- President Lungu swears in Patrick Matibini as SpeakerPosted 3 days ago
- A 74 year old man of Kasupe area in Lusaka West commits suicidePosted 3 days ago
- Trevor Noah to host MAMA 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Saudi Arabia congratulates President LunguPosted 3 days ago
- European Investment Bank (EIB) invests over EUR92 million in ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- World Bank Africa, Finland nod President Lungu’s electionPosted 3 days ago
- President John Magufuli congratulates President LunguPosted 3 days ago
- French President extols Zambia for democracy, tolerancePosted 4 days ago
- ZICTA urges Samsung to withdraw Samsung Galaxy Note 7 from the marketPosted 4 days ago
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President LunguPosted 4 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.