- Major-General David Muma is the new Zambia Airforce (ZAF) Deputy CommanderPosted 1 hour ago
- BancABC Registration of Suppliers for Goods and Services for the 2015/2016Posted 2 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu leaves for Addis AbabaPosted 3 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu takes Health Checks, transfers power to Inonge WinaPosted 19 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu fires Attorney-General Mr. Musa MwenyePosted 20 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu recognises Henry Kanyanta Sosala as Paramount Chief ChitimukuluPosted 2 days ago
- United States congratulates Zambia for upholding democracyPosted 3 days ago
- More work needs to be done for Southerners to feel part of Zambia says Dora SiliyaPosted 3 days ago
- Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) Plc sponsors 15 students to study in South AfricaPosted 3 days ago
- Inonge Wina Appointment as Vice President of Zambia Elates NGOCCPosted 3 days ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.