- President Lungu swears in 9 more MinistersPosted 9 hours ago
- Kaputa woman kills 15 year old son over K 1000Posted 15 hours ago
- President Lungu consoles Israel, as Israeli Premier invites the PresidentPosted 15 hours ago
- Huawei unveils latest Mobile Broadband TechnologyPosted 15 hours ago
- Former Barca players Rayco Garcia and Ludovic Guily arrive today at 14:30 hrsPosted 15 hours ago
- One Namibian National Dies in a Road Traffic Accident along the Mazabuka-Lusaka roadPosted 1 day ago
- Luanshya woman in court for being married to two menPosted 1 day ago
- Thousands catch the fun at Lusaka Flying Fish PartyPosted 1 day ago
- Zambeef Joins Vets in bid to help curb RabiesPosted 1 day ago
- Huawei and UNZA sign ICT Talent Development ProgrammePosted 1 day ago
DEC nabs cannabis smoking Grade 12 pupil in Ndola
- Updated: July 13, 2012
School authorities at Chifubu High School in Ndola have nabbed a grade 12 pupil after he was found smoking suspected cannabis outside the school fence together with a former pupil. The named 19 year old pupil was later picked up by the Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) early this morning.
Sources at the school told the Zambia News and Information Services-ZANIS that the pupil was smoking at the time he was supposed to be in learning class. The sources further said the school administration was suspicious that some pupils at the school together with some outsiders were using a nearby disused building to smoke suspected cannabis.
They said the building has been under surveillance since Monday when the matter was reported to Police and DEC. And this morning when school authorities decided to check on the building at around 07:30hours they found the pupil smoking with his colleague.
They duo were apprehended and locked in one of the offices awaiting the arrival of DEC officers.
They were later whisked by the Drug Enforcement Commission to their offices to assist with investigations. Efforts to get a comment from the Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka proved futile as their Public Relations Officer was out of office-ZANIS.