- Kasama PF MP Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba has lost his seat, Speaker rulesPosted 17 hours ago
- GBM was unanimously elected and accepted as UPND vice-president says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 18 hours ago
- Man charged with rape after victim mistakes him for husbandPosted 19 hours ago
- MPs Salary Increment demands are outrageous says Bowman LusamboPosted 19 hours ago
- Zambia UN peacemakers ship via Walvis BayPosted 21 hours ago
- Entrepreneurs set to hear ‘extraordinary’ speakers at Nyamuka Business ConferencePosted 22 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema must stop abusing patients for cheap political mileage says Patriotic FrontPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka Woman Beaten for not being JealousPosted 2 days ago
- Speeding motor vehicle kills one month old babyPosted 2 days ago
- Chef 187, Slap Dee, Willz and Macky II join fans to celebrate 100 years of the Coke bottlePosted 2 days ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.