- Hakainde Hichilema tours George and Chunga Compounds in LusakaPosted 2 hours ago
- Proflight Provides Surprise Flight for Conservation StudentsPosted 6 hours ago
- President Lungu Appoints 14 District CommissionersPosted 19 hours ago
- President Lungu is failing to give the PF any identity alleges Chilufya TayaliPosted 24 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema opposes the lifting of the ban on the hunting of leopards and lionsPosted 1 day ago
- KK Releases Zambia from all Curses, Pronounces BlessingsPosted 1 day ago
- British national fined K10, 000 for unlawful stayPosted 5 days ago
- PF wants constitution that suits them only charges UPNDPosted 5 days ago
- PF government is abusing its workforce says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 5 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Inonge Wina as PF Vice PresidentPosted 6 days ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.