- Zambia, South Africa sign MOU to protect their nationals working in the two countriesPosted 2 days ago
- Recording reveals nothing, says Frank BwalyaPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu’s development agenda is all inclusive, says Kelvin Bwalya FubePosted 2 days ago
- Visit Nkwashi Site Today using the Free Shuttle ServicePosted 3 days ago
- Value addition is at the core of economic diversification, says Margaret MwanakatwePosted 3 days ago
- Lusaka July: a Cosmopolitan Touch to the CityPosted 3 days ago
- Vote for President Edgar Lungu, Given Lubinda urges YouthsPosted 3 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu launches the Kafue Bulk Water Supply ProjectPosted 3 days ago
- No Zambian reporter on CNN/MultiChoice African Journalist 2016 awards listPosted 4 days ago
- 28 UPND cadres arrested in Kasama for tearing PF posters,says Bonny KapesoPosted 4 days ago
Zanaco short change Zesco
- Updated: July 14, 2012
Zanaco maintained top spot after beating their Copperbelt rivals’ Zesco 2-1 at sunset stadium in Lusaka. Keagan Mumba’s sides struggled in the first half against Zesco who took an 8th minute lead through Jackson Mwanza.
Zanaco leveled against the run of play in the 43rd minute through Lewis Macha who headed in a Moses Phiri cross. There was drama in a space of two minutes with just ten minutes played in the second half when Mwanza saw his effort ruled for offside. A minute later Phiri hot the upright on the counterattack for Zanaco.
Zanaco make no mistake three minutes later when midfielder Henry Banda swept in a free kick giving Jacob Banda no chance.
The Bankers have now opened up a four-point gap at the top of the table on 36 points from 16 games, while Zesco stay second on 32 points.
Faz Super Division Week 16
Konkola Blades 2-Konkola Mine Police 2
Nchanga Rangers 3-National Assembly 1
Green Buffaloes 1-Roan United 1
Power Dynamos 0- Green Eagles 0
Nakambala Leopards 1-Nkana 1
Forest Rangers 0- Red Arrows 0
Zanaco 2- Zesco United 1
Indeni 2-Napsa Stars 1
|10||•||Konkola Mine Police||16||4||6||6||15||-5||18|
(Source: Lusaka Times)