- The Rotaract Club of Lusaka Presents: The Annual Anti-Valentines GigPosted 1 day ago
- Teenage girl commits suicide after getting pregnantPosted 1 day ago
- Those calling for an MMD convention are being insincere, says Nevers MumbaPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia is not broke says Christopher MvungaPosted 1 day ago
- Kabwata flats come alive with HuaweiPosted 1 day ago
- Ghana and Zimbabwe students scoop top honours at DStv Eutelsat Star AwardsPosted 1 day ago
- Young Woman Raped and Killed in MufuliraPosted 2 days ago
- Kasama resident wins K25,000 in SMS LotteryPosted 2 days ago
- PAC to work with banks to empower women, Says Rosaline ChipashaPosted 2 days ago
- Minnie Dlamini, IK, Announced as Hosts for 2016 AMVCAsPosted 2 days ago
DEC Arrest “Dandy Crazy” For Drug Trafficking
- Updated: March 7, 2013
THE Drug Enforcement Commission on the Copperbelt has arrested a popular music artist of Kitwe for trafficking in cannabis.
This is according to a press statement by Drug Enforcement Commission,Public Relations Officer, Samuel Silomba.
Mr. Silomba disclosed that “Moses Wesley Chibamba, 36, popularly known as ‘Dandy Crazy’ a musician residing at house No. 4817 Ndeke village, Kitwe, had been arrested for trafficking in 14g of cannabis concealed in the pocket of his trousers and also in the compartment of his unregistered Toyota Progress which had since been seized by the Commission. The suspect was apprehended in Luanshya, on the Copperbelt Province.”
Meanwhile the Commission in Lusaka has arrested a 26 year-old Zimbabwean woman for trafficking in ephedrine.
He said that Yvonne Chada, 26, of House No. 205 Tamboti Denvil Johannesburg, South Africa had been arrested for trafficking in 10.2kg of ephedrine. The suspect was intercepted at Kenneth Kaunda Airport on arrival from India en-route to South Africa.
And in the last five (05) days the Commission has arrested more than 40 people countrywide for trafficking in illicit drugs.
“All suspects will appear in court soon.” He said.