- Lusaka businessman arrested for trafficking in cocainePosted 22 hours ago
- Luangwa bus accident report outPosted 22 hours ago
- Sata is Nairobi Bound, says Mumbi PhiriPosted 23 hours ago
- Emulate Nelson Mandela, Sata urges Zambian youthsPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata declares Seven- day national mourning for MandelaPosted 1 day ago
- Zambeef impresses COMESAPosted 3 days ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda mourns MandelaPosted 3 days ago
- Four motorists cheat death in LusakaPosted 3 days ago
- Court officers arrested for stealing drugsPosted 3 days ago
- Sata joins other Heads of State in mourning MandelaPosted 3 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.