- Taxi driver sentenced to 25 years imprisonment for stabbing a woman with a screw driverPosted 1 hour ago
- Child marriage is a violation of a child’s rights, says Vincent MwalePosted 2 hours ago
- 11 people arrested in three provinces for trafficking in over 1.9 tonnes of cannabisPosted 2 hours ago
- Chipimo Pulls Out of 2016 Presidential RacePosted 2 hours ago
- Wezi coming of AgePosted 19 hours ago
- Four -year-old, Ndola girl hit by car dies from injuriesPosted 19 hours ago
- Kariba Bush Club has limited space for December, prices quoted in KwachaPosted 22 hours ago
- Dot Com Zambia to sponsor the launch of The Business Breakfast ClubPosted 22 hours ago
- Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) takes Post Newspaper to the Supreme CourtPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka Judge allows blood transfusion for Jehovah’s Witness boy, against mothers’ wishesPosted 1 day ago
Mailoni brothers buried
- Updated: June 29, 2013
THE three infamous Mailoni brothers, who were gunned down on Monday, June, 24, around 15:00 hrs, have been buried.
Kabwe District Commissioner, Patrick Chishala, confirmed this to ZANIS in an interview this morning.
Mr Chishala said the three brothers were buried, yesterday in Kabwe around 17:00hrs and that they were accorded a burial befitting their status as criminals, who had gruesomely murdered more than 12 people in the interior of Luano Valley.
He, however, appealed to the public not to demonise the surviving family of the deceased brothers which includes their mother, Janet and brother Nelson.
He further appealed to the people of Luano, who migrated to other villages for over seven years, to get back to the area, which has now been upgraded to a district level and help to develop it.
Mr Chishala said government will ensure that development is taken to the district because the chapter of the Mailoni brothers is now permanently closed.