- British national fined K10, 000 for unlawful stayPosted 4 days ago
- PF wants constitution that suits them only charges UPNDPosted 4 days ago
- PF government is abusing its workforce says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 4 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Inonge Wina as PF Vice PresidentPosted 5 days ago
- Oasis Forum rejects enactment of the new constitution in a piecemeal mannerPosted 5 days ago
- DNA Equipment Commissioned by GovernmentPosted 5 days ago
- ZAWA nabs Three for Illegal possession of game meatPosted 5 days ago
- Zambian Breweries Rewards top-selling Castle lager distributors with a five-day football trip to SpainPosted 5 days ago
- PF Bangweulu MP Chifita Matafwali Dies in IndiaPosted 6 days ago
- Pastor jailed 20 years for raping teen, taken for prayers to himPosted 6 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.