- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 16 hours ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 18 hours ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 18 hours ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 19 hours ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 19 hours ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 20 hours ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 3 days ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 3 days ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 3 days ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 3 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS