- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 2 days ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 2 days ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 2 days ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 2 days ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 2 days ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 2 days ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 5 days ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 5 days ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 5 days ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 5 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.