- President Edgar Lungu appoints Justice Ireen Mambilima as the new Chief JusticePosted 4 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu Returns HomePosted 9 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu holds bilateral talks with Japanese Parliamentary Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs, Takashi UtoPosted 11 hours ago
- Felix Mutati, Muhabi Lungu, Situmbeko Musokotwane and 17 Others Expelled by MMD NECPosted 23 hours ago
- Zambeef Butchery Bonanza Hits ChawamaPosted 23 hours ago
- President Lungu mourns consoles President Sissi of Egypt over death of 30 peoplePosted 23 hours ago
- President Lungu holds bilateral talks with Swedish Prime Minister, Stefan LofvenPosted 24 hours ago
- Energy Regulation Board (ERB) reduces the pump price for low sulphur gasoilPosted 2 days ago
- PMRC urges a financial and management review of parastatalsPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu delivers maiden speech to African Union (AU) SummitPosted 2 days ago
Soured Love: Top Footballer Lottie Phiri Calls ZNBC’s Mary Magambo “Gold Digger”
- Updated: April 7, 2013
ZAMBIAN SOCCER STAR Lottie Phiri has “exposed” his ex-girlfriend Mary Magambo literary describing the ZNBC newscaster as “a gold-digger”.
Lottie, who is on the register of Zesco United, exploded with the revelation on his facebook page on Saturday night.
The gifted left footed winger started dating Magambo when he left Red Arrows to start a professional career in South Africa. Their affair was all rosy until Lottie’s lucrative contract at South Africa’s Mphumalanga Black Aces came to a crashing end in 2012.
The player, who has had occasional national team call ups, decided to return and join Zesco United in Ndola.
But his package at Zesco is only average income that can’t sustain the high earned lifestyle of Magambo, a ‘hot’ middle-aged Zambian woman, who also attracts high ranking government officials.
“Let me expose this Mary magambo from ZNBC,” Lottie, 25, posted on his wall with the picture of Magambo carried here, adding; “she came in my life a year ago and ask[ed] me to marry her. She has two kids, boyfriends, ministers, musicians, businessmen, football[er]s,bus drivers,etc.”
Lottie, seeming pouring out his frustrations, claims he refused to date Magambo although Zambia Reports has established they shared a very close affairs until recently when their relationship crumbled.
“When I said no to her, she start[ed] dating a football[er] from gbfc [Green Buffaloes] thinking she will hurt me,”
The hurting footballer advised unsuspecting men not to date Magambo saying, “to all men out they [there], she is a XXXX like those in bars at night. Mary, I can not marry a girl like u, before I meet you, [you] sent nicked [naked] pictures.”
There is a history of Zambian female media personnel marrying footballers for what observers say are materialist-based unions. Angola-based Felix Katongo, Hichani Himoonde, Noal Chivuta have all married ex-broadcasters.
Source: Zambia Reports