- President Edgar Lungu directs changes to 2015 Mineral Royalty TaxPosted 2 days ago
- Proflight Zambia reintroduces its popular 50-seater CRJ-100 aircraft on domestic routes in ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu Mourns Willie NsandaPosted 2 days ago
- RDA fires Bernand Chiwala as Chief Executive OfficerPosted 3 days ago
- DEC arrests 30 people for unlawful cultivation and trafficking in various quantities of cannabisPosted 3 days ago
- Willie Nsanda; the Businessman, the Politician and the OrganiserPosted 3 days ago
- Japan gives USD 1.5 million to refugee and local integration programmes in ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Willie Nsanda Dies at Milpark Hospital in JohannesburgPosted 3 days ago
- Swedish Health Care Delegation Visit to ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- Government starts to build 26 blocks of hostels at the University of Zambia at a cost of K 513 millionPosted 4 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.