- Chishimba Kambwili Dissolves Zambia Daily Mail, Times of Zambia Boards, Fires Managing DirectorsPosted 1 day ago
- 2 Chinese Businessmen and 1 Zambian who allegedly cloned visa cards and unlawfully withdrew money from bank accounts arrestedPosted 1 day ago
- Dora Siliya announces intentions to re-contest Petauke Parliamentary seatPosted 1 day ago
- KCM gives uniforms to Nampundwe rural pre-schoolsPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia Breweries to open K224 million malting plant in the LusakaPosted 2 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema urges Zambians to register as votersPosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests an Australian National and two Zambians for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plants weighing over 20kg.Posted 2 days ago
- Muvi TV Journalist and three Germany Nationals killed in a road accidentPosted 3 days ago
- Dora Siliya bemoans high defilement cases being reported at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)Posted 3 days ago
- Two criminals gunned down in Chambishi by an alert neighbourPosted 3 days ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.