- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 2 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 2 days ago
- DEC in Eastern Province has arrests six peasant farmers in Chief Chinunda’s area for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plantsPosted 3 days ago
- 22 year old female Israeli national arrested for trafficking in cannabisPosted 3 days ago
- Continent’s energy and water leaders join forces to discuss challenges and celebrate successes at annual African Utility Week in Cape Town in MayPosted 3 days ago
- Cost of living goes up says JCTRPosted 3 days ago
- Eight people die on the spot in a bus and truck head on collision in PembaPosted 3 days ago
- 9 months old baby dies in an inferno in Lusaka, police sayPosted 3 days ago
- Fastjet to introduce a third flight from Dar es Salaam to LusakaPosted 4 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.