- 1,028 people die from 16,000 RTAs this year alone says RTSAPosted 20 hours ago
- Zambeef e18hteam football frenzy lands on Choma and LivingstonePosted 20 hours ago
- Stanbic and PEP Zambia sign funding MoUPosted 21 hours ago
- Rupiah Banda was a shameless “Sangwapo” President claims Copperbelt MMDPosted 23 hours ago
- Before you judge me, first judge yourself says DambisaPosted 2 days ago
- Government will waste $1 billion dollars on Zamtel says Nevers MumbaPosted 2 days ago
- TIZ condemns the continued release and pardoning of convicted former ministers from prisonPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu’s 18 months term of office will include major successes says PFPosted 2 days ago
- New co-working Hub Betaspace provides a different model of working for ZambiansPosted 2 days ago
- PF should stop complaining about the attacks on their competence says Elias ChipimoPosted 3 days ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.