- NGOCC expresses gratitude that Chilando Chitangala is the deputy Mayor of LusakaPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka man tells court why he took on a second wifePosted 2 days ago
- Three drown in a freak boating accident in Kafue National ParkPosted 2 days ago
- Proflight Zambia has the right connections for World Tourism DayPosted 2 days ago
- RTSA to ascertain the cause of the accident were 22 people died involving a Power Tools Bus in SerenjePosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests five people for trafficking in Heroin and CocainePosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu swears in Patrick Matibini as SpeakerPosted 5 days ago
- A 74 year old man of Kasupe area in Lusaka West commits suicidePosted 5 days ago
- Trevor Noah to host MAMA 2016Posted 5 days ago
- Saudi Arabia congratulates President LunguPosted 5 days ago
The grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu takes a new twist as Police exhume her body
- Updated: July 20, 2012
POLICE this morning exhumed the body of Ruth Mbandu 19 as part of their on going investigations into her grisly murder case.
Ruth was buried four days ago.
Police forensic officers were found exhuming her body at Leopards Hill memorial park which they immediately re-buried.
Senior family members of the Mbandu family are said to have been present at the burial site during the exercise.
Police acting spokesperson Charity Chanda has confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media
saying the exercise was carried out in an effort to collect forensic evidence from the body.
It has now allegedly emerged that Ruth’s womb was removed hence the move to exhume the body.
On Thursday, a bishop from a named church in Lusaka was apprehended for questioning by police in connection with murder of Mbandu. This brings to four the number of people that have been arrested for questioning to help with investigations.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said on Thursday that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was optimistic that more people would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On Wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.