- ZAMBEEF value chain savings passed on to consumersPosted 22 hours ago
- United States Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz visits Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)Posted 1 day ago
- PMRC calls for extensive review of SI No 63 on the increment of the retirement age in ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests Lusaka man for trafficking in cocainePosted 2 days ago
- ZAMBEEF had a turnover of US$279 million in 2014Posted 2 days ago
- Proflight plane tickets now available at ShopritePosted 2 days ago
- Nepotism is rife in the Zambian Civil Service says President Edgar LunguPosted 3 days ago
- Anti- Corruption Commission arrests ZRA officer for corrupt practicesPosted 3 days ago
- The reduction in the price of mealie-meal is not adequate says Zambia Council for Social DevelopmentPosted 3 days ago
- State House Instructs Emmanuel Chilekwa to stop using President Edgar Lungu’s namePosted 3 days ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.