- Edgar Lungu holds rally in KabwePosted 1 day ago
- Cosmo Mumba withdraws from presidential racePosted 1 day ago
- Nevers Mumba files in presidential nomination paperPosted 2 days ago
- Edgar Lungu files inPosted 2 days ago
- Cabinet asks Dr. Guy Scott to resignPosted 5 days ago
- Guy Scott refuses to resignPosted 5 days ago
- Rupiah Banda receives a thunderous welcome in KasamaPosted 1 week ago
- MMD Shall Unite and Prevail says Rupiah BandaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Edgar Lungu meets with President Robert MugabePosted 2 weeks ago
- Zambian Amethysts create 100 good deeds braceletPosted 2 weeks ago
DEC Arrest “Dandy Crazy” For Drug Trafficking
- Updated: March 7, 2013
THE Drug Enforcement Commission on the Copperbelt has arrested a popular music artist of Kitwe for trafficking in cannabis.
This is according to a press statement by Drug Enforcement Commission,Public Relations Officer, Samuel Silomba.
Mr. Silomba disclosed that “Moses Wesley Chibamba, 36, popularly known as ‘Dandy Crazy’ a musician residing at house No. 4817 Ndeke village, Kitwe, had been arrested for trafficking in 14g of cannabis concealed in the pocket of his trousers and also in the compartment of his unregistered Toyota Progress which had since been seized by the Commission. The suspect was apprehended in Luanshya, on the Copperbelt Province.”
Meanwhile the Commission in Lusaka has arrested a 26 year-old Zimbabwean woman for trafficking in ephedrine.
He said that Yvonne Chada, 26, of House No. 205 Tamboti Denvil Johannesburg, South Africa had been arrested for trafficking in 10.2kg of ephedrine. The suspect was intercepted at Kenneth Kaunda Airport on arrival from India en-route to South Africa.
And in the last five (05) days the Commission has arrested more than 40 people countrywide for trafficking in illicit drugs.
“All suspects will appear in court soon.” He said.