- APPCON Inspires Southern African ParliamentariansPosted 3 hours ago
- MTN launches WhatsApp based Customer ServicePosted 3 hours ago
- Fuel Tanker Blaze Sparks Call for ActionPosted 3 hours ago
- DEC arrests two accountants who stole K350,000 cashPosted 8 hours ago
- President Lungu Names New MinistersPosted 8 hours ago
- CCMG urges political parties to encourage their members to register as votersPosted 2 days ago
- RTSA orders for the revocation of a drivers licence for a Lusaka driver for dangerous drivingPosted 2 days ago
- Cyclist Allen Namukamba rides from Siavonga to Chipata for Climate JusticePosted 3 days ago
- Konkola Copper Mine cuts 148 jobsPosted 5 days ago
- UPND is not against the call for the national day of fasting and prayer says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 5 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.