- President Lungu’s directive to search HH will dent Zambia’s image says YALIPosted 13 hours ago
- Inonge Wina expected to travel to the United States of America and Japan for bilateral meetingsPosted 13 hours ago
- Zambian Woman, 35, arrested in Pakistan with 17 cocaine capsules concealed in rectumPosted 14 hours ago
- 6 Chinese nationals fined K 48,000Posted 14 hours ago
- Bus Project named as the 2015 New Venture WinnerPosted 16 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Lucky Mulusa as his aidePosted 18 hours ago
- Kalabo records 30 cases of unsafe abortions involving school girls every monthPosted 19 hours ago
- Police raid Hakainde Hichilema’s housePosted 20 hours ago
- Bivan Saluseki confirms being fired by the Post NewspaperPosted 20 hours ago
- Sylvia Masebo ExpelledPosted 20 hours ago
“I am Sorry”, Lottie Phiri Tells Mary Magambo
- Updated: April 8, 2013
LOTTIE PHIRI, the Zesco United midfielder whose love affair with ZNBC newscaster Mary Magambo went from all rosy to sour has apologised for exploding on social media where he literary called his ex-lover a “gold digger”.
Zambia Reports, however, has been informed that Lottie’s apology is as a result of threats and pressure from some Patriotic Front government officials who are currently dating the ZNBC employee.
Lottie’s rantings on his facebook page went viral across online newspapers in Zambia on Saturday night attracting massive discourse both on and off the wire about Magambo’s lifestyle.
In his facebook posting which was accompanied by a private but salacious picture of Magambo, Lottie accused the newscaster of enjoying a string of relationship with footballers, ministers, musicians and bus drivers.
He said; “Let me expose this Mary magambo from ZNBC. She came in my life a year ago and ask[ed] me to marry her. She has two kids, boyfriends, ministers, musicians, businessmen, football[er]s,bus drivers,etc.”
Barely 48 hours following the outburts, Lottie allegedly succumbed to pressure from Magambo’s sympathisers who wanted to press harassment charges against him. A group of PF women were promised that their complaint will receive urgent attention to punish the player for exposing their own.
Lottie’s contract at Zesco United, a quasi government institution, was due to be terminated this week if he didn’t apologise and he later albeit reluctantly claimed his statement was made out of emotions.
“I apologize to Mary Magambo and [the] nation for my statement caused by temper. I retracted [retract] my statement. She is free to live her life. Sorry to all relatives and friends on both parts that got affected. One love Zambia,” a half-hearted apology by the former Mphumalanga Black Aces currently featuring for Zesco United reads.
It is unclear whether Magambo will pursue earlier intentions of defamation against Lottie.
Source: Zambia Reports