- Zambia, South Africa sign MOU to protect their nationals working in the two countriesPosted 3 days ago
- Recording reveals nothing, says Frank BwalyaPosted 3 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu’s development agenda is all inclusive, says Kelvin Bwalya FubePosted 3 days ago
- Visit Nkwashi Site Today using the Free Shuttle ServicePosted 4 days ago
- Value addition is at the core of economic diversification, says Margaret MwanakatwePosted 4 days ago
- Lusaka July: a Cosmopolitan Touch to the CityPosted 4 days ago
- Vote for President Edgar Lungu, Given Lubinda urges YouthsPosted 4 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu launches the Kafue Bulk Water Supply ProjectPosted 4 days ago
- No Zambian reporter on CNN/MultiChoice African Journalist 2016 awards listPosted 5 days ago
- 28 UPND cadres arrested in Kasama for tearing PF posters,says Bonny KapesoPosted 5 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.