- Ivory Coast Appoint Herve Renard as new coachPosted 14 hours ago
- Air Namibia relocates operations to LusakaPosted 15 hours ago
- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,”-Dedication to Ya’llPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka Fast Track court on Traffic offences convicts 44 motorists for various traffic offencesPosted 2 days ago
- President Michael Sata swears in Attorney General Musa Mwenye and Solicitor General Abraham MwansaPosted 2 days ago
- Luapula Province Permanent Secretary Kasolo hails $200million road worksPosted 3 days ago
- Nevers Mumba says MMD will bring a new style of politics in ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries charged with indecent assaultPosted 3 days ago
- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 5 days ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 7 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.