- Kaputa woman kills 15 year old son over K 1000Posted 5 hours ago
- President Lungu consoles Israel, as Israeli Premier invites the PresidentPosted 5 hours ago
- Huawei unveils latest Mobile Broadband TechnologyPosted 5 hours ago
- Former Barca players Rayco Garcia and Ludovic Guily arrive today at 14:30 hrsPosted 5 hours ago
- One Namibian National Dies in a Road Traffic Accident along the Mazabuka-Lusaka roadPosted 22 hours ago
- Luanshya woman in court for being married to two menPosted 23 hours ago
- Thousands catch the fun at Lusaka Flying Fish PartyPosted 23 hours ago
- Zambeef Joins Vets in bid to help curb RabiesPosted 24 hours ago
- Huawei and UNZA sign ICT Talent Development ProgrammePosted 24 hours ago
- Zambia committed to benefit from the Africa Growth Opportunity Act (AGOA) Extension.Posted 1 day ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.