- We have finished printing all drivers’ license cards that were applied for in 2015, says RTSAPosted 2 hours ago
- Police arrest man who allegedly run over a police officer in KabwePosted 2 hours ago
- Rupiah Banda in Philadelphia to attend the National Convention of the Democratic PartyPosted 3 hours ago
- Last batch of ballot papers transported to Dubai AirportPosted 3 hours ago
- President Lungu dispels rumours of PF support for independent candidatesPosted 3 hours ago
- Police in Lusaka arrest 10 UPND cadres found in possession of offensive weaponsPosted 22 hours ago
- My wife watches too much Zee World and Telemundo, Lusaka Man tells CourtPosted 23 hours ago
- RTSA Fast track court convicts five motorists for driving under the influence of alcoholPosted 24 hours ago
- Police arrest three suspects for killing an Egyptian nationalPosted 24 hours ago
- Konkola Copper Mines prioritises employee healthPosted 1 day ago
Drunk driver kills himself and two others in Lusaka road horror
- Updated: July 19, 2012
Three people died on the spot after the vehicle they were traveling in had a tyre burst, hit into a pavement and over turned several times.
Police say initial investigations have revealed that the driver was drunk because assorted empty beer bottles were found in the vehicle.
Police acting spokesperson Charity Chanda said in a statement made available to Mwebantu New Media that the accident happened today around 03:00 hours along Lumumba Road in Lusaka.
“The unregistered silver Toyota Altezza was being driven by a man who has not yet been identified and had three female passengers who have also not been identified. One of the bodies was found lying on the roof of family 24,” she said.
Chanda said two of the passengers died on the spot together with the driver while one sustained serious injuries and is admitted in the University Teaching Hospital.
Meanwhile, Ms Chanda has advised members of the public not to drink and drive as it as an offence and anyone who would be found drunk whilst driving would be arrested.
“We also appealing to members of the public with information on the identities of the deceased to report to the nearest police station,” she said.
Meanwhile, police are investigating a case in which a 30 year old woman of prospects area in Kabwe is suspected to have been murdered 18th July, 2012.Ms Chanda said Edith Mweemba, a sales lady at Kambeu bar was found dead in her bedroom with blood coming out of the mouth and nose.
T he body of the deceased is lying in Kabwe General Hospital Mortuary.