- Violent Wife Loses MarriagePosted 3 hours ago
- Government acknowledges the power of the media in influencing policy and public opinion, says Miles SampaPosted 3 hours ago
- Breastfeeding is a Panacea for Child Mortality says CSO-SUNPosted 3 hours ago
- Zambia National Farmers Union Signs MoU with EUPosted 4 hours ago
- Write A Strong Business Plan to get Funding, says Nyamuka ExpertsPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka show-goers scramble for natural sex boosters from “Dr” ZimbaPosted 1 day ago
- CBU students should get back to learning says Chishimba KambwiliPosted 1 day ago
- It is utmost disgust to suspend ZNBC’s union leader Martin Maseka by Mr. KambwiliPosted 1 day ago
- Collaborate with Government and business entities, Chitotela urges youthsPosted 3 days ago
- KCM is not closing Nchanga Underground minePosted 3 days ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.