatural offences after he allegedly sexually abused four girls by inserting his manhood in the mouth of four girls whom he invited to his house.
The victims are all under the age of 16.
The suspect, Kelvin Mutale, 25, has been charged with four counts of unnatural offences, an offence contrary to section 155(a) of the Penal Code.
It is alleged that on December 24, 2023, Mutale had carnal knowledge of four girls against the order of nature.
When he appeared in court yesterday, Mutale pleaded not guilty to all the four counts before Lusaka magistrate Crispin Hampungani for plea.
The accused then applied for bail pending trial, to which the State did not object.
Magistrate Hampungani granted Mutale bail in the sum of K20,000 and the money has to be paid in cash for the accused to be released on bond.
The court also asked the accused to bring two sureties.
The case has been adjourned to March 19 for trial.
(Mwebantu, Friday, 23rd February, 2024)