- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 4 days ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 4 days ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 4 days ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 4 days ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 4 days ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 4 days ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 6 days ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 6 days ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 6 days ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 6 days ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.