- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,”-Dedication to Ya’llPosted 16 hours ago
- Lusaka Fast Track court on Traffic offences convicts 44 motorists for various traffic offencesPosted 17 hours ago
- President Michael Sata swears in Attorney General Musa Mwenye and Solicitor General Abraham MwansaPosted 19 hours ago
- Luapula Province Permanent Secretary Kasolo hails $200million road worksPosted 2 days ago
- Nevers Mumba says MMD will bring a new style of politics in ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries charged with indecent assaultPosted 2 days ago
- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 4 days ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 6 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 6 days ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 7 days ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.