- Banks must provide safe and secure transactions for businesses says Paul RichardsPosted 2 days ago
- Steven Masumba sentenced to 12 months imprisonmentPosted 2 days ago
- ZAMBEEF bosses, Francis Grogan and Carl Irwin renew partnershipPosted 2 days ago
- Leaders should be listening to artistes says Rupiah BandaPosted 3 days ago
- President Sata arrives back home from New YorkPosted 3 days ago
- President Sata leaves New York amid reports of ill healthPosted 3 days ago
- Police in Lusaka arrest Bishop for aggravated robberyPosted 5 days ago
- Latest Vacancy:Programme Officer-Infrastructure Development (Transport / Energy) at JICA ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- My Father is well says Mulenga SataPosted 5 days ago
- President Sata’s health is normal, Vice President Guy Scot tells ParliamentPosted 5 days ago
Another female found died in Ng’ombe Township, Lusaka
- Updated: August 9, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked yet another body of a 30-year-old woman of Ng’ombe Township that was found lying unconscious in ditch.
Zambia Police Service deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media that Thandiwe Longwe’s body was discovered by police officers on patrol in the early hours of Thursday.
“Longwe’s body was found unconscious but with visible head injuries. She died on her way to Levy Mwanawasa Hospital. We are yet to ascertain the cause of her death,” Ms Chanda said.
Ms Chanda said her body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.
And Lusaka Province Commissioner Solomon Jere said police have intensified patrols countrywide to mitigate escalating levels of crime and he warned that police will arrest any person found loitering aimlessly after 20:00 hours.
Longwe becomes the fourth woman to be killed in unknown circumstances in a space of one month.
The first victim Ruth Mbandu, a NIPA student, who was grisly murdered in Emmasdale. Others are Sharon Tembo, a beautician from Matero Township and Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands area whose body was found dead on Tuesday this week.