- Zambeef impresses COMESAPosted 1 day ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda mourns MandelaPosted 1 day ago
- Four motorists cheat death in LusakaPosted 1 day ago
- Court officers arrested for stealing drugsPosted 1 day ago
- Sata joins other Heads of State in mourning MandelaPosted 1 day ago
- HH says Mandela was selfless, honestPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia assents to agreements to secure elephantsPosted 5 days ago
- Lusaka man defiles and strangles two year old daughterPosted 5 days ago
- Parliament mourns Dr ChikusuPosted 5 days ago
- Police officer dies in hijacked car accidentPosted 5 days ago
Mailoni brothers buried
- Updated: June 29, 2013
THE three infamous Mailoni brothers, who were gunned down on Monday, June, 24, around 15:00 hrs, have been buried.
Kabwe District Commissioner, Patrick Chishala, confirmed this to ZANIS in an interview this morning.
Mr Chishala said the three brothers were buried, yesterday in Kabwe around 17:00hrs and that they were accorded a burial befitting their status as criminals, who had gruesomely murdered more than 12 people in the interior of Luano Valley.
He, however, appealed to the public not to demonise the surviving family of the deceased brothers which includes their mother, Janet and brother Nelson.
He further appealed to the people of Luano, who migrated to other villages for over seven years, to get back to the area, which has now been upgraded to a district level and help to develop it.
Mr Chishala said government will ensure that development is taken to the district because the chapter of the Mailoni brothers is now permanently closed.