- Zambia, South Africa sign MOU to protect their nationals working in the two countriesPosted 2 days ago
- Recording reveals nothing, says Frank BwalyaPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu’s development agenda is all inclusive, says Kelvin Bwalya FubePosted 2 days ago
- Visit Nkwashi Site Today using the Free Shuttle ServicePosted 3 days ago
- Value addition is at the core of economic diversification, says Margaret MwanakatwePosted 3 days ago
- Lusaka July: a Cosmopolitan Touch to the CityPosted 3 days ago
- Vote for President Edgar Lungu, Given Lubinda urges YouthsPosted 4 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu launches the Kafue Bulk Water Supply ProjectPosted 4 days ago
- No Zambian reporter on CNN/MultiChoice African Journalist 2016 awards listPosted 4 days ago
- 28 UPND cadres arrested in Kasama for tearing PF posters,says Bonny KapesoPosted 4 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.