- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 3 hours ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 3 hours ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 1 day ago
- 12,657 candidates pass GCE examsPosted 1 day ago
- Grand Coalition expels Young African Leaders’ Initiative (YALI)Posted 1 day ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries arrested for allegedly having sex with nine young girls from his churchPosted 2 days ago
- Minister Kambwili visits Kazimu Sata in HospitalPosted 2 days ago
- Colonel Kaunda hails KCM support to railway link faceliftPosted 2 days ago
- Demand by Members of Parliament for a further salary hike is unfortunate says Choma residentPosted 2 days ago
- Thomson Reuters Calculates Benchmarks For Three Of Africa’s Most Dynamic Economies Including ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.