- Young Woman Raped and Killed in MufuliraPosted 6 hours ago
- Kasama resident wins K25,000 in SMS LotteryPosted 6 hours ago
- PAC to work with banks to empower women, Says Rosaline ChipashaPosted 6 hours ago
- Minnie Dlamini, IK, Announced as Hosts for 2016 AMVCAsPosted 8 hours ago
- Government partners with mining houses to devise consistent sector policiesPosted 9 hours ago
- ZCCM-IH Announces Ambitious Diversification PlanPosted 1 day ago
- Supreme Court throws out Mutembo’s Petition to Stop TribunalPosted 1 day ago
- RTSA normalizes the printing of Drivers Licence CardsPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka High Court stays the decision to deregister Miles Sampa’s Democratic FrontPosted 1 day ago
- Four people die in Kabwe Road Traffic AccidentPosted 2 days ago
Kambwili comes to the defense of Given Lubinda
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Ruling Patriotic Front (PF) national youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili has described as shameful and disrespectful the action to petition Kabwata constituency Given Lubinda by some PF members.
Mr Kambwili said Mr Lubinda was too senior a party member for the youths to have petitioned without following laid down party procedure even if they were unhappy some issues pertaining to the constituency.
He castigated Lusaka province PF chairman, Geoffrey Chuumbwe for having failed to provide guidance to the youths and stopping them cadres from going to the media and petitioning party secretary general Wynter Kabimba to recall Mr Lubinda.
“If cadres who were led by constituency chairman David Silubanje have issues with Mr Lubinda, they should write to the constituency who should correspondingly write to the district executive so that the matter is presented before the provincial executive committee who will in turn write to the central committee of the part,” Mr Kambwili said.
He said the recent confusion surrounding Mr. Lubinda was not good for the party as it was embarrassing especially that he (Mr Lubinda) was out of the country on national duty representing the President in Gambia.
Yesterday, some Kabwata constituency PF cadres in a petition to Mr Kabimba demanded the immediate removal of Mr Lubinda as their area Member of Parliament.
The cadres denounced Mr Lubinda accusing him of failing the constituency.