- A Southern Africa President to be attacked says T.B JoshuaPosted 1 hour ago
- Post Newspapers is a stupid tabloid publication claims Chishimba KambwiliPosted 2 hours ago
- Sata swears in Malila, Kaoma as Supreme Court JudgesPosted 6 hours ago
- Sichilongo assault case adjourned to September, 17th, 2014 for continued trialPosted 23 hours ago
- MTN Zambia says mobile banking is the key for the delivery of financial services in ZambiaPosted 23 hours ago
- Support government’s 2030 agenda, President Sata urges Zambians in diasporaPosted 23 hours ago
- Wynter Kabimba Free to Join UPND, says Cornelius MweetwaPosted 24 hours ago
- Chanda Mfula resigns as Media and Publicity Director of the Patriotic FrontPosted 3 days ago
- Kabimba hurt a lot of people says Davies ChamaPosted 3 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia Partners with Zoona to create a payment platform for online shoppingPosted 3 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.