- Nevers Mumba maintains MMD NEC meeting is set for month endPosted 10 hours ago
- We will continue yapping to demand for the release of the draft constitution says Fr. Leonard ChitiPosted 11 hours ago
- Police launch manhunt for bandits who snatched K541,736.00 cash in LuanshyaPosted 14 hours ago
- Unsafe Abortions in Zambia worry GovernmentPosted 15 hours ago
- 35 people killed in Easter weekend accidentsPosted 15 hours ago
- Dora and her team should leave MMD says Bowman LusamboPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata mourns Dennis LiwewePosted 1 day ago
- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 7 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 7 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 1 week ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.