- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 5 days ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 5 days ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 5 days ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 5 days ago
- Zambians should continue living in harmony and safeguard the security of the nation, says William Ng’ambiPosted 5 days ago
- Calls for President Lungu to stand down are legally flawed says Patrick MvungaPosted 5 days ago
- Blogger Kamota Mayondi captures Lusaka social scene with HuaweiPosted 1 week ago
- ZNBS donates towards Catherine fightPosted 1 week ago
- Consumers demanding more from smartphones-HuaweiPosted 1 week ago
- Verification of Ballot Papers Account Form progressing well, says Alex MwansaPosted 1 week ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS