- Proflight Zambia Premieres Latest Fly5 Music VideoPosted 24 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema describes Xenophobic Attacks in South Africa as unfortunatePosted 1 day ago
- Chikwanda in Washington DC for the 2015 IMF/ World Bank Spring MeetingsPosted 1 day ago
- YALI urges government to consider evacuating Zambians from South AfricaPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu calls President Mugabe over Xenophobic attacks in South AfricaPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia Police cancels “Black Friday Protest”Posted 1 day ago
- Chingola Pastor arrested for allegedly murdering his eight-month pregnant wifePosted 1 day ago
- Vice President Inonge Wina to visit Agritech Expo in Chisamba on FridayPosted 2 days ago
- Swedish Students Hail Zambia as a Land of Peace, Security and Democracy In AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- The 2015 National Budget is a Disaster Claims ZCSDPosted 2 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.