- Michael Chilufya Sata Bridge commissioned in ChiawaPosted 4 hours ago
- Revelations by Chikwanda is a serious national security concern says UPNDPosted 22 hours ago
- Donnie McClurkin concert postponedPosted 23 hours ago
- Lusaka City Council starts delimitation exercise of Constituencies into Ward and Polling Districts in LusakaPosted 1 day ago
- MMD to undergo massive reorganization process says Nevers MumbaPosted 2 days ago
- Daliso Mweene sets up business in her kitchen to share Zambian tastes for the United Kingdom marketPosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests a 30 year old woman for drug traffickingPosted 2 days ago
- Government lifts ban on hunting in 19 hunting blocksPosted 2 days ago
- Zambezi West poll to go aheadPosted 2 days ago
- Ndola girl aged 10 years old, gives birth to a baby boy, recoveringPosted 2 days ago
Soured Love: Top Footballer Lottie Phiri Calls ZNBC’s Mary Magambo “Gold Digger”
- Updated: April 7, 2013
ZAMBIAN SOCCER STAR Lottie Phiri has “exposed” his ex-girlfriend Mary Magambo literary describing the ZNBC newscaster as “a gold-digger”.
Lottie, who is on the register of Zesco United, exploded with the revelation on his facebook page on Saturday night.
The gifted left footed winger started dating Magambo when he left Red Arrows to start a professional career in South Africa. Their affair was all rosy until Lottie’s lucrative contract at South Africa’s Mphumalanga Black Aces came to a crashing end in 2012.
The player, who has had occasional national team call ups, decided to return and join Zesco United in Ndola.
But his package at Zesco is only average income that can’t sustain the high earned lifestyle of Magambo, a ‘hot’ middle-aged Zambian woman, who also attracts high ranking government officials.
“Let me expose this Mary magambo from ZNBC,” Lottie, 25, posted on his wall with the picture of Magambo carried here, adding; “she came in my life a year ago and ask[ed] me to marry her. She has two kids, boyfriends, ministers, musicians, businessmen, football[er]s,bus drivers,etc.”
Lottie, seeming pouring out his frustrations, claims he refused to date Magambo although Zambia Reports has established they shared a very close affairs until recently when their relationship crumbled.
“When I said no to her, she start[ed] dating a football[er] from gbfc [Green Buffaloes] thinking she will hurt me,”
The hurting footballer advised unsuspecting men not to date Magambo saying, “to all men out they [there], she is a XXXX like those in bars at night. Mary, I can not marry a girl like u, before I meet you, [you] sent nicked [naked] pictures.”
There is a history of Zambian female media personnel marrying footballers for what observers say are materialist-based unions. Angola-based Felix Katongo, Hichani Himoonde, Noal Chivuta have all married ex-broadcasters.
Source: Zambia Reports