Connect with us

Lifestyle

Chipolopolo boys are safe in Cameroon, FAZ says

Published

on

THE Football Association of Zambia (FAZ)has assured the nation that the Chipolopolo boys and all participating teams in the Total African Nations Championship (CHAN) are safe.

This follows repeated inquiries on the safety of the Zambia National Football Team in Cameroon ahead of the CHAN Cameroon 2020.

In a media statement issued by FAZ communication manager Sydney Mungala, association president Andrew Kamanga, who is part of the organizing committee of the CHAN says some security concerns were raised and an assessment sought by the participating teams from Confederation of African Football (CAF).

“CAF safety and security department can confirm to you that we have received all necessary safety and security guarantees from the government of Cameroon, and we are satisfied with it
There are, however, some security concerns which we are very much aware of and they exist in both the Southern and Northern part of Cameroon,” Kamanga said.

Kamanga said the CAF risk assessment has classified Cameroon at level four risk which is substantial but neither severe nor critical.

He said CAF has further recommended several safety measures by the teams to ensure that they do not deliberately place themselves in harm’s way.

Zambia is in Group D and based in Limbe which is in Southern Cameroon which is embroiled in a long-standing political conflict.

Group D has Guinea, Namibia, Tanzania, and Zambia. The opening game in Limbe is on January 19, 2021 which will see Zambia face Tanzania while Guinea will battle it out with Namibia.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Lifestyle

RTSA concerned with the road safety profile of Likili Motorways

Published

on

THE Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) is concerned with the road safety profile of Likili Motorways Limited following a number of road traffic accidents the passenger service operator has recorded in the recent past.

RTSA Director and CEO Gladwell Banda made the observation in a letter written to the operator recently following an exculpatory letter written by Likili Motorways contending the Agency’s intention to revoke its road service Licence.

The RTSA recently engaged Likili Motorways to show cause why it’s Road Service Licence (RSL) should not be revoked following a road traffic accident that happened along the Great North Road in Kabwe on December 26 last year in which five people died on the spot and several others sustained serious injuries.

Mr Banda said that despite the operator submitting that it has a fleet management policy in place and is also implementing a GPS system, the Agency is still concerned with the effectiveness of the monitoring mechanism as the RTSA has noticed that the operator’s drivers are still able to drive at excessive speed.

“Given the aforementioned the Agency will, in due course, send a team of officers to assess the effectiveness of the operator’s fleet safety measures after which the Agency will, if necessary, make further recommendations for improvements in order to enhance the safety of the operator,” Mr Banda said.

This is according to a statement issued by RTSA acting head of public relations, Mukela Mangolwa.

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Kabompo teacher commits suicide after quarrel with wife

Published

on

A 37-YEAR-OLD teacher of Pokola Day Secondary School in Kabompo District in Northwestern Province has ended his own life by drinking battery acid following a dispute with his wife.

After taking the acid around 17:00 hours on Friday, Innocent Mwita Ndovi was rushed to Kabompo District hospital by his family but died around 22:30 hours.

Ndovi’s death has been confirmed by Police in Northwestern Province who say they suspect no foul play and have kept the remaining acid as an exhibit.

(Source: Kalemba)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

President Lungu pays glowing tribute to Boxing Promoter Anthony Mwamba

Published

on

PRESIDENT Edgar Lungu has paid glowing tribute to Boxing Promoter Anthony Mwamba for his diligence and selfless dedication to this sport.

In a statement issued by Special Assistant to the President for press and public relations, Isaac Chipampe, Lungu said he sympathises with the bereaved family, Exodus Boxing Promotions and the entire Boxing fraternity in Zambia.

Lungu said he recalls Mr Mwamba’s unwavering commitment to promoting boxing in the country especially among the female boxers.

“On behalf of the Government of the Republic of Zambia, the people and indeed on my own behalf, l wish to convey my heartfelt condolences to the
bereaved family, Exodus Boxing Promotions and the entire Boxing Fraternity in Zambia. May God Almighty see you through this difficult time. May the soul of
Mwamba rest in Peace,” President Lungu said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Foxdale Forest – Phase 2 Selling

ZAMBIA: COVID-19 STATS

27 Jan 2021, 8:33 AM (GMT)

Zambia Stats

47,622 Total Cases
672 Deaths
40,362 Recovered

Mwebantu on Facebook