- Zambezi Magic finally unleashes ‘face’ of the ZED Top 10 countdown music showPosted 1 day ago
- Free wifi to create 1,500 jobs for Lusaka youthsPosted 1 day ago
- Namibian President to Grace Zambia Agriculture and Commercial ShowPosted 1 day ago
- July Inflation drops, says CSOPosted 1 day ago
- LWSC will not be able to pump water from Kafue to Lusaka for four days, says Nshamba MuzunguPosted 2 days ago
- Husband divorced after he failed to impregnate his wifePosted 2 days ago
- Electoral corruption is not good for Zambia’s democracy, says Father Leonard ChitiPosted 2 days ago
- Vote for President Lungu, Kalusha Bwalya urges ZambiansPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu pledges to connect Chama and ChinsaliPosted 2 days ago
- Ballot papers arrive todayPosted 2 days ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.