- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 18 hours ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 18 hours ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 18 hours ago
- Fund Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) says YALIPosted 19 hours ago
- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 3 days ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 4 days ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 4 days ago
- Government cancels the registration Miles Sampa’s Democratic Front partyPosted 4 days ago
- Dotcom Zambia Breakfast club presents Dr Dennis MwansaPosted 5 days ago
- DEC arrests a Lusaka businessman for money laundering involving K87, 600Posted 5 days ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.