- President Edgar Lungu Officially Opens ParliamentPosted 7 hours ago
- Drimz is back with ‘Mwiloba’Posted 9 hours ago
- India, Turkey, Indonesia confident of Zambia prospering under President LunguPosted 9 hours ago
- Proflight to launch direct route from Mfuwe to lower ZambeziPosted 9 hours ago
- Kalumbila Pioneers New Community-Driven Approach to DevelopmentPosted 10 hours ago
- Zambian Breweries welcomes industry dialogue with governmentPosted 11 hours ago
- President Lungu swears in 9 more MinistersPosted 1 day ago
- Kaputa woman kills 15 year old son over K 1000Posted 1 day ago
- President Lungu consoles Israel, as Israeli Premier invites the PresidentPosted 1 day ago
- Huawei unveils latest Mobile Broadband TechnologyPosted 1 day ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.