- APPCON Inspires Southern African ParliamentariansPosted 3 hours ago
- MTN launches WhatsApp based Customer ServicePosted 3 hours ago
- Fuel Tanker Blaze Sparks Call for ActionPosted 3 hours ago
- DEC arrests two accountants who stole K350,000 cashPosted 8 hours ago
- President Lungu Names New MinistersPosted 8 hours ago
- CCMG urges political parties to encourage their members to register as votersPosted 2 days ago
- RTSA orders for the revocation of a drivers licence for a Lusaka driver for dangerous drivingPosted 2 days ago
- Cyclist Allen Namukamba rides from Siavonga to Chipata for Climate JusticePosted 3 days ago
- Konkola Copper Mine cuts 148 jobsPosted 5 days ago
- UPND is not against the call for the national day of fasting and prayer says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 5 days ago
DEC Arrest “Dandy Crazy” For Drug Trafficking
- Updated: March 7, 2013
THE Drug Enforcement Commission on the Copperbelt has arrested a popular music artist of Kitwe for trafficking in cannabis.
This is according to a press statement by Drug Enforcement Commission,Public Relations Officer, Samuel Silomba.
Mr. Silomba disclosed that “Moses Wesley Chibamba, 36, popularly known as ‘Dandy Crazy’ a musician residing at house No. 4817 Ndeke village, Kitwe, had been arrested for trafficking in 14g of cannabis concealed in the pocket of his trousers and also in the compartment of his unregistered Toyota Progress which had since been seized by the Commission. The suspect was apprehended in Luanshya, on the Copperbelt Province.”
Meanwhile the Commission in Lusaka has arrested a 26 year-old Zimbabwean woman for trafficking in ephedrine.
He said that Yvonne Chada, 26, of House No. 205 Tamboti Denvil Johannesburg, South Africa had been arrested for trafficking in 10.2kg of ephedrine. The suspect was intercepted at Kenneth Kaunda Airport on arrival from India en-route to South Africa.
And in the last five (05) days the Commission has arrested more than 40 people countrywide for trafficking in illicit drugs.
“All suspects will appear in court soon.” He said.