- LWSC will not be able to pump water from Kafue to Lusaka for four days, says Nshamba MuzunguPosted 2 hours ago
- Husband divorced after he failed to impregnate his wifePosted 4 hours ago
- Electoral corruption is not good for Zambia’s democracy, says Father Leonard ChitiPosted 4 hours ago
- Vote for President Lungu, Kalusha Bwalya urges ZambiansPosted 5 hours ago
- President Lungu pledges to connect Chama and ChinsaliPosted 5 hours ago
- Ballot papers arrive todayPosted 6 hours ago
- We have finished printing all drivers’ license cards that were applied for in 2015, says RTSAPosted 1 day ago
- Police arrest man who allegedly run over a police officer in KabwePosted 1 day ago
- Rupiah Banda in Philadelphia to attend the National Convention of the Democratic PartyPosted 1 day ago
- Last batch of ballot papers transported to Dubai AirportPosted 1 day ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.