- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 3 days ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 3 days ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 3 days ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 3 days ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 3 days ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 5 days ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 5 days ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 5 days ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 5 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.