- Probe Hakainde Hichilema, President Edgar Lungu directs Zambia Police ServicePosted 34 mins ago
- $14.5 million made from Lusaka Emeralds AuctionPosted 44 mins ago
- ZAMBEEF value chain savings passed on to consumersPosted 4 days ago
- United States Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz visits Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)Posted 4 days ago
- PMRC calls for extensive review of SI No 63 on the increment of the retirement age in ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests Lusaka man for trafficking in cocainePosted 5 days ago
- ZAMBEEF had a turnover of US$279 million in 2014Posted 5 days ago
- Proflight plane tickets now available at ShopritePosted 5 days ago
- Nepotism is rife in the Zambian Civil Service says President Edgar LunguPosted 6 days ago
- Anti- Corruption Commission arrests ZRA officer for corrupt practicesPosted 6 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.