- One Namibian National Dies in a Road Traffic Accident along the Mazabuka-Lusaka roadPosted 10 hours ago
- Luanshya woman in court for being married to two menPosted 11 hours ago
- Thousands catch the fun at Lusaka Flying Fish PartyPosted 11 hours ago
- Zambeef Joins Vets in bid to help curb RabiesPosted 12 hours ago
- Huawei and UNZA sign ICT Talent Development ProgrammePosted 12 hours ago
- Zambia committed to benefit from the Africa Growth Opportunity Act (AGOA) Extension.Posted 14 hours ago
- Dot Com Zambia to release Fifa 17 this FridayPosted 17 hours ago
- NGOCC expresses gratitude that Chilando Chitangala is the deputy Mayor of LusakaPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka man tells court why he took on a second wifePosted 3 days ago
- Three drown in a freak boating accident in Kafue National ParkPosted 3 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.