- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 21 hours ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 24 hours ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 24 hours ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 1 day ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 1 day ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 1 day ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 3 days ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 3 days ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 3 days ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 3 days ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.