- Lusaka businessman arrested for trafficking in cocainePosted 2 days ago
- Luangwa bus accident report outPosted 2 days ago
- Sata is Nairobi Bound, says Mumbi PhiriPosted 2 days ago
- Emulate Nelson Mandela, Sata urges Zambian youthsPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata declares Seven- day national mourning for MandelaPosted 2 days ago
- Zambeef impresses COMESAPosted 4 days ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda mourns MandelaPosted 4 days ago
- Four motorists cheat death in LusakaPosted 4 days ago
- Court officers arrested for stealing drugsPosted 4 days ago
- Sata joins other Heads of State in mourning MandelaPosted 4 days ago
DEC Arrest “Dandy Crazy” For Drug Trafficking
- Updated: March 7, 2013
THE Drug Enforcement Commission on the Copperbelt has arrested a popular music artist of Kitwe for trafficking in cannabis.
This is according to a press statement by Drug Enforcement Commission,Public Relations Officer, Samuel Silomba.
Mr. Silomba disclosed that “Moses Wesley Chibamba, 36, popularly known as ‘Dandy Crazy’ a musician residing at house No. 4817 Ndeke village, Kitwe, had been arrested for trafficking in 14g of cannabis concealed in the pocket of his trousers and also in the compartment of his unregistered Toyota Progress which had since been seized by the Commission. The suspect was apprehended in Luanshya, on the Copperbelt Province.”
Meanwhile the Commission in Lusaka has arrested a 26 year-old Zimbabwean woman for trafficking in ephedrine.
He said that Yvonne Chada, 26, of House No. 205 Tamboti Denvil Johannesburg, South Africa had been arrested for trafficking in 10.2kg of ephedrine. The suspect was intercepted at Kenneth Kaunda Airport on arrival from India en-route to South Africa.
And in the last five (05) days the Commission has arrested more than 40 people countrywide for trafficking in illicit drugs.
“All suspects will appear in court soon.” He said.