- President Lungu to hold a press conference at State HousePosted 20 hours ago
- Chisenga Muyoya becomes first Zambian to win JCI AwardPosted 1 day ago
- Taxi driver sentenced to 25 years imprisonment for stabbing a woman with a screw driverPosted 1 day ago
- Child marriage is a violation of a child’s rights, says Vincent MwalePosted 1 day ago
- 11 people arrested in three provinces for trafficking in over 1.9 tonnes of cannabisPosted 1 day ago
- Chipimo Pulls Out of 2016 Presidential RacePosted 1 day ago
- Wezi coming of AgePosted 2 days ago
- Four -year-old, Ndola girl hit by car dies from injuriesPosted 2 days ago
- Kariba Bush Club has limited space for December, prices quoted in KwachaPosted 2 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia to sponsor the launch of The Business Breakfast ClubPosted 2 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.