- President Edgar Lungu Officially Opens ParliamentPosted 1 day ago
- Drimz is back with ‘Mwiloba’Posted 1 day ago
- India, Turkey, Indonesia confident of Zambia prospering under President LunguPosted 1 day ago
- Proflight to launch direct route from Mfuwe to lower ZambeziPosted 1 day ago
- Kalumbila Pioneers New Community-Driven Approach to DevelopmentPosted 1 day ago
- Zambian Breweries welcomes industry dialogue with governmentPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu swears in 9 more MinistersPosted 2 days ago
- Kaputa woman kills 15 year old son over K 1000Posted 2 days ago
- President Lungu consoles Israel, as Israeli Premier invites the PresidentPosted 2 days ago
- Huawei unveils latest Mobile Broadband TechnologyPosted 2 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.