- LWSC will not be able to pump water from Kafue to Lusaka for four days, says Nshamba MuzunguPosted 12 hours ago
- Husband divorced after he failed to impregnate his wifePosted 13 hours ago
- Electoral corruption is not good for Zambia’s democracy, says Father Leonard ChitiPosted 14 hours ago
- Vote for President Lungu, Kalusha Bwalya urges ZambiansPosted 15 hours ago
- President Lungu pledges to connect Chama and ChinsaliPosted 15 hours ago
- Ballot papers arrive todayPosted 15 hours ago
- We have finished printing all drivers’ license cards that were applied for in 2015, says RTSAPosted 2 days ago
- Police arrest man who allegedly run over a police officer in KabwePosted 2 days ago
- Rupiah Banda in Philadelphia to attend the National Convention of the Democratic PartyPosted 2 days ago
- Last batch of ballot papers transported to Dubai AirportPosted 2 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS