- President Edgar Lungu thanks voters in Malambo, Petauke and Mulobezi constituenciesPosted 4 hours ago
- Attend sessions,Court urges Kabimba, M’membePosted 9 hours ago
- UPND as a party is growing and is on course-Hakainde HichilemaPosted 9 hours ago
- Pilato says ZESCO is a disgrace over power cutsPosted 10 hours ago
- PF has resorted to using guns against defenseless citizens-UPNDPosted 10 hours ago
- Police arrest 19 UPND cadres in MulobeziPosted 1 day ago
- Voting going on peacefully in Mulobezi, Malambo and PetaukePosted 1 day ago
- Nawakwi’s statement is fill distortions and malice-PFPosted 2 days ago
- Building of transit homes is a sign of misplaced priorities-MMDPosted 2 days ago
- Term of the Presidency is tied to the life of Parliament-Peter SinkambaPosted 2 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.