- Zambians Mourn Dr. MandaPosted 18 hours ago
- Beer Price Cut Boosts Zambian Breweries OutputPosted 2 days ago
- ZESCO is a conduit to syphon money-UPNDPosted 2 days ago
- My Husband is a Womaniser, He is addicted to Women claims Lusaka WomanPosted 2 days ago
- Chama’s tribal remarks have blessings of President Lungu-NalumangoPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka City Council wins back former UBZ landPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu thanks voters in Malambo, Petauke and Mulobezi constituenciesPosted 3 days ago
- Attend sessions,Court urges Kabimba, M’membePosted 3 days ago
- UPND as a party is growing and is on course-Hakainde HichilemaPosted 3 days ago
- Pilato says ZESCO is a disgrace over power cutsPosted 3 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.