- Atlas Mara Completes BancABC AcquisitionPosted 13 hours ago
- UNHCR Deputy Chief arrivesPosted 14 hours ago
- ZAWA impounds truck containing 1,855 kgs of assorted game meatPosted 15 hours ago
- Zambia Railways Limited and Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) accelerate rehabilitation works on the inter-mine rail linkPosted 19 hours ago
- Emirates ‘bags’ its advertisingPosted 20 hours ago
- Two people die in Lusaka road traffic accidentPosted 20 hours ago
- You will get injured, Chikwanda warns PF leaders who want to take over the presidencyPosted 2 days ago
- Those aspiring to take over the presidency must do so in a civilised manner says ChikwandaPosted 2 days ago
- Doctors remove foetus left inside mother for 36 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- There is a Cabinet Minister who is scheming to hijack the presidency from President Sata says Chishimba KambwiliPosted 2 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.