- Collaborate with Government and business entities, Chitotela urges youthsPosted 1 day ago
- KCM is not closing Nchanga Underground minePosted 1 day ago
- Engaging the youth through sportPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia face Ivory Coast in a must-win CAF U23 Cup qualifierPosted 1 day ago
- Patrick Mucheleka loses his Parliamentary seatPosted 2 days ago
- Fired!, Kwisa, I still have my job says Davies ChamaPosted 2 days ago
- Sad day for media fraternity as ZNBC’s Queen Chungu Malama diesPosted 2 days ago
- FODEP Requests Kasama, Solwezi By Elections to held on the Same DatePosted 2 days ago
- Women for Change happy with the commitment towards endings child marriages by the MPsPosted 2 days ago
- Speaker is Right on GBM says Chilufya TayaliPosted 2 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.