- Proflight offers discounted fares for studentsPosted 2 hours ago
- Latest Vacancy: Business Development and Marketing Officer at Mwebantu New MediaPosted 3 hours ago
- Mangango polls openPosted 1 day ago
- Do not eat game meat from unauthorised vendors, ZAWA warns publicPosted 2 days ago
- 16 year old boy attempts to rape 82 year old woman in MbalaPosted 2 days ago
- Kalabo court sentences woman to six months imprisonment for unlawful possession of bush meatPosted 4 days ago
- Zambia and Argentina embark on strengthening cooperationPosted 4 days ago
- Chipolopolo regroups for Sudan encounterPosted 4 days ago
- Former Mozambique President Chisano expected in ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- BancABC and African Life partner to deploy life assurance across ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.