- Energy Regulation Board (ERB) reduces the pump price for low sulphur gasoilPosted 21 hours ago
- PMRC urges a financial and management review of parastatalsPosted 21 hours ago
- President Lungu delivers maiden speech to African Union (AU) SummitPosted 22 hours ago
- DEC arrests a farmer in Mpulungu District for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plants weighing over 700kgPosted 22 hours ago
- Ghanaian President John Dlamani Mahama to visit Zambia in April, 2015Posted 22 hours ago
- Kabwe man arrested for defiling sick daughter in hospital toiletPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia and Shoprite pledge to support EntrepreneursPosted 2 days ago
- BancABC Awarded Fastest Growing Retail Bank in Zambia by the Global Banking and Finance ReviewPosted 2 days ago
- Major-General David Muma is the new Zambia Airforce (ZAF) Deputy CommanderPosted 2 days ago
- BancABC Registration of Suppliers for Goods and Services for the 2015/2016Posted 2 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.