- Ludwig Sondashi is Failing to Reason Says PFPosted 11 mins ago
- 14 foreign nationals arrested for various immigration offencesPosted 4 hours ago
- UPND embarks on countrywide restructuringPosted 4 hours ago
- COPA Coca-Cola puts the Fizz back into Grassroots SoccerPosted 5 hours ago
- Mandevu residents complain about the high cost of living to Hakainde HichilemaPosted 7 hours ago
- EPA negotiations underway, Miles Sampa Informs ACP meeting in BelgiumPosted 8 hours ago
- Proflight Adds Star Power to ZATEX 2015Posted 9 hours ago
- Buy Local and Support Your Farmers, Says ZambeefPosted 12 hours ago
- AGCO Future Farm officially launchedPosted 12 hours ago
- HH’s cattle graze people’s crop fields in Kazungula, about 140 families affectedPosted 12 hours ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.