- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 4 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 4 days ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 5 days ago
- 12,657 candidates pass GCE examsPosted 5 days ago
- Grand Coalition expels Young African Leaders’ Initiative (YALI)Posted 5 days ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries arrested for allegedly having sex with nine young girls from his churchPosted 6 days ago
- Minister Kambwili visits Kazimu Sata in HospitalPosted 6 days ago
- Colonel Kaunda hails KCM support to railway link faceliftPosted 6 days ago
- Demand by Members of Parliament for a further salary hike is unfortunate says Choma residentPosted 6 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.