- Sichilongo assault case adjourned to September, 17th, 2014 for continued trialPosted 13 hours ago
- MTN Zambia says mobile banking is the key for the delivery of financial services in ZambiaPosted 14 hours ago
- Support government’s 2030 agenda, President Sata urges Zambians in diasporaPosted 14 hours ago
- Wynter Kabimba Free to Join UPND, says Cornelius MweetwaPosted 14 hours ago
- Chanda Mfula resigns as Media and Publicity Director of the Patriotic FrontPosted 3 days ago
- Kabimba hurt a lot of people says Davies ChamaPosted 3 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia Partners with Zoona to create a payment platform for online shoppingPosted 3 days ago
- State House counsels Brig. Gen. MiyandaPosted 3 days ago
- RTSA caution all road users against lawlessness during Kulamba and Likumbi Lya Mize traditional ceremoniesPosted 4 days ago
- Proflight halves its fares for kidsPosted 4 days ago
ZRA Officer Arrested For Corrupt Practices
- Updated: March 21, 2013
THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested an Assistant Inspector at Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) for one count of corrupt practices by Public Officer involving KR 40,000.00.
This is according to a press statement by the ACC Acting Spokesperson Queen Chibwe made available to Mwebantu New Media.
She said “Regina Katongo, 42, an Assistant Inspector at ZRA, and of house number, 1 Masa Rd, Libala Stage 4 B, Lusaka, has been arrested for one count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with Section 41 of the Ant-corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.”
Particulars are that Regina Katongo solicited KR40, 000.00 and received KR 10,000.00 cash gratification from Mabel Muyoba, a Director of Ibex Hill School Limited, as an inducement to reduce the amount of tax due to Ibex Hill School Limited to Zambia Revenue Authority from K975, 408,030.00 to K339, 927,209.00.
She was released on bond upon satisfying the conditions, which were two (2) working sureties. She will appear in court on 27th March, 2013.