- Ghanaian President Dr. John Dramani Mahama congratulates President LunguPosted 17 hours ago
- Facebook CEO goes to Nigeria to witness Africa’s tech revolutionPosted 21 hours ago
- Constitutional Court throws out order on Mutembo’s dismissalPosted 23 hours ago
- Idols XII gets its top 16 singersPosted 23 hours ago
- There is no power vacuum, says State HousePosted 23 hours ago
- Immigration holds 17 foreigners who were involved in a road traffic accidentPosted 23 hours ago
- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 1 week ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 1 week ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 1 week ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 1 week ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.