- LWSC will not be able to pump water from Kafue to Lusaka for four days, says Nshamba MuzunguPosted 6 hours ago
- Husband divorced after he failed to impregnate his wifePosted 8 hours ago
- Electoral corruption is not good for Zambia’s democracy, says Father Leonard ChitiPosted 8 hours ago
- Vote for President Lungu, Kalusha Bwalya urges ZambiansPosted 9 hours ago
- President Lungu pledges to connect Chama and ChinsaliPosted 9 hours ago
- Ballot papers arrive todayPosted 10 hours ago
- We have finished printing all drivers’ license cards that were applied for in 2015, says RTSAPosted 1 day ago
- Police arrest man who allegedly run over a police officer in KabwePosted 1 day ago
- Rupiah Banda in Philadelphia to attend the National Convention of the Democratic PartyPosted 1 day ago
- Last batch of ballot papers transported to Dubai AirportPosted 1 day ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.