- BancABC mourns President SataPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata’s Remains Arrive Saturday, 1st November, 2014 at 10:00 HoursPosted 2 days ago
- MISA Zambia learns with deep sorrow about the death of President SataPosted 3 days ago
- Late President Michael Sata should be mourned with dignity and honour says Rupiah Bwezani BandaPosted 3 days ago
- The Cobra Who Charmed a Nation: The Life and Times of Michael Chilufya SataPosted 3 days ago
- Zambian Government Confirms the Death of President Sata in LondonPosted 3 days ago
- Police in Mansa arrest 32 people for riotous behaviorPosted 4 days ago
- Zambians in the USA celebrates Golden JubileePosted 4 days ago
- Jubilee celebrations end tragically with suspected drowning of 21 pupils in ChomaPosted 1 week ago
- Acting Republican President Lungu leads in celebrating golden jubileePosted 1 week ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.