- President Lungu swears in Patrick Matibini as SpeakerPosted 1 day ago
- A 74 year old man of Kasupe area in Lusaka West commits suicidePosted 1 day ago
- Trevor Noah to host MAMA 2016Posted 1 day ago
- Saudi Arabia congratulates President LunguPosted 1 day ago
- European Investment Bank (EIB) invests over EUR92 million in ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- World Bank Africa, Finland nod President Lungu’s electionPosted 1 day ago
- President John Magufuli congratulates President LunguPosted 1 day ago
- French President extols Zambia for democracy, tolerancePosted 3 days ago
- ZICTA urges Samsung to withdraw Samsung Galaxy Note 7 from the marketPosted 3 days ago
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President LunguPosted 3 days ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS