- Nevers Mumba maintains MMD NEC meeting is set for month endPosted 6 hours ago
- We will continue yapping to demand for the release of the draft constitution says Fr. Leonard ChitiPosted 7 hours ago
- Police launch manhunt for bandits who snatched K541,736.00 cash in LuanshyaPosted 10 hours ago
- Unsafe Abortions in Zambia worry GovernmentPosted 11 hours ago
- 35 people killed in Easter weekend accidentsPosted 11 hours ago
- Dora and her team should leave MMD says Bowman LusamboPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata mourns Dennis LiwewePosted 1 day ago
- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 6 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 6 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 1 week ago
Mailoni brothers buried
- Updated: June 29, 2013
THE three infamous Mailoni brothers, who were gunned down on Monday, June, 24, around 15:00 hrs, have been buried.
Kabwe District Commissioner, Patrick Chishala, confirmed this to ZANIS in an interview this morning.
Mr Chishala said the three brothers were buried, yesterday in Kabwe around 17:00hrs and that they were accorded a burial befitting their status as criminals, who had gruesomely murdered more than 12 people in the interior of Luano Valley.
He, however, appealed to the public not to demonise the surviving family of the deceased brothers which includes their mother, Janet and brother Nelson.
He further appealed to the people of Luano, who migrated to other villages for over seven years, to get back to the area, which has now been upgraded to a district level and help to develop it.
Mr Chishala said government will ensure that development is taken to the district because the chapter of the Mailoni brothers is now permanently closed.