- BancABC mourns President SataPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata’s Remains Arrive Saturday, 1st November, 2014 at 10:00 HoursPosted 1 day ago
- MISA Zambia learns with deep sorrow about the death of President SataPosted 2 days ago
- Late President Michael Sata should be mourned with dignity and honour says Rupiah Bwezani BandaPosted 2 days ago
- The Cobra Who Charmed a Nation: The Life and Times of Michael Chilufya SataPosted 3 days ago
- Zambian Government Confirms the Death of President Sata in LondonPosted 3 days ago
- Police in Mansa arrest 32 people for riotous behaviorPosted 3 days ago
- Zambians in the USA celebrates Golden JubileePosted 3 days ago
- Jubilee celebrations end tragically with suspected drowning of 21 pupils in ChomaPosted 7 days ago
- Acting Republican President Lungu leads in celebrating golden jubileePosted 1 week ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.