- Suspension of Guy Scott is not only illegal, but is also null and void says PF SG Bridget AtangaPosted 5 hours ago
- ECZ sets December 17, 18 and 19, 2014 as nomination dates for the 20th January,2015 presidential by electionPosted 2 days ago
- Late President Sata’s widow Dr Christine Kaseba has filed in her nomination to contest for the PF PresidencyPosted 2 days ago
- Edgar Lungu Successfully Files as PF Presidential CandidatePosted 2 days ago
- “Suspension” of Nevers Mumba Total Madness says Raphael NakacindaPosted 2 days ago
- 20th of January 2015 set as poll day in presidential by-electionPosted 3 days ago
- Mulenga Sata joins the race for the PF presidency and donates K40, 000 for general conventionPosted 3 days ago
- Zimbabwean national sentenced to 6 years imprisonment for unlawful possession of government trophyPosted 3 days ago
- Tanzanian national and Zambian arrested for trafficking in over 600 bundles of miraaPosted 3 days ago
- Adopt Nevers Mumba or MMD dies says Bowman LusamboPosted 3 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.