- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 4 hours ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 6 hours ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 6 hours ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 7 hours ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 7 hours ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 7 hours ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 2 days ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 2 days ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 2 days ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 3 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.