- United States congratulates Zambia for upholding democracyPosted 15 hours ago
- More work needs to be done for Southerners to feel part of Zambia says Dora SiliyaPosted 18 hours ago
- Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) Plc sponsors 15 students to study in South AfricaPosted 18 hours ago
- Inonge Wina Appointment as Vice President of Zambia Elates NGOCCPosted 18 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu appoints the most balanced cabinet line ups in recent timesPosted 20 hours ago
- Edgar Lungu appoints Inonge Wina as Zambia’s First Female Vice-PresidentPosted 20 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema claims 2015 Presidential election has been stolen from himPosted 3 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema closes In, but Edgar Lungu is still in the leadPosted 4 days ago
- Edgar Lungu still leading in Zambia Presidential ElectionPosted 5 days ago
- ECZ Suspends Release of Updated Results in the Zambia Presidential ElectionPosted 6 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.