- Zambian Government wage bill balloons from K824.3 Million in September, 2014 to over K1 Billion in October, 2014.Posted 2 hours ago
- Strong Zambia calls for vibrant local film industryPosted 2 hours ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission in Eastern Province arrests two women of Lusaka for trafficking in miraaPosted 2 hours ago
- Fuel prices reduced by Energy Regulation BoardPosted 3 hours ago
- Patriotic Front Central Committee members unreservedly apologize to Dr ScottPosted 5 hours ago
- Information PS Chanda Kasolo condemns ZNBC board for going public on newsroom staff harrassmentPosted 21 hours ago
- Zambians flock towards convenient bank cardsPosted 22 hours ago
- Acting President Guy Scott swears in Four High Court JudgesPosted 22 hours ago
- Nevers Mumba granted court injunctionPosted 22 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema promises to give radio stations nationwide licenses, dismisses suggestions that he will auction off the countryPosted 22 hours ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.