- Energy Regulation Board (ERB) reduces the pump price for low sulphur gasoilPosted 1 day ago
- PMRC urges a financial and management review of parastatalsPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu delivers maiden speech to African Union (AU) SummitPosted 1 day ago
- DEC arrests a farmer in Mpulungu District for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plants weighing over 700kgPosted 1 day ago
- Ghanaian President John Dlamani Mahama to visit Zambia in April, 2015Posted 1 day ago
- Kabwe man arrested for defiling sick daughter in hospital toiletPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia and Shoprite pledge to support EntrepreneursPosted 2 days ago
- BancABC Awarded Fastest Growing Retail Bank in Zambia by the Global Banking and Finance ReviewPosted 2 days ago
- Major-General David Muma is the new Zambia Airforce (ZAF) Deputy CommanderPosted 2 days ago
- BancABC Registration of Suppliers for Goods and Services for the 2015/2016Posted 2 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.