- ZPPA director testifies in Masebo TribunalPosted 1 day ago
- Immigration Department Arrests 56 Zimbabwean women, 3 Egyptian carpet tradersPosted 4 days ago
- The International Women’s Club Donates K 263,000 to 29 organisations in ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- Police disperse Luvales in Zambezi protesting over education curriculumPosted 4 days ago
- UK hails Kaseba for her role in girls and women’s welfarePosted 4 days ago
- Headman impregnates daughterPosted 4 days ago
- Zambia records K283 million trade surplusPosted 2 weeks ago
- Parliament ratifies two Supreme Court Judges and Five High Court JudgesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Kwacha fails to recover before February endsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Opposition MPs’ conduct is disorderly and not permitted by our Constitution says SpeakerPosted 2 weeks ago
DEC Arrest “Dandy Crazy” For Drug Trafficking
- Updated: March 7, 2013
THE Drug Enforcement Commission on the Copperbelt has arrested a popular music artist of Kitwe for trafficking in cannabis.
This is according to a press statement by Drug Enforcement Commission,Public Relations Officer, Samuel Silomba.
Mr. Silomba disclosed that “Moses Wesley Chibamba, 36, popularly known as ‘Dandy Crazy’ a musician residing at house No. 4817 Ndeke village, Kitwe, had been arrested for trafficking in 14g of cannabis concealed in the pocket of his trousers and also in the compartment of his unregistered Toyota Progress which had since been seized by the Commission. The suspect was apprehended in Luanshya, on the Copperbelt Province.”
Meanwhile the Commission in Lusaka has arrested a 26 year-old Zimbabwean woman for trafficking in ephedrine.
He said that Yvonne Chada, 26, of House No. 205 Tamboti Denvil Johannesburg, South Africa had been arrested for trafficking in 10.2kg of ephedrine. The suspect was intercepted at Kenneth Kaunda Airport on arrival from India en-route to South Africa.
And in the last five (05) days the Commission has arrested more than 40 people countrywide for trafficking in illicit drugs.
“All suspects will appear in court soon.” He said.