- ZAMBEEF value chain savings passed on to consumersPosted 24 hours ago
- United States Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz visits Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)Posted 1 day ago
- PMRC calls for extensive review of SI No 63 on the increment of the retirement age in ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests Lusaka man for trafficking in cocainePosted 2 days ago
- ZAMBEEF had a turnover of US$279 million in 2014Posted 2 days ago
- Proflight plane tickets now available at ShopritePosted 2 days ago
- Nepotism is rife in the Zambian Civil Service says President Edgar LunguPosted 3 days ago
- Anti- Corruption Commission arrests ZRA officer for corrupt practicesPosted 3 days ago
- The reduction in the price of mealie-meal is not adequate says Zambia Council for Social DevelopmentPosted 3 days ago
- State House Instructs Emmanuel Chilekwa to stop using President Edgar Lungu’s namePosted 3 days ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.