- 1,028 people die from 16,000 RTAs this year alone says RTSAPosted 15 hours ago
- Zambeef e18hteam football frenzy lands on Choma and LivingstonePosted 16 hours ago
- Stanbic and PEP Zambia sign funding MoUPosted 16 hours ago
- Rupiah Banda was a shameless “Sangwapo” President claims Copperbelt MMDPosted 19 hours ago
- Before you judge me, first judge yourself says DambisaPosted 2 days ago
- Government will waste $1 billion dollars on Zamtel says Nevers MumbaPosted 2 days ago
- TIZ condemns the continued release and pardoning of convicted former ministers from prisonPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu’s 18 months term of office will include major successes says PFPosted 2 days ago
- New co-working Hub Betaspace provides a different model of working for ZambiansPosted 2 days ago
- PF should stop complaining about the attacks on their competence says Elias ChipimoPosted 3 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.