- ZAMBEEF value chain savings passed on to consumersPosted 2 days ago
- United States Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz visits Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)Posted 2 days ago
- PMRC calls for extensive review of SI No 63 on the increment of the retirement age in ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests Lusaka man for trafficking in cocainePosted 3 days ago
- ZAMBEEF had a turnover of US$279 million in 2014Posted 3 days ago
- Proflight plane tickets now available at ShopritePosted 3 days ago
- Nepotism is rife in the Zambian Civil Service says President Edgar LunguPosted 4 days ago
- Anti- Corruption Commission arrests ZRA officer for corrupt practicesPosted 4 days ago
- The reduction in the price of mealie-meal is not adequate says Zambia Council for Social DevelopmentPosted 4 days ago
- State House Instructs Emmanuel Chilekwa to stop using President Edgar Lungu’s namePosted 4 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.