- Four people die in Kabwe Road Traffic AccidentPosted 5 hours ago
- President Lungu has meet with President HollandePosted 9 hours ago
- We have a plan for Empowerment and Employment says Andyford Mayele BandaPosted 9 hours ago
- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 1 day ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 1 day ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 1 day ago
- Fund Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) says YALIPosted 1 day ago
- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 4 days ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 4 days ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 4 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.