- Zambia Assents to Anti-Terrorism Amendment ActPosted 1 day ago
- MMD Die Hard Bowman Lusambo to meet Julius MalemaPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia remains vulnerable to developments in the global economy says Bank of ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Bus Tickets Zambia Introduces Free Shuttle Buses to Intercity TerminusPosted 2 days ago
- Wynter Kabimba had been a destabilizing figure says Sunday ChandaPosted 2 days ago
- Government is implementing tangible measures to support agriculture sector says Greyford MondePosted 3 days ago
- 1,028 people die from 16,000 RTAs this year alone says RTSAPosted 3 days ago
- Zambeef e18hteam football frenzy lands on Choma and LivingstonePosted 3 days ago
- Stanbic and PEP Zambia sign funding MoUPosted 3 days ago
- Rupiah Banda was a shameless “Sangwapo” President claims Copperbelt MMDPosted 4 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.