- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 22 hours ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 1 day ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 1 day ago
- Government cancels the registration Miles Sampa’s Democratic Front partyPosted 2 days ago
- Dotcom Zambia Breakfast club presents Dr Dennis MwansaPosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests a Lusaka businessman for money laundering involving K87, 600Posted 2 days ago
- RTSA and State Police to continue working together in enforcing traffic lawsPosted 2 days ago
- The time has come to stand up for change, says Andyford Mayele BandaPosted 2 days ago
- Wimpy & Mike’s Kitchen Restaurants For Sale at Arcades Mall in LusakaPosted 3 days ago
- Zee World Celebrates its 1st AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.