- Zambezi Magic finally unleashes ‘face’ of the ZED Top 10 countdown music showPosted 2 days ago
- Free wifi to create 1,500 jobs for Lusaka youthsPosted 2 days ago
- Namibian President to Grace Zambia Agriculture and Commercial ShowPosted 2 days ago
- July Inflation drops, says CSOPosted 2 days ago
- LWSC will not be able to pump water from Kafue to Lusaka for four days, says Nshamba MuzunguPosted 3 days ago
- Husband divorced after he failed to impregnate his wifePosted 3 days ago
- Electoral corruption is not good for Zambia’s democracy, says Father Leonard ChitiPosted 3 days ago
- Vote for President Lungu, Kalusha Bwalya urges ZambiansPosted 3 days ago
- President Lungu pledges to connect Chama and ChinsaliPosted 3 days ago
- Ballot papers arrive todayPosted 3 days ago
Maid murderer appears in court
- Updated: July 18, 2012
A 79-year-old man of foreign origin today appeared before a Lusaka magistrates’ court for allegedly killing his maid.
Before magistrate Exhilda Chanda was Arthur Stewart Francis, a retired farmer, charged with one count of murder contrary to Section 200 of the Penal Code.
The accused is alleged to have murdered Mary Simambwe on April 12, 2012.
The case has been adjourned to August 1, 2012 for mention awaiting to be committed to the High Court.
And the case in which a Lusaka Pastor is allegedly accused of confining his three year old child by tying the child failed to take off today.
The accused asked the court to give him one month in which he could contact his lawyer to represent him.
He further asked the court to read the indictment for him in order to understand the charge.
In response, magistrate Chanda said the lawyer he was talking about was not on the court records but said she could not give him one month but instead gave him two weeks in which he could contact his lawyer.
She told the accused that the indictment would be availed to him by his lawyer when he comes.
The matter has been adjourned to August 2 this year for trial.