- President Edgar Lungu directs changes to 2015 Mineral Royalty TaxPosted 3 days ago
- Proflight Zambia reintroduces its popular 50-seater CRJ-100 aircraft on domestic routes in ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- President Lungu Mourns Willie NsandaPosted 4 days ago
- RDA fires Bernand Chiwala as Chief Executive OfficerPosted 5 days ago
- DEC arrests 30 people for unlawful cultivation and trafficking in various quantities of cannabisPosted 5 days ago
- Willie Nsanda; the Businessman, the Politician and the OrganiserPosted 5 days ago
- Japan gives USD 1.5 million to refugee and local integration programmes in ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- Willie Nsanda Dies at Milpark Hospital in JohannesburgPosted 5 days ago
- Swedish Health Care Delegation Visit to ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- Government starts to build 26 blocks of hostels at the University of Zambia at a cost of K 513 millionPosted 5 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.