- Lusaka businessman arrested for trafficking in cocainePosted 1 day ago
- Luangwa bus accident report outPosted 1 day ago
- Sata is Nairobi Bound, says Mumbi PhiriPosted 1 day ago
- Emulate Nelson Mandela, Sata urges Zambian youthsPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata declares Seven- day national mourning for MandelaPosted 1 day ago
- Zambeef impresses COMESAPosted 3 days ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda mourns MandelaPosted 3 days ago
- Four motorists cheat death in LusakaPosted 3 days ago
- Court officers arrested for stealing drugsPosted 3 days ago
- Sata joins other Heads of State in mourning MandelaPosted 3 days ago
Zambia National Service Changes Its Uniform To Camouflage
- Updated: March 3, 2013
THE Zambia National Service (ZNS) has charged its uniform from green to camouflage
Defense Minister Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba officially commissioned the new ZNS uniform at the pass out parade of intake 21 of ZNS in Kabwe where over 400 ZNS recruits graduated.
An ACT of Parliament created the Zambia National Service in 1971. The first commandant was Lt Colonel Charles Nyirenda , seconded from the Zambia Army. The programme was borne from the need to instill discipline among the youths in the Country.