- President Edgar Lungu Officially Opens ParliamentPosted 13 hours ago
- Drimz is back with ‘Mwiloba’Posted 16 hours ago
- India, Turkey, Indonesia confident of Zambia prospering under President LunguPosted 16 hours ago
- Proflight to launch direct route from Mfuwe to lower ZambeziPosted 16 hours ago
- Kalumbila Pioneers New Community-Driven Approach to DevelopmentPosted 17 hours ago
- Zambian Breweries welcomes industry dialogue with governmentPosted 18 hours ago
- President Lungu swears in 9 more MinistersPosted 2 days ago
- Kaputa woman kills 15 year old son over K 1000Posted 2 days ago
- President Lungu consoles Israel, as Israeli Premier invites the PresidentPosted 2 days ago
- Huawei unveils latest Mobile Broadband TechnologyPosted 2 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.