- Patrick Mucheleka loses his Parliamentary seatPosted 11 hours ago
- Fired!, Kwisa, I still have my job says Davies ChamaPosted 12 hours ago
- Sad day for media fraternity as ZNBC’s Queen Chungu Malama diesPosted 12 hours ago
- FODEP Requests Kasama, Solwezi By Elections to held on the Same DatePosted 17 hours ago
- Women for Change happy with the commitment towards endings child marriages by the MPsPosted 17 hours ago
- Speaker is Right on GBM says Chilufya TayaliPosted 17 hours ago
- The mounting debt under the PF government is worrying says JCTRPosted 2 days ago
- Entrepreneurs hold key to Economic Development, says Margaret MwanakatwePosted 2 days ago
- Zambia’s Health Sector to get an injection of US$ 5 million dollars from MatterPosted 2 days ago
- Probe Speaker Matibini, Over GBM cries YALIPosted 2 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.