- Child marriage is a violation of children’s rights, says President LunguPosted 4 hours ago
- President Lungu has no solutions to the Zambia’s economic problems, says FDDPosted 10 hours ago
- GBV is both a health and a human rights concern, says Lucy JoycePosted 12 hours ago
- 21 year old woman arrested for allegedly defiling a 15 year old boy in NakondePosted 12 hours ago
- Zambian Actor Brings Hollywood to ZambiaPosted 12 hours ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests five people for money launderingPosted 1 day ago
- 162 cases of child sexual abuse survivors recorded at UTH in the month of OctoberPosted 1 day ago
- RTSA convicts over 300 motorists for various road traffic offencesPosted 1 day ago
- KCM closes Nchanga Underground Mine, 2500 people to lose jobsPosted 1 day ago
- The sluggish world economy has affected the Kwacha says Chinese AmbassadorPosted 1 day ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.