- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 3 days ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 3 days ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 3 days ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 3 days ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 3 days ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 5 days ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 5 days ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 5 days ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 5 days ago
A Lusaka based Bishop has been arrested in connection with grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 19, 2012
A Bishop from a named church in Lusaka has also been apprehended for questioning by police in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu.
This brings the number of people nabbed in connection to the grisly murder to three.
Police say they have yet again made in roads in the on going investigations of the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu the 19-year-old National Institute for Public Administration (NIPA) student who was killed on Friday last week.
Police say they have closed in on other people suspected to have played a role in the atrocious act.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said in an interview that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was positive that more would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“ We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s
murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.