- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 9 hours ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 10 hours ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 10 hours ago
- Fund Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) says YALIPosted 10 hours ago
- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 3 days ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 3 days ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 3 days ago
- Government cancels the registration Miles Sampa’s Democratic Front partyPosted 4 days ago
- Dotcom Zambia Breakfast club presents Dr Dennis MwansaPosted 4 days ago
- DEC arrests a Lusaka businessman for money laundering involving K87, 600Posted 4 days ago
Explosive Device Kills Miner in Mufulira
- Updated: January 7, 2014
A THIRTY-ONE-YEAR old miner of Mopani Copper Mines (MCM) in Mufulira
has died after an explosive device exploded on him, blowing off his head in
an underground mine accident.
Acting Copperbelt Police chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident in
Ms Kasosa identified the deceased as Worby Chichalwa ,31, of house
number 379/F Kankoyo Township in Mufulira who died on Monday following
an explosive accident at MCM’s Mufulira Division.
She said the accident happened around 15:00 hours at 1, 062 metres
deep underground where the deceased was blasting the ground using
“One of the explosives he was trying to ignite accidentally exploded
on his body blowing his head in the process,” she said.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chichalwa, apart from his head being blown off had
his right hand cut off by the explosive.
Ms Kasosa said the body of the deceased was taken to Malcom Hospital
mortuary in Mufulira.