- Suspension of Guy Scott is not only illegal, but is also null and void says PF SG Bridget AtangaPosted 3 days ago
- ECZ sets December 17, 18 and 19, 2014 as nomination dates for the 20th January,2015 presidential by electionPosted 5 days ago
- Late President Sata’s widow Dr Christine Kaseba has filed in her nomination to contest for the PF PresidencyPosted 5 days ago
- Edgar Lungu Successfully Files as PF Presidential CandidatePosted 5 days ago
- “Suspension” of Nevers Mumba Total Madness says Raphael NakacindaPosted 5 days ago
- 20th of January 2015 set as poll day in presidential by-electionPosted 5 days ago
- Mulenga Sata joins the race for the PF presidency and donates K40, 000 for general conventionPosted 6 days ago
- Zimbabwean national sentenced to 6 years imprisonment for unlawful possession of government trophyPosted 6 days ago
- Tanzanian national and Zambian arrested for trafficking in over 600 bundles of miraaPosted 6 days ago
- Adopt Nevers Mumba or MMD dies says Bowman LusamboPosted 6 days ago
ZESCO to export more electricity to Namibia
- Updated: December 16, 2013
ZAMBIA is expected to export an additional 50 Mega Watts (MW) of power to Namibia, in order to boost that country’s energy supply system,NamPower chief executive officer Paulimus Shilambaa has said.
Mr Shilamba said Namibia has applied for an additional 100 Mega Watts (MW) of power to be imported from Zambia through Zesco.
Nampower presently receives 50 MW of electricity daily from Zesco and the firm is negotiating with the Zambian power utility firm to provide Namibia with more power to Namibia.
“We have requested for an additional 100 MW of electricity daily and with the recent expansion of power stations in Zambia, it could be possible for Zesco to sell us more power,” Mr Shilamba said in a statement.
Negotiations over a possible fresh deal with Zesco had reached at an advanced stage as NamPower was also negotiating for increased power imports from Mozambique and Zimbabwe.