- Ghanaian President Dr. John Dramani Mahama congratulates President LunguPosted 14 hours ago
- Facebook CEO goes to Nigeria to witness Africa’s tech revolutionPosted 17 hours ago
- Constitutional Court throws out order on Mutembo’s dismissalPosted 19 hours ago
- Idols XII gets its top 16 singersPosted 19 hours ago
- There is no power vacuum, says State HousePosted 19 hours ago
- Immigration holds 17 foreigners who were involved in a road traffic accidentPosted 20 hours ago
- Divas Summer Festival 2016 at Chainama Hotel on 3rd September 2016Posted 1 week ago
- Three die people on the spot in three separate road traffic accidentsPosted 1 week ago
- 12 foreign nationals were convicted for various immigration related offencesPosted 1 week ago
- My Perfect Wedding Zambia Coming soon on Zambezi Magic!Posted 1 week ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.