Connect with us

Local Courts

There is no police recruitment going on at the moment, Esther Katongo says

Published

on

POLICE Spokesperson Esther Katongo says the service is not conducting any recruitment at the moment and that any social media advertisements about the process are fake.

And Katongo has warned criminals behind a Whatsapp group bearing the group icon of Inspector General Kakoma Kanganja and doing fake advertisements of police recruitment and asking for money from those who wish to be recruited.

“It has come to our attention that some criminal minded people have opened What’s up groups using  display pictures (dp)  of the Inspector General of Police deceiving unsuspecting members of the public that the Zambia Police Service is conducting recruitment and are also asking for money from people wishing to join the police,” Katongo said.

Katongo in a statement said the Police Service is not conducting any recruitment at the moment and that whenever there is recruitment, advertisements are placed in public media.

She also said that genuine police recruitment is conducted at no fee.

And Katongo has advised members of the public to be weary of such criminals and avoid being swindled.

She said investigations into the matter are ongoing.

50 Comments

50 Comments

1. qualified small business corporation

September 17, 2020 at 5:48 pm

Good post. I learn one thing tougher on totally different blogs everyday. It is going to always be stimulating to read content material from other writers and apply slightly something from their store. I’d prefer to make use of some with the content on my blog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a link on your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.

2. more...

September 18, 2020 at 3:26 am

Good ?V I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task..

3. judi

September 18, 2020 at 6:09 am

Wow! Thank you! I always needed to write on my site something like that. Can I take a portion of your post to my blog?

4. criação loja virtual curitiba

September 18, 2020 at 11:13 pm

Hello.This article was extremely remarkable, especially since I was investigating for thoughts on this issue last Thursday.

5. situs judi

September 19, 2020 at 4:55 am

This is a topic close to my heart cheers, where are your contact details though?

6. idn poker

September 19, 2020 at 7:11 pm

I do agree with all of the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They are really convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are very short for beginners. Could you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

7. business branding

September 20, 2020 at 2:33 pm

Hi, just required you to know I he added your site to my Google bookmarks due to your layout. But seriously, I believe your internet site has 1 in the freshest theme I??ve came across. It extremely helps make reading your blog significantly easier.

8. สล็อต

September 21, 2020 at 1:55 am

I’m still learning from you, but I’m trying to achieve my goals. I absolutely enjoy reading all that is written on your website.Keep the aarticles coming. I enjoyed it!

9. Tank Trouble

September 21, 2020 at 5:19 pm

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?

10. rent warehouse space

September 21, 2020 at 11:19 pm

Undeniably consider that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the easiest factor to have in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked even as people think about worries that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , other people could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thanks

Your email address will not be published.

Local Courts

Zambia Police Service embarks on an in-service training for its officers

Published

on

THE Police Service has embarked on an in-service training for its officers aimed at equipping offers with appropriate skills to enable them perform their duties so as to meet people’s expectations.

Speaking when he launched the programme, Inspector General of Police, Kakoma Kanganja said his command attaches great importance to training because it is the foundation of any functional system and a critical tool to enhancing proficiency and effectiveness in every organisation.

“I wish from the onset to announce that this program is not only commencing here at Lilayi but also in the other two police training schools and a total of 150 officers will undergo training during the initial refresher course in crowd management,” Kanganja said.

The I. G alos directed that all trainees should be imparted and exposed to similar skills in order to obtain standardized skills in handling and dealing with riotous behavior.

Kanganja said the training program will be ongoing and that his command will ensure that almost every police officer is exposed to the training.

Kanganja added that the training is also in preparation for policing of the 2021 general elections and beyond.

He added that government under President Edgar Lungu has acquired modern equipment in line with the United Nations Standards on Crowd Management.

“The assorted equipment and tools will help heighten operational efficiency in the police service as officers will now be able to swiftly respond to any form of crime. Further, the equipment will enable officers to proficiently police the 2021 general election,” said Kanganja.

Continue Reading

Local Courts

Police launch a manhunt for a man who allegedly murdered his wife using an axe in Choma

Published

on

POLICE in Choma District of Southern Province have launched a manhunt for a man who has allegedly murdered his wife using an axe.

The suspected identified as Wezzy Miyoba allegedly murdered his wife Harriet Singwama aged 41 of Sinkoli village in Chief Mapanza.

Police Spokesperson Esther Katongo has disclosed to Mwebantu in a statement that the incident happened yesterday between 19:20 hours and 19:30 hours at Sinkoli village after a marital dispute..

Katongo said the deceased sustained a deep cut on the right side of the head near the ear as an axe is alleged to have been used in the act.

She has appealed to members of the public with information on the whereabouts of the suspect to report to any nearest police.

Katongo has also advised couples to always settle for amicable ways of sorting out their differences and avoid violence at all costs.

Continue Reading

Local Courts

All that glitters: Police in Solwezi arrest 20 people with pure gold weighing 242.12 grams and with cash money amounting to K413, 520

Published

on

TWENTY people have been arrested in Solwezi in connection with the illegal mining of gold in the province.

And 16 illegal gold miners have since been arrested and charged for being possession of 1701.6 grams of suspected gold concentrates.

Police spokesperson Esther Katongo has told Mwebantu that on Monday, September 11, this year, police received a tip-off from members of the public who suspected some people to have been conducting illegal business from a house belonging to a man identified as Valeta Ramon.

She said when police officers visited the premise, they intercepted four motor vehicles which were being driven in or out of the premises.

Mrs Katongo said 16 illegal miners were further apprehended at different times with different grams of suspected gold concentrate while three other people were caught in the act of smelting the suspected gold concentrate.

“15 Gas cylinders, 13 kilograms of gold concentrate, 48 pieces of suspected pure gold weighing 242.12 grams, cash money amounting to K413, 520. 00, 3 by 20 litres of acid and two scales were recovered.

The total number of suspects arrested in the gold scandal is twenty. This includes the owner of the house who surrendered himself to the police”, Mrs Katongo said.

She said the value of the recovered suspected gold concentrate is yet to be ascertained.

Mrs Katongo said four people have since been charged with the offence of fraudulently dealing in minerals without a License while 16 others have been charged  with being  found in possession of property believed to have been stolen or unlawfully obtained.

She said all the suspects will appear in  court soon.

Continue Reading

Foxdale Forest – Phase 2 Selling

ZAMBIA: COVID-19 STATS

22 Sep 2020, 2:30 AM (GMT)

Zambia Stats