- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 3 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 3 days ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 4 days ago
- 12,657 candidates pass GCE examsPosted 4 days ago
- Grand Coalition expels Young African Leaders’ Initiative (YALI)Posted 4 days ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries arrested for allegedly having sex with nine young girls from his churchPosted 5 days ago
- Minister Kambwili visits Kazimu Sata in HospitalPosted 5 days ago
- Colonel Kaunda hails KCM support to railway link faceliftPosted 5 days ago
- Demand by Members of Parliament for a further salary hike is unfortunate says Choma residentPosted 5 days ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.