- Proflight Zambia Premieres Latest Fly5 Music VideoPosted 1 day ago
- Hakainde Hichilema describes Xenophobic Attacks in South Africa as unfortunatePosted 1 day ago
- Chikwanda in Washington DC for the 2015 IMF/ World Bank Spring MeetingsPosted 1 day ago
- YALI urges government to consider evacuating Zambians from South AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu calls President Mugabe over Xenophobic attacks in South AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia Police cancels “Black Friday Protest”Posted 2 days ago
- Chingola Pastor arrested for allegedly murdering his eight-month pregnant wifePosted 2 days ago
- Vice President Inonge Wina to visit Agritech Expo in Chisamba on FridayPosted 2 days ago
- Swedish Students Hail Zambia as a Land of Peace, Security and Democracy In AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- The 2015 National Budget is a Disaster Claims ZCSDPosted 2 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.