- Patrick Mucheleka loses his Parliamentary seatPosted 9 hours ago
- Fired!, Kwisa, I still have my job says Davies ChamaPosted 10 hours ago
- Sad day for media fraternity as ZNBC’s Queen Chungu Malama diesPosted 10 hours ago
- FODEP Requests Kasama, Solwezi By Elections to held on the Same DatePosted 15 hours ago
- Women for Change happy with the commitment towards endings child marriages by the MPsPosted 15 hours ago
- Speaker is Right on GBM says Chilufya TayaliPosted 15 hours ago
- The mounting debt under the PF government is worrying says JCTRPosted 1 day ago
- Entrepreneurs hold key to Economic Development, says Margaret MwanakatwePosted 2 days ago
- Zambia’s Health Sector to get an injection of US$ 5 million dollars from MatterPosted 2 days ago
- Probe Speaker Matibini, Over GBM cries YALIPosted 2 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.