- Power outage Paralyzes University Teaching Hospital, Kenneth Kaunda International Airport in LusakaPosted 8 hours ago
- Zambia Suffers Nationwide Power OutagePosted 9 hours ago
- Cabinet approves US$ 14 million loan for water and sanitation development in Western ProvincePosted 24 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu expected in ZimbabwePosted 1 day ago
- Cabinet Approves Bill to repeal the 1994 Companies ActPosted 1 day ago
- Malawian Dies in Xenophobic Attacks, Lilongwe Evacuates 532 Stranded NationalsPosted 1 day ago
- Chishimba Kambwili Dissolves Zambia Daily Mail, Times of Zambia Boards, Fires Managing DirectorsPosted 4 days ago
- 2 Chinese Businessmen and 1 Zambian who allegedly cloned visa cards and unlawfully withdrew money from bank accounts arrestedPosted 4 days ago
- Dora Siliya announces intentions to re-contest Petauke Parliamentary seatPosted 4 days ago
- KCM gives uniforms to Nampundwe rural pre-schoolsPosted 5 days ago
Soured Love: Top Footballer Lottie Phiri Calls ZNBC’s Mary Magambo “Gold Digger”
- Updated: April 7, 2013
ZAMBIAN SOCCER STAR Lottie Phiri has “exposed” his ex-girlfriend Mary Magambo literary describing the ZNBC newscaster as “a gold-digger”.
Lottie, who is on the register of Zesco United, exploded with the revelation on his facebook page on Saturday night.
The gifted left footed winger started dating Magambo when he left Red Arrows to start a professional career in South Africa. Their affair was all rosy until Lottie’s lucrative contract at South Africa’s Mphumalanga Black Aces came to a crashing end in 2012.
The player, who has had occasional national team call ups, decided to return and join Zesco United in Ndola.
But his package at Zesco is only average income that can’t sustain the high earned lifestyle of Magambo, a ‘hot’ middle-aged Zambian woman, who also attracts high ranking government officials.
“Let me expose this Mary magambo from ZNBC,” Lottie, 25, posted on his wall with the picture of Magambo carried here, adding; “she came in my life a year ago and ask[ed] me to marry her. She has two kids, boyfriends, ministers, musicians, businessmen, football[er]s,bus drivers,etc.”
Lottie, seeming pouring out his frustrations, claims he refused to date Magambo although Zambia Reports has established they shared a very close affairs until recently when their relationship crumbled.
“When I said no to her, she start[ed] dating a football[er] from gbfc [Green Buffaloes] thinking she will hurt me,”
The hurting footballer advised unsuspecting men not to date Magambo saying, “to all men out they [there], she is a XXXX like those in bars at night. Mary, I can not marry a girl like u, before I meet you, [you] sent nicked [naked] pictures.”
There is a history of Zambian female media personnel marrying footballers for what observers say are materialist-based unions. Angola-based Felix Katongo, Hichani Himoonde, Noal Chivuta have all married ex-broadcasters.
Source: Zambia Reports