- President Lungu to hold a press conference at State HousePosted 18 hours ago
- Chisenga Muyoya becomes first Zambian to win JCI AwardPosted 1 day ago
- Taxi driver sentenced to 25 years imprisonment for stabbing a woman with a screw driverPosted 1 day ago
- Child marriage is a violation of a child’s rights, says Vincent MwalePosted 1 day ago
- 11 people arrested in three provinces for trafficking in over 1.9 tonnes of cannabisPosted 1 day ago
- Chipimo Pulls Out of 2016 Presidential RacePosted 1 day ago
- Wezi coming of AgePosted 2 days ago
- Four -year-old, Ndola girl hit by car dies from injuriesPosted 2 days ago
- Kariba Bush Club has limited space for December, prices quoted in KwachaPosted 2 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia to sponsor the launch of The Business Breakfast ClubPosted 2 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.