- Power issues, Kwacha depreciation should not be reduced to political rhetoric says President LunguPosted 18 mins ago
- Diversify Zambia’s economy to other sectors says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 13 hours ago
- 1000 motorists convicted for various traffic offencesPosted 14 hours ago
- Doctors threaten to strike over unpaid allowancesPosted 16 hours ago
- KCM has not cut jobs says CEO Steven DinPosted 16 hours ago
- Misty CEO thanks Stanbic bank for Sponsoring the Jazz FestivalPosted 1 day ago
- The 2nd Annual Stanbic Jazz Festival to feature Earl Klugh, Oliver Mutukudzi, MicasaPosted 2 days ago
- I want to be MMD vice president says Bowman LusamboPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu is Innocent says Chilufya TayaliPosted 2 days ago
- 284 Trapped Mopani Miners RescuedPosted 2 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.