- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,”- Cleaning out My BedroomPosted 13 mins ago
- Vice-president Scott holds bilateral talks with Scotland ministerPosted 19 hours ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda visits Kazimu SataPosted 2 days ago
- President Michael Sata visits Kazimu Sata in South AfricaPosted 3 days ago
- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,” Chats with My Boys – My two cents worth (Part Two)Posted 6 days ago
- Patricia Mwashingwele and others join UPNDPosted 1 week ago
- Father Frank Bwalya acquitted in the “Chumbu Munshololwa” casePosted 1 week ago
- External forces responsible for Africa’s instability says KabimbaPosted 1 week ago
- Zambia to take part in the four-nation Africa Cup Under-19 Group B rugby tournament in UgandaPosted 1 week ago
- Emirates Celebrates with 2014 FIFA World Cup Winner GermanyPosted 1 week ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.