- Anti-Corruption Commission arrests Southern Province Permanent Secretary Annie SinyangwePosted 31 mins ago
- Hakainde Hichilema Speaks at the prestigious Royal Africa Society in LondonPosted 42 mins ago
- ZANACO Launches a Deposit Mobilization Campaign dubbed “the Ponyamo Uwine Promotion’’Posted 1 hour ago
- DEC arrests Somali national for trafficking in 33 bundles of MiraaPosted 4 hours ago
- Zambia Police Service suspends the parking of motor vehicles at police stationsPosted 4 hours ago
- ZANACO Announces K 143 Million ProfitPosted 21 hours ago
- Livingstone Vet Officer Convicted for Abuse of Authority of OfficePosted 23 hours ago
- Paddy Mukando:The Shy Opera Star, DJ and TV Commercial ActorPosted 1 day ago
- Ambassador Mulonda confers with United States Ambassador to Zambia in WashingtonPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka, Maputo explore areas of cooperationPosted 1 day ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.