- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 14 hours ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 14 hours ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 14 hours ago
- Fund Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) says YALIPosted 14 hours ago
- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 3 days ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 3 days ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 4 days ago
- Government cancels the registration Miles Sampa’s Democratic Front partyPosted 4 days ago
- Dotcom Zambia Breakfast club presents Dr Dennis MwansaPosted 4 days ago
- DEC arrests a Lusaka businessman for money laundering involving K87, 600Posted 4 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.