- Latest Vacancy: Administrative Assistant at the Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 20 hours ago
- Latest Vacancy- Programme Coordinator -Adolescent Girls Initiative at the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) ZambiaPosted 20 hours ago
- President Sata goes for medical check- up abroad says State HousePosted 3 days ago
- Three people arrested by Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka for trafficking in more than 300 kg of cannabisPosted 6 days ago
- Japan gives Zambia K10 m for expanding cold chainPosted 1 week ago
- Man, 26, commits suicide by hanging himself in Muchinga ProvincePosted 1 week ago
- European Union Ambassador Gilles Hervio meets ShamendaPosted 1 week ago
- Latest Vacancy: Information Specialist at US Embassy in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 1 week ago
- DEC arrests Lusaka businessman for drug traffickingPosted 1 week ago
- Resa and Mira fall firstPosted 1 week ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.