- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 4 days ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 4 days ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 4 days ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 4 days ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 4 days ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 4 days ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 6 days ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 6 days ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 6 days ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 6 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.