- Daddy who killed his four year old son sentenced to 15 years in prisonPosted 1 day ago
- NGOCC disappointed the process to enact the new constitutionPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu deserves support from all Zambians, says Bowman LusamboPosted 2 days ago
- Child marriage is a violation of children’s rights, says President LunguPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu has no solutions to the Zambia’s economic problems, says FDDPosted 3 days ago
- GBV is both a health and a human rights concern, says Lucy JoycePosted 3 days ago
- 21 year old woman arrested for allegedly defiling a 15 year old boy in NakondePosted 3 days ago
- Zambian Actor Brings Hollywood to ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests five people for money launderingPosted 3 days ago
- 162 cases of child sexual abuse survivors recorded at UTH in the month of OctoberPosted 3 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.