- President Lungu swears in Patrick Matibini as SpeakerPosted 2 days ago
- A 74 year old man of Kasupe area in Lusaka West commits suicidePosted 3 days ago
- Trevor Noah to host MAMA 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Saudi Arabia congratulates President LunguPosted 3 days ago
- European Investment Bank (EIB) invests over EUR92 million in ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- World Bank Africa, Finland nod President Lungu’s electionPosted 3 days ago
- President John Magufuli congratulates President LunguPosted 3 days ago
- French President extols Zambia for democracy, tolerancePosted 4 days ago
- ZICTA urges Samsung to withdraw Samsung Galaxy Note 7 from the marketPosted 4 days ago
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President LunguPosted 4 days ago
Mailoni brothers buried
- Updated: June 29, 2013
THE three infamous Mailoni brothers, who were gunned down on Monday, June, 24, around 15:00 hrs, have been buried.
Kabwe District Commissioner, Patrick Chishala, confirmed this to ZANIS in an interview this morning.
Mr Chishala said the three brothers were buried, yesterday in Kabwe around 17:00hrs and that they were accorded a burial befitting their status as criminals, who had gruesomely murdered more than 12 people in the interior of Luano Valley.
He, however, appealed to the public not to demonise the surviving family of the deceased brothers which includes their mother, Janet and brother Nelson.
He further appealed to the people of Luano, who migrated to other villages for over seven years, to get back to the area, which has now been upgraded to a district level and help to develop it.
Mr Chishala said government will ensure that development is taken to the district because the chapter of the Mailoni brothers is now permanently closed.