- President Edgar Lungu Officially Opens ParliamentPosted 14 hours ago
- Drimz is back with ‘Mwiloba’Posted 16 hours ago
- India, Turkey, Indonesia confident of Zambia prospering under President LunguPosted 16 hours ago
- Proflight to launch direct route from Mfuwe to lower ZambeziPosted 16 hours ago
- Kalumbila Pioneers New Community-Driven Approach to DevelopmentPosted 17 hours ago
- Zambian Breweries welcomes industry dialogue with governmentPosted 18 hours ago
- President Lungu swears in 9 more MinistersPosted 2 days ago
- Kaputa woman kills 15 year old son over K 1000Posted 2 days ago
- President Lungu consoles Israel, as Israeli Premier invites the PresidentPosted 2 days ago
- Huawei unveils latest Mobile Broadband TechnologyPosted 2 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS