- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 4 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 4 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 5 days ago
- DEC in Eastern Province has arrests six peasant farmers in Chief Chinunda’s area for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plantsPosted 5 days ago
- 22 year old female Israeli national arrested for trafficking in cannabisPosted 5 days ago
- Continent’s energy and water leaders join forces to discuss challenges and celebrate successes at annual African Utility Week in Cape Town in MayPosted 5 days ago
- Cost of living goes up says JCTRPosted 6 days ago
- Eight people die on the spot in a bus and truck head on collision in PembaPosted 6 days ago
- 9 months old baby dies in an inferno in Lusaka, police sayPosted 6 days ago
- Fastjet to introduce a third flight from Dar es Salaam to LusakaPosted 6 days ago
Zambia National Service Changes Its Uniform To Camouflage
- Updated: March 3, 2013
THE Zambia National Service (ZNS) has charged its uniform from green to camouflage
Defense Minister Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba officially commissioned the new ZNS uniform at the pass out parade of intake 21 of ZNS in Kabwe where over 400 ZNS recruits graduated.
An ACT of Parliament created the Zambia National Service in 1971. The first commandant was Lt Colonel Charles Nyirenda , seconded from the Zambia Army. The programme was borne from the need to instill discipline among the youths in the Country.