- The mounting debt under the PF government is worrying says JCTRPosted 8 hours ago
- Entrepreneurs hold key to Economic Development, says Margaret MwanakatwePosted 10 hours ago
- Zambia’s Health Sector to get an injection of US$ 5 million dollars from MatterPosted 12 hours ago
- Probe Speaker Matibini, Over GBM cries YALIPosted 12 hours ago
- Two young foreign nationals aged 14 and 19 years old arrested for drug traffickingPosted 1 day ago
- Court reconciles wife with hubby who has multiple girlfriendsPosted 1 day ago
- UPND surprised that their VEEP GBM has lost his seat when his matter was still in courtPosted 1 day ago
- PF did not get it’s facts right on HH’s visit to UTH says UPNDPosted 1 day ago
- Kasama PF MP Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba has lost his seat, Speaker rulesPosted 2 days ago
- GBM was unanimously elected and accepted as UPND vice-president says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 2 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.