- Zambezi Magic finally unleashes ‘face’ of the ZED Top 10 countdown music showPosted 2 days ago
- Free wifi to create 1,500 jobs for Lusaka youthsPosted 2 days ago
- Namibian President to Grace Zambia Agriculture and Commercial ShowPosted 2 days ago
- July Inflation drops, says CSOPosted 2 days ago
- LWSC will not be able to pump water from Kafue to Lusaka for four days, says Nshamba MuzunguPosted 3 days ago
- Husband divorced after he failed to impregnate his wifePosted 3 days ago
- Electoral corruption is not good for Zambia’s democracy, says Father Leonard ChitiPosted 3 days ago
- Vote for President Lungu, Kalusha Bwalya urges ZambiansPosted 3 days ago
- President Lungu pledges to connect Chama and ChinsaliPosted 3 days ago
- Ballot papers arrive todayPosted 3 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.