- Zambia remains vulnerable to developments in the global economy says Bank of ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Bus Tickets Zambia Introduces Free Shuttle Buses to Intercity TerminusPosted 1 day ago
- Wynter Kabimba had been a destabilizing figure says Sunday ChandaPosted 1 day ago
- Government is implementing tangible measures to support agriculture sector says Greyford MondePosted 1 day ago
- 1,028 people die from 16,000 RTAs this year alone says RTSAPosted 2 days ago
- Zambeef e18hteam football frenzy lands on Choma and LivingstonePosted 2 days ago
- Stanbic and PEP Zambia sign funding MoUPosted 2 days ago
- Rupiah Banda was a shameless “Sangwapo” President claims Copperbelt MMDPosted 2 days ago
- Before you judge me, first judge yourself says DambisaPosted 3 days ago
- Government will waste $1 billion dollars on Zamtel says Nevers MumbaPosted 3 days ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.