Connect with us

Health

21-year-old woman sentenced to three years simple imprisonment for aborting her seven-month pregnancy in Nchelenge district

Published

on

THE Mansa High Court has convicted and sentenced a 21-year-old woman of Nchelenge district to three years’ simple imprisonment, suspended for two years, for aborting her seven-month pregnancy.

This in a case in which Mary Manda was charged with child destruction contrary section 221(1) of the penal code.

According to evidence from Chungu Chama, a nurse at Chiengi health centre, on August 31, 2019, Manda was brought by her mother to this hospital after she complained of a running stomach.

Ms Chama told the court that when examined her she discovered that Mary was in labor and that there was no fetal heart sound.

She said when delivering her, she found some drugs inserted in her vagina.

Ms Chama said when asked why the tablets were inserted, Manda kept quiet.

She said after delivery, Manda’s mother then instructed her to call police to question her daughter on what happened.

“I showed the tablets to the patient and I asked her what the drugs were doing there, but she did not answer, when I asked her again she just kept quiet a few minutes later the baby came out already dead, then we removed the placenta and we continued managing the patient because she was bleeding,” she narrated.

And when the matter came up for judgement on Friday last week, Judge Derrick Mulenga reprimanded Manda for committing such an offence, he described the act as an abomination.

“I have taken into account the cries of her mother, when she appeared before this court, she showed to me that she is a woman of velour who does not tolerate illegalities despite the fact that the convict is her only child, she was ready to surrender her to the police.

That’s what it should be, the conduct of the convict is quiet bad. An abortion is a painful thing a child goes through,” judge Mulenga said.

He sentenced her to three years, suspended for two years.

“You are luck you have come at a time when there is COVID-19 but what will happen is that when you commit another offence you will be punished.

I will give you 36 months’ simple imprisonment but I will suspend for 24 months, on condition that you do not commit a similar offence in 12 months, you will be moving in your village but know that you are a prisoner,” he said.

5 Comments

5 Comments

  1. Jay Schlitzer

    August 31, 2020 at 11:56 pm

    http://live-1-on-1-with-lisa-monroe.postedthis.top/M46qrL I don’t know what you think of me, but I hope it’s X-rated. LOL – CLICK ON THE LINK TO JOIN MY – LIVE -1-ON-1 & MY PHONE NUMBER,IS THERE ALSO

  2. ปั้มไลค์

    September 6, 2020 at 6:35 am

    Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

  3. These are actually great ideas in concerning blogging.

  4. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

  5. เบอร์สวยมงคล

    September 6, 2020 at 6:47 am

    Good one! Interesting article over here. It’s pretty worth enough for me.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Health

Ndola Teaching Hospital (NTH) hospitals to start swabbing brought in dead (BID) bodies for COVID-19

Published

on

THE Ndola Teaching Hospital(NTH) hospitals has started swabbing brought in dead (BID) bodies and also conducting verbal autopsy on relatives of those dying at home.

Senior medical superintendent Joseph Musowoya has told Mwebantu in an interview that the move is aimed at preventing any spread of Corona virus among community members.

In an interview, Dr Musowoya said the hospital is also applying other measures to mitigate the spread of the virus with the hospital premises.

“We are swabbing all BIDs bodies, and on their relatives, we are conducting verbal autopsy,” Dr Musowoya said.

He said the hospital has also placed measure to protect mortuary attendants handling the BIDs.

Dr further said the hospital is also disinfecting the mortuary and fridges of those confirmed cases.

“We have oriented our mortuary attendants to handle all bodies and treat them as Covid-19 bodies. They are also masked and are putting on complete overalls,” he said.

He however said the consumption of personal protection systems is high and hospital is doing its best to address the issue by ensuring that all health workers are protected.

And Dr Musowoya said the hospital has in this week recorded eight patients who are on oxygen out of the nine.

Meanwhile Dr Musowoya has reiterated the need for people to stay away from the hospital.

Dr Musowoya said only relatives who have patients are critically ill and need to be aided will have one bedsiders at a time.

“For patients who are very ill, the hospital will allow only one bedsiders but for patients capable of doing most things on their own there is no need for a bedsiders, he said.

Dr Musowoya further encouraged patients and their families to follow what is required in order to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.

He explained that a hospital is not only a place for people to get cured but also a hub for most of the infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, diarrhoea, including COVID-19 that people could contract.

Dr Musowoya said the security manning the hospital entrance are not working against anyone but merely doing the work that they had been mandated to do.

Continue Reading

Covid-19

Lusaka recorded 579 Brought In Deads (BIDs) between 22nd July and 11th August this year 

Published

on

THE Lusaka City Council (LCC) says it recorded 579 Brought In Deads (BIDs) between 22nd July and 11th August this year.
LCC Public Relations Manager George Sichimba said said the figures were recorded through the burial permit.
He said out of 1, 396 deaths recorded during the period under review, 579 were BIDs.
And Sichimba in a statement has attributed the rise in the number of BIDs to the failure by people to seek proper medication from health facilities for fear of been tested for COVID-19.

Continue Reading

Business

UNZA to develop a kit to detect the Coronavirus

Published

on

UNZA says it is in a process of developing a method for the rapid detection of the Coronavirus.

And the University says the method once developed will be low cost, use low power, and based on easy-to-use point of care devices.

UNZA Spokesperson Dr Brenda Bukowa in a statement said the multidisciplinary research project is being undertaken by a team of researchers in the Department of Chemistry and Biological Sciences under the School of Natural Sciences.

She said the goal of the research is to develop a method that uses a portable device and can detect the virus in a much shorter period compared to the conventional methods.

Dr Bukowa said the method will require less expertise to perform, involve lower costs, and be less labour intensive.

And University of Zambia (UNZA) Acting Vice Chancellor Dr Tamala Kambikambi has congratulated the multidisciplinary team of experts developing the novel method for the detection of the CoronaVirus.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Foxdale Forest – Phase 2 Selling

ZAMBIA: COVID-19 STATS

22 Sep 2020, 12:06 PM (GMT)

Zambia Stats

14,175 Total Cases
331 Deaths
13,629 Recovered

Mwebantu on Facebook