- Woman aged 23 arrested for having sex with a boy aged 15 at a guesthouse in ChipataPosted 6 hours ago
- Zambia and Zimbabwe mobilise $280m for Kariba dam repairsPosted 12 hours ago
- Magistrates Court fines 10 people over Mukula treePosted 16 hours ago
- New mining act to Enhance Value addition, Employment says Minister YalumaPosted 17 hours ago
- No Zambian died in TB Joshua’s collapsed building says Harry KalabaPosted 17 hours ago
- 12,500 primary school pupils got pregnant in Zambia in 2013 says John PhiriPosted 18 hours ago
- Dangote welcomes Zambian Minister of Labour report to ACC on malicious bribery allegationsPosted 1 day ago
- One KCM miner dies in accidentPosted 1 day ago
- Crocodile attack a seven year old girl in Livingstone saddens ZAWAPosted 1 day ago
- Gary Nkombo denies plotting against HHPosted 1 day ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.