- DEC arrests peasant farmer for trafficking in loose cannabis weighing 13.7 kgPosted 6 hours ago
- Zambia appeals for human capital infrastructure support for newly constructed universitiesPosted 7 hours ago
- ZAWA takes over MundawangaPosted 8 hours ago
- Emirates and Angola announce strategic airline partnership in respect of TAAG Linhas Aéreas De AngolaPosted 8 hours ago
- Banks must provide safe and secure transactions for businesses says Paul RichardsPosted 2 days ago
- Steven Masumba sentenced to 12 months imprisonmentPosted 2 days ago
- ZAMBEEF bosses, Francis Grogan and Carl Irwin renew partnershipPosted 2 days ago
- Leaders should be listening to artistes says Rupiah BandaPosted 3 days ago
- President Sata arrives back home from New YorkPosted 3 days ago
- President Sata leaves New York amid reports of ill healthPosted 4 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.