- Nawakwi’s statement is fill distortions and malice-PFPosted 2 hours ago
- Building of transit homes is a sign of misplaced priorities-MMDPosted 2 hours ago
- Term of the Presidency is tied to the life of Parliament-Peter SinkambaPosted 2 hours ago
- Toyota Tsusho, Amatheon Agri Group to partner on US$10 million agro project in ZambiaPosted 2 hours ago
- Voting has started in Petauke, Malambo, Mulobezi ConstituenciesPosted 4 hours ago
- Rupiah Banda Acquitted in Nigerian Oil CasePosted 17 hours ago
- ZESCO suspends the export of power to neighboring countriesPosted 22 hours ago
- A people driven constitution is a must before the 2016 general elections- LongwePosted 1 day ago
- ZESCO must stop exporting power, to reduce load shedding-UPNDPosted 1 day ago
- Man ordered to stop drinking beerPosted 1 day ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.