- Kabwe man arrested for defiling sick daughter in hospital toiletPosted 18 hours ago
- Zambia and Shoprite pledge to support EntrepreneursPosted 22 hours ago
- BancABC Awarded Fastest Growing Retail Bank in Zambia by the Global Banking and Finance ReviewPosted 23 hours ago
- Major-General David Muma is the new Zambia Airforce (ZAF) Deputy CommanderPosted 1 day ago
- BancABC Registration of Suppliers for Goods and Services for the 2015/2016Posted 1 day ago
- President Edgar Lungu leaves for Addis AbabaPosted 1 day ago
- President Edgar Lungu takes Health Checks, transfers power to Inonge WinaPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu fires Attorney-General Mr. Musa MwenyePosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu recognises Henry Kanyanta Sosala as Paramount Chief ChitimukuluPosted 3 days ago
- United States congratulates Zambia for upholding democracyPosted 4 days ago
Ethiopian Airlines in joint venture with Malawian Airlines
- Updated: July 17, 2013
ETHIOPIAN Airlines has partnered with Malawi Airlines to benefit the travelling public in the Southern Africa region.
Ethiopian Airline Chief Executive Officer Tewolde Gebremariam said this in a statement made available to ZANIS in Ndola yesterday.
Mr Gebremariam said the Airlines aim is to set up hubs in all regions of the continent and to become the leading aviation group in Africa which will be generating 10 billion dollars in annual revenue by 2025.
“The establishment of multiple hubs in Africa is an overarching strategy of our Vision 2025. We have participated in the establishment of a regional airline in West Africa, ASKY, which has been quite successful,” Mr Gebremariam said.
He said Ethiopian Airlines is the fastest growing Airline in Africa and that in its operations for some decades now, the airline has become one of the continent’s leading carriers, unrivalled in efficiency and operational success.
He added that Ethiopian Airlines commands the lion share of the pan-African passenger and cargo network operating the youngest and most modern fleet to more than 74 international destinations across five continents.
“Ethiopian fleet includes ultra-modern and environmentally friendly aircraft such as the Boeing 787, Boeing 777-200LR, Boeing 777-200LR Freighter and Bombardier Q-400 with double cabin. In fact, Ethiopian is the first airline in Africa to own and operate these aircraft,” he said.