- Doctors threaten to strike over unpaid allowancesPosted 53 mins ago
- KCM has not cut jobs says CEO Steven DinPosted 1 hour ago
- Misty CEO thanks Stanbic bank for Sponsoring the Jazz FestivalPosted 19 hours ago
- The 2nd Annual Stanbic Jazz Festival to feature Earl Klugh, Oliver Mutukudzi, MicasaPosted 1 day ago
- I want to be MMD vice president says Bowman LusamboPosted 1 day ago
- President Edgar Lungu is Innocent says Chilufya TayaliPosted 1 day ago
- 284 Trapped Mopani Miners RescuedPosted 1 day ago
- Angela Nyirenda Launches New Album and Nationwide TourPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu makes changes at Permanent Secretary levelPosted 2 days ago
- Supersport signs deal with FAZ to broadcast the Zambian Premier league for another 5 yearsPosted 2 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.