- Zambian Breweries welcomes industry dialogue with governmentPosted 44 mins ago
- President Lungu swears in 9 more MinistersPosted 19 hours ago
- Kaputa woman kills 15 year old son over K 1000Posted 1 day ago
- President Lungu consoles Israel, as Israeli Premier invites the PresidentPosted 1 day ago
- Huawei unveils latest Mobile Broadband TechnologyPosted 1 day ago
- Former Barca players Rayco Garcia and Ludovic Guily arrive today at 14:30 hrsPosted 1 day ago
- One Namibian National Dies in a Road Traffic Accident along the Mazabuka-Lusaka roadPosted 2 days ago
- Luanshya woman in court for being married to two menPosted 2 days ago
- Thousands catch the fun at Lusaka Flying Fish PartyPosted 2 days ago
- Zambeef Joins Vets in bid to help curb RabiesPosted 2 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.