- Sichilongo assault case adjourned to September, 17th, 2014 for continued trialPosted 4 hours ago
- MTN Zambia says mobile banking is the key for the delivery of financial services in ZambiaPosted 4 hours ago
- Support government’s 2030 agenda, President Sata urges Zambians in diasporaPosted 4 hours ago
- Wynter Kabimba Free to Join UPND, says Cornelius MweetwaPosted 4 hours ago
- Chanda Mfula resigns as Media and Publicity Director of the Patriotic FrontPosted 2 days ago
- Kabimba hurt a lot of people says Davies ChamaPosted 2 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia Partners with Zoona to create a payment platform for online shoppingPosted 2 days ago
- State House counsels Brig. Gen. MiyandaPosted 2 days ago
- RTSA caution all road users against lawlessness during Kulamba and Likumbi Lya Mize traditional ceremoniesPosted 3 days ago
- Proflight halves its fares for kidsPosted 4 days ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.