- PF government is abusing its workforce says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 59 mins ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Inonge Wina as PF Vice PresidentPosted 20 hours ago
- Oasis Forum rejects enactment of the new constitution in a piecemeal mannerPosted 23 hours ago
- DNA Equipment Commissioned by GovernmentPosted 24 hours ago
- ZAWA nabs Three for Illegal possession of game meatPosted 1 day ago
- Zambian Breweries Rewards top-selling Castle lager distributors with a five-day football trip to SpainPosted 1 day ago
- PF Bangweulu MP Chifita Matafwali Dies in IndiaPosted 2 days ago
- Pastor jailed 20 years for raping teen, taken for prayers to himPosted 2 days ago
- Dotcom Zambia Launches Online Bus Ticket SystemPosted 2 days ago
- 40% of Zambian children under 5 stunted says Chief MwansakombePosted 2 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.