- President Edgar Lungu Officially Opens ParliamentPosted 21 hours ago
- Drimz is back with ‘Mwiloba’Posted 23 hours ago
- India, Turkey, Indonesia confident of Zambia prospering under President LunguPosted 23 hours ago
- Proflight to launch direct route from Mfuwe to lower ZambeziPosted 23 hours ago
- Kalumbila Pioneers New Community-Driven Approach to DevelopmentPosted 24 hours ago
- Zambian Breweries welcomes industry dialogue with governmentPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu swears in 9 more MinistersPosted 2 days ago
- Kaputa woman kills 15 year old son over K 1000Posted 2 days ago
- President Lungu consoles Israel, as Israeli Premier invites the PresidentPosted 2 days ago
- Huawei unveils latest Mobile Broadband TechnologyPosted 2 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.