- Zambia, South Africa sign MOU to protect their nationals working in the two countriesPosted 1 day ago
- Recording reveals nothing, says Frank BwalyaPosted 1 day ago
- President Edgar Lungu’s development agenda is all inclusive, says Kelvin Bwalya FubePosted 1 day ago
- Visit Nkwashi Site Today using the Free Shuttle ServicePosted 2 days ago
- Value addition is at the core of economic diversification, says Margaret MwanakatwePosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka July: a Cosmopolitan Touch to the CityPosted 2 days ago
- Vote for President Edgar Lungu, Given Lubinda urges YouthsPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu launches the Kafue Bulk Water Supply ProjectPosted 2 days ago
- No Zambian reporter on CNN/MultiChoice African Journalist 2016 awards listPosted 3 days ago
- 28 UPND cadres arrested in Kasama for tearing PF posters,says Bonny KapesoPosted 3 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.