- NGOCC expresses gratitude that Chilando Chitangala is the deputy Mayor of LusakaPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka man tells court why he took on a second wifePosted 2 days ago
- Three drown in a freak boating accident in Kafue National ParkPosted 2 days ago
- Proflight Zambia has the right connections for World Tourism DayPosted 2 days ago
- RTSA to ascertain the cause of the accident were 22 people died involving a Power Tools Bus in SerenjePosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests five people for trafficking in Heroin and CocainePosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu swears in Patrick Matibini as SpeakerPosted 5 days ago
- A 74 year old man of Kasupe area in Lusaka West commits suicidePosted 5 days ago
- Trevor Noah to host MAMA 2016Posted 5 days ago
- Saudi Arabia congratulates President LunguPosted 5 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.