Evexia is a high quality functional workplace and the first of its kind in Lusaka along Church Road, 1 Kilometer from the CBD and 700 metres south of the popular Levy Junction Mall. It reflects inspiration and innovation driven from the local environment. It has been designed by registered Australian and British architects and is being developed by Estim Construction Zambia Ltd. who are also building a hotel in Kabulonga. The building is set to mark a new threshold of “A-Grade” standard in office spaces in Zambia.
- 5 story height
- 5000m2 of rentable office space
- Outdoor shaded Cafe for 100 people
- Sustainable Green building
- Shaded lush landscaped outdoor spaces with water feature.
- Full disabled, equal access
- First LEED Gold certified building in Zambia
- Sensitive of the local surroundings
- Roof garden
Layout, Appearance and Finish
Adaptation to the local climate has been an integral component the construction of Evexia. The building’s architectural concept has evolved from the local climate, culture and environment. The building is orientated so that it ensures that it is well lit with natural light from sunrise to sunset (further reducing the use of electrical lighting). All tenants have a spectacular view that connect occupants with the outdoors.
Evexia has the following remarkable features:
- 2 Level Basement parking
- Roof terrace garden
- Entrance and Exit to Church road.
- Artistic indoor decor with water features
- Outdoor shaded veranda
- Green living walls
- Sky light with internal void atrium
- Reception Lobby
- Facade lighting
Where Sustainability meets business
Evexia will be the first building in Zambia to be LEED certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) in the new construction rating. Some of the key sustainability factors of this construction are:
- All of the electrical and sanitary fittings have sustainability features with low energy consumption.
- Air & temperature Control building.
- LED lighting and Solar; Solar panels supply 10% of the buildings electricity. The roofing has an SRI (Solar Reflectance) more than 39 which reduces the heat island effects on the roof, keeping the building cool.
- Sustainable materials; All local materials have been used and all doors are made of solid timber sources demo sustainable sources. All paints, coatings, adhesives and seaplanes applied on the project are non-emitting sources of VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). This reduces concentration of chemical contaminants that can damage air quality, human, health, productivity and the environment.
Parking and Landscape
The building has sufficient parking to accommodate 100 Cars . The entire parking area is shaded and tinted with special color schemes. Special attention and care has been put into landscaping the indoor and outdoor area. Existing trees have been conserved and added into the design blending with the special water features.
Where innovation meets luxury
To make the best use of renewable sources of energy, wind turbines and solar panels on the roof. The shading devices have been designed to block different angles of the sun at different times of the day. This helps cool the building while maximizing lighting. Furthermore to this, the building has been designed and oriented to angles of the sun. Rain water will be collected from the roof and be used for landscaping irrigation within boundary throughout the year. To ensure that energy costs are minimized, the natural sunlight which is abundant in Zambia is made use of by the featured atrium with roof light above.
McBright Africa Real Estate Marketing Director, Tila Phiri said: ”The building is expected to be completed by July 2019 and is currently at 50% completion. The building is a first of its kind, and will add life to the city of Lusaka.”
For Pre-leasing and other enquiries, Contact McBright Africa Real Estate:
Phone: +26 096 798 7741 / 097 459 9870
Liquid Telecom Zambia to sponsor the ICT award category at this year’s PUSH Women Awards
THE PUSH Women Network is pleased to announce that Liquid Telecom Zambia is a sponsor of the ICT award category at this year’s PUSH Women Awards. This is the second consecutive year that Liquid has supported The PUSH Women Network’s platform created to celebrate women who are defying the odds. Their continued support is testament of the company’s determination to rally behind the call for gender equity and equality as well as their resolve to support leading women who are achieving excellence in their respective fields.
Speaking when he met PUSH Executive Director Colonel Mwizukanji Namwawa and the Network Board Secretary Mutumu Nzala Mwape, Liquid Chief Executive Officer, Mark Townsend Said “Liquid Telecom is committed to elevating and highlighting women and more specifically the various roles they hold in the ICT sector. We are therefore proud to sponsor the ICT award at this year’s PUSH Women Awards because women in this field serve as role models for young girls who are considering a future in ICT and prove that women are capable of anything. Some of these women form key parts of Liquid Telecom Zambia’s operations, from Supply Chain Management to Enterprise and Legal to Customer Care. It is therefore a pleasure to be part of this progressive initiative.”
The PUSH Women Awards are the gold standard of award ceremonies in the country and showcase a premium class, signature styled event akin to no other. The PUSH Women Network is therefore pleased to have the support of corporate partners like Liquid Telecom Zambia in staging this occasion .