- Jubilee celebrations end tragically with suspected drowning of 21 pupils in ChomaPosted 15 hours ago
- Acting Republican President Lungu leads in celebrating golden jubileePosted 15 hours ago
- USA toasts Zambia’s Golden JubileePosted 16 hours ago
- Latest Vacancy: Country Legal Manager at BancABC ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Latest Vacancy: Administrative Assistant at the Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Latest Vacancy- Programme Coordinator -Adolescent Girls Initiative at the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- President Sata goes for medical check- up abroad says State HousePosted 5 days ago
- Three people arrested by Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka for trafficking in more than 300 kg of cannabisPosted 1 week ago
- Japan gives Zambia K10 m for expanding cold chainPosted 1 week ago
- Man, 26, commits suicide by hanging himself in Muchinga ProvincePosted 1 week ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.