- Nevers Mumba maintains MMD NEC meeting is set for month endPosted 3 hours ago
- We will continue yapping to demand for the release of the draft constitution says Fr. Leonard ChitiPosted 4 hours ago
- Police launch manhunt for bandits who snatched K541,736.00 cash in LuanshyaPosted 7 hours ago
- Unsafe Abortions in Zambia worry GovernmentPosted 8 hours ago
- 35 people killed in Easter weekend accidentsPosted 8 hours ago
- Dora and her team should leave MMD says Bowman LusamboPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata mourns Dennis LiwewePosted 1 day ago
- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 6 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 6 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 1 week ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.