- President Michael Sata arrives in New YorkPosted 12 hours ago
- Kaputa road accident claims four livesPosted 1 day ago
- Chinese investment in Zambia hits over US$2bn says EnvoyPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata expected in New York for UN AssemblyPosted 1 day ago
- Dedication earns 22 year old Zambian commercial pilot licencePosted 1 day ago
- Reaction To The Opening Of Parliament by MMD President Nevers MumbaPosted 1 day ago
- Speech for President Sata at the opening of the fourth session of the eleventh National AssemblyPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata opens fourth session of the eleventh National AssemblyPosted 2 days ago
- Airports Company of South Africa keen to partner with ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Eric T. Schultz named new United States Ambassador to ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.