- Former Barca players Rayco Garcia and Ludovic Guily arrive today at 14:30 hrsPosted 3 mins ago
- One Namibian National Dies in a Road Traffic Accident along the Mazabuka-Lusaka roadPosted 17 hours ago
- Luanshya woman in court for being married to two menPosted 18 hours ago
- Thousands catch the fun at Lusaka Flying Fish PartyPosted 18 hours ago
- Zambeef Joins Vets in bid to help curb RabiesPosted 18 hours ago
- Huawei and UNZA sign ICT Talent Development ProgrammePosted 19 hours ago
- Zambia committed to benefit from the Africa Growth Opportunity Act (AGOA) Extension.Posted 21 hours ago
- Dot Com Zambia to release Fifa 17 this FridayPosted 24 hours ago
- NGOCC expresses gratitude that Chilando Chitangala is the deputy Mayor of LusakaPosted 3 days ago
- Lusaka man tells court why he took on a second wifePosted 3 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.