- Opposition’s Arrogance and Deliberate Ignorance on Subsidies Is Appalling, Says Sunday ChandaPosted 4 hours ago
- Proflight Zambia Launches Flights to Lilongwe,MalawiPosted 5 hours ago
- Kapiri Homosexuals Denied Bail, Remanded in CustodyPosted 17 hours ago
- FAZ slashes World Cup Qualifiers’ Gate ChargesPosted 20 hours ago
- We are Returning To UNIP Dictatorship, Says NAREPPosted 20 hours ago
- New NRCs coming in JunePosted 21 hours ago
- Sata Hands over 1,000 Higer busesPosted 21 hours ago
- Sata Confers State Counsel Status On John Sangwa and names Charles Banda High CommissionerPosted 21 hours ago
- Who Benefits From The Removal of Subsidies?Posted 21 hours ago
- Ten people injured in mini bus accidentPosted 22 hours ago
Two Solwezi women arrested for illegal possession of gun, ammunitions
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Police in Solwezi have arrested two Kitwe business ladies and a man for illegal possession of a pistol and 30 rounds of ammunition last night.
Jean Mwananyanda, 30, allegedly married to a white man and her two friends were yesterday arrested after she threatened to shoot a police officer who approached and ordered her to drive to Solwezi Central Police Station for further questioning.
North-western Province Police Deputy Commissioner, Bonny Kapeso, confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Solwezi today.
Mr Kapeso said Mwananyanda eluded the police dragnet and went to hide the pistol at her business counterparts identified as Evaristo Mushoko, aged 34, and Sally Chola of Ndola and Kitwe respectively.
He said after serious interrogations Mwananyanda gave in, leading to the recovery of a 9 millimetres Austra pistol serial number LLV987 with two magazines loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition.
Mr Kapeso said the three suspects are in police custody jointly arrested and charged with threatening violence and unlawful possession of a firearm without a licence. They are helping with further investigations and will soon appear in court.
The ladies who were earlier booked at a named hotel, are said to have gone and socialized at a named night club with Mwananyanda leaving her one month old bay with the maid at the hotel.