- LWSC will not be able to pump water from Kafue to Lusaka for four days, says Nshamba MuzunguPosted 8 hours ago
- Husband divorced after he failed to impregnate his wifePosted 10 hours ago
- Electoral corruption is not good for Zambia’s democracy, says Father Leonard ChitiPosted 10 hours ago
- Vote for President Lungu, Kalusha Bwalya urges ZambiansPosted 11 hours ago
- President Lungu pledges to connect Chama and ChinsaliPosted 11 hours ago
- Ballot papers arrive todayPosted 12 hours ago
- We have finished printing all drivers’ license cards that were applied for in 2015, says RTSAPosted 1 day ago
- Police arrest man who allegedly run over a police officer in KabwePosted 1 day ago
- Rupiah Banda in Philadelphia to attend the National Convention of the Democratic PartyPosted 1 day ago
- Last batch of ballot papers transported to Dubai AirportPosted 1 day ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.