- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 1 day ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 2 days ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 2 days ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 2 days ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 2 days ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 2 days ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 4 days ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 4 days ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 4 days ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 4 days ago
DEC nabs cannabis smoking Grade 12 pupil in Ndola
- Updated: July 13, 2012
School authorities at Chifubu High School in Ndola have nabbed a grade 12 pupil after he was found smoking suspected cannabis outside the school fence together with a former pupil. The named 19 year old pupil was later picked up by the Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) early this morning.
Sources at the school told the Zambia News and Information Services-ZANIS that the pupil was smoking at the time he was supposed to be in learning class. The sources further said the school administration was suspicious that some pupils at the school together with some outsiders were using a nearby disused building to smoke suspected cannabis.
They said the building has been under surveillance since Monday when the matter was reported to Police and DEC. And this morning when school authorities decided to check on the building at around 07:30hours they found the pupil smoking with his colleague.
They duo were apprehended and locked in one of the offices awaiting the arrival of DEC officers.
They were later whisked by the Drug Enforcement Commission to their offices to assist with investigations. Efforts to get a comment from the Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka proved futile as their Public Relations Officer was out of office-ZANIS.