- Police and ZRA raid Post NewspaperPosted 10 hours ago
- Investigations against Dangote have not yet started says ACCPosted 15 hours ago
- Zambia Investment Conference set for DecemberPosted 15 hours ago
- Zampalm could save millions in cooking oil importsPosted 15 hours ago
- Ambassador Mumba S. Kapumpa, presents credentials to Korean president, Park Geun-HuePosted 16 hours ago
- Livingstone town clerk arrestedPosted 1 day ago
- Girl 7, defiled by boy aged 12 in Muchinga ProvincePosted 1 day ago
- Sichilongo set freePosted 2 days ago
- President Michael Sata arrives in New YorkPosted 3 days ago
- Kaputa road accident claims four livesPosted 3 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.