- British national fined K10, 000 for unlawful stayPosted 2 days ago
- PF wants constitution that suits them only charges UPNDPosted 3 days ago
- PF government is abusing its workforce says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 3 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Inonge Wina as PF Vice PresidentPosted 3 days ago
- Oasis Forum rejects enactment of the new constitution in a piecemeal mannerPosted 3 days ago
- DNA Equipment Commissioned by GovernmentPosted 3 days ago
- ZAWA nabs Three for Illegal possession of game meatPosted 4 days ago
- Zambian Breweries Rewards top-selling Castle lager distributors with a five-day football trip to SpainPosted 4 days ago
- PF Bangweulu MP Chifita Matafwali Dies in IndiaPosted 4 days ago
- Pastor jailed 20 years for raping teen, taken for prayers to himPosted 4 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.