- Zambezi Magic finally unleashes ‘face’ of the ZED Top 10 countdown music showPosted 2 days ago
- Free wifi to create 1,500 jobs for Lusaka youthsPosted 2 days ago
- Namibian President to Grace Zambia Agriculture and Commercial ShowPosted 2 days ago
- July Inflation drops, says CSOPosted 2 days ago
- LWSC will not be able to pump water from Kafue to Lusaka for four days, says Nshamba MuzunguPosted 3 days ago
- Husband divorced after he failed to impregnate his wifePosted 3 days ago
- Electoral corruption is not good for Zambia’s democracy, says Father Leonard ChitiPosted 3 days ago
- Vote for President Lungu, Kalusha Bwalya urges ZambiansPosted 3 days ago
- President Lungu pledges to connect Chama and ChinsaliPosted 3 days ago
- Ballot papers arrive todayPosted 3 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.