- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 3 days ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 3 days ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 3 days ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 3 days ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 3 days ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 5 days ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 5 days ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 5 days ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 6 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.