A ONE year seven months girl was killed when she was accidentally run over by a driver at Christ Domino Church in Chilenje South in Lusaka, authorities said.
Police Spokesperson Esther Katongo told Mwebantu that the accident happened on Sunday at Christ Domino Church in Chilenje around 11:00 hours.
“There was a fatal Road Traffic accident which occurred on January 3 this year at around 1100 hours at Christ Domino Church in Chilenje South in which a female juvenile Peace Nalavwe aged one year seven months sustained fatal head injuries. Also involved was female Phaless Chirwa aged 40 years of Lusaka who was driving a Nissan Xtrail registration number BAF 3328,” said Katongo.
She said the driver of the vehicle was driving into the Church premises.
“The accident happened when the driver of the motor vehicle was driving into the church premises and in the process bashed the child who was playing. The body is in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem while the driver has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving,” said Katongo.
Female ZAF officer jailed 6 yrs for assaulting niece
Police arrest 31 people in Chongwe for attacking officers from the Department of National Parks and Wildlife
Maid allegedly commits suicide at her employer’s house, police say
A MAID has allegedly committed suicide at her employers home in Lusaka’s Olympia Township for unknown reasons.
Police spokesperson Esther Katongo has told Mwebantu in a statement that Anastasia Mulenga 46 was found dead by her employer who went to check on her after noticing that she was not responding to the persistent alarm on her phone at about 05:00 hours.
“Police in Lusaka received a report of suspected suicide in which a living-in maid aged 46 is alleged to have committed suicide from her employers home in Lusaka’s Olympia Township.
The incident is reported to have happened on 21st January, 2021 at around 0520 hours,” Mrs Katongo said.
She said according to the employer’s narration, she did not find Anastasia in the room where she was sleeping and after a search, she found an empty bottle of pesticide namely doom on the floor of the kitchen.
“The pesticide was bought by the employer and was intending to use it on cockroaches and had stored it in the kitchen display.She then went outside and found the maid dead in a swimming pool,” Mrs Katongo said..
She said when police visited the scene, they found the body in the pool without visible injuries and has been taken to UTH mortuary for postmortem to ascertain the cause of death . An inquiry in the matter has been launched.