42 year old man goes missing after being tortured by a village head man.
A 42-YEAR-OLD man of Mukumbe village in Nakonde of Muchinga province has gone missing and is being presumed dead after he was allegedly tortured by a village headman and three others on suspicion that he stole some chickens.
Charles Siame was allegedly beaten and tortured using electricity current from a motor in the presence of his relatives.
The relatives suspect that Siame is dead after the torture he got with instruction of Whiteson Siame, the village headman at his residence.
After the torture, relatives explained to police that they were asked to leave the headman’s residence, together with community members, but were forced to go back three days after to inquire why the victim was not being set free.
Upon asking, the headman expressed ignorance and that is when the matter was reported to police.
The 73-year-old village Head man has since been arrested by police, while a search for the victim has been instituted.
Muchinga province commanding officer Kaunda Mubanga said police have recorded a case of suspected murder which occurred on March 7th this year around 21:00 hours at Mukumbe village.
He said Siame’s younger reported that his brother went missing after he was unlawfully detained and tortured by the headman and three others on suspicion of having stolen some chickens.
“Brief facts of the matter are that on March 7, at around 07:00hours, the now missing person and presumed dead was apprehended and taken to the residence of the Village Headman on suspicion that he had stolen some chickens.”
“At the Headman’s residence he was interrogated and tortured in the presence of his relatives and other members of the community using electricity current from a fully charged motor vehicle battery which was connected to an inverter in a bid to make him disclose where he had taken the chickens,” he said.
Mr Mubanga explained that , according to the younger brother who reported the matter, he said due to the beating and torture he became weak and exhausted that he could barely talk or stand up on his own.
He said later in the evening at around 21:00 hours, the village headman dispersed the community members and instructed his three security men to guard him while he was tied to a tree with his hands and legs also tied together.
“His relatives went back to their respective homes and waited until on March 11th, this year when they went back to the Village Headman to inquire about the whereabouts of the their relative. To their surprise, the Headman expressed ignorance. Hence, they became suspicious and reported the matter to Nakonde Police Station for assistance. Acting on the report, Police officers from Nakonde Police Station booked out to Mukumbe village where they picked up the Village headman who upon being interviewed could not give satisfactory answers,” he said.
(Mwebantu, Monday, 27th March, 2023)
‘Abductors’ to finally take plea on June 5,2023
A medical review report has revealed that the health condition of James Bwalya, one of the alleged abductors who has a spinal injury, has significantly improved.
A Judge has since ordered that both Bwalya and his co-accused Mathews Sikaonga should now proceed to take plea on June 5.
The case came up this morning for presentation of a medical review report for Bwalya.
Bwalya and Sikaonga, are facing 54 charges of abduction, rape, assault and others allegedly committed between January and October last year.
(Mwebantu, Wednesday, 31st May, 2023)
Traditional doctor reports suspect to police after failure to pay for service
AFTER failing to pay for a service rendered to him by a traditional doctor, a man of Chinsali has been reported to police for being in possession of firearms and charms.
It is believed that the said fire arms and charms have been used to kill people.
The illegal possession of the home made firearms and charms came to light when the suspect Dosani Sichimata along with his brother approached the traditional doctor for help involving his daughter.
The suspect, who is now on the run told the traditional doctor that his daughter was having nightmares suspectedly because of the job he was hired to do, which involved killing people.
However, he failed to pay the K5,000 demanded by the traditional doctor for the services rendered, leading to him being reported to police.
Muchinga province commanding officer Kaunda Mubanga said the incident occured between May 25th around 15:00 hours and May 29 the around 10:00 hours at Ndunya village in Chinsali district.
“Brief facts are that a traditional doctor Lyson Simukoko aged 37 of Kapillonga village in Isoka went to Mwenekasi village to perform his duties as a traditional doctor and was accommodated by his elder brother Ronald Simukoko a village headman of the said village and also a reporter in this matter. Whilst there at Mwenekasi village, he was approached by two brothers Bevien Sichimata and Dosani Sichimata who came from Ndunya village,” he said.
He said the suspect Dosani told him that he needed help from the traditional doctor, explaining that his daughter had nightmares whenever she slept and he suspected that this happened because he has been hired by different persons to kill people using his guns.
Mr Kaunda explained that the traditional doctor and the two brothers then travelled to Ndunya village and a K150 was charged by the doctor.
“When they got there, the traditional doctor ordered the now suspect to bring out the two firearms and further ordered him to also bring forth the traditional medicine he was using after killing people with his guns after being hired. Before the traditional doctor performed his duties, he charged the now suspect K5000 which he failed to pay and only managed K600,” he said.
Mr Mubanga said after failing to agree on the charge, the village headman of Ndunya village then ordered that the guns and the charms used by the suspect to commit murder be burnt.
He said but , the traditional doctor refused and got the said firearms and went with them back to Mwenewisi village where the matter was the reported to Isoka police station.
(Mwebantu, Wednesday, 31st May, 2023)
Mumbwa bartender gang raped by three men
A 39-year-old bartender of Mumbwa has been left traumatized after she was gang raped by three men.
The victim is believed to have been accompanying the suspects to police after a brawl at the bar and they took advantage, dragged her into a bush and sexually abused her.
However, a fourth suspect who was part of the brawl and not part of the rape has been picked to help apprehend the suspects.
Central Province Commissioner of police David Chileshe who confirmed the sad incident to Mwebantu said it occurred on Saturday around 21:00 hours at Water Affairs area.
He said the victim was accompanying the suspects to police to report a case of malicious damage to property.
“Brief facts were that the victim, while working in the bar observed a fight among the suspects. After some time she saw the suspects fighting the security guard and later accused him of breaking a phone for one of the criminals. This was after the guard attempted to separate the fight. The guard managed to escape from the fighting hoodlums. It was at this point that the four criminals demanded to have the matter reported to the police and insisted that the lady accompany them,” he said.
He said the suspects then started off towards the police station with the bar lady and when they reached water affairs near Munengo bridge, they dragged the victim into a nearby bush where three of the criminals took turns to rape her while the fourth one declined to join in the illicit act.
“After raping the victim the criminals left the scene and ran away. One person was apprehended in connection with the incident to help with investigations as a manhunt for the other suspects continues,” he said.
(Mwebantu, Wednesday, 31st May, 2023)