- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 8 hours ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 9 hours ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 1 day ago
- DEC in Eastern Province has arrests six peasant farmers in Chief Chinunda’s area for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plantsPosted 1 day ago
- 22 year old female Israeli national arrested for trafficking in cannabisPosted 1 day ago
- Continent’s energy and water leaders join forces to discuss challenges and celebrate successes at annual African Utility Week in Cape Town in MayPosted 1 day ago
- Cost of living goes up says JCTRPosted 2 days ago
- Eight people die on the spot in a bus and truck head on collision in PembaPosted 2 days ago
- 9 months old baby dies in an inferno in Lusaka, police sayPosted 2 days ago
- Fastjet to introduce a third flight from Dar es Salaam to LusakaPosted 2 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.