- President Edgar Lungu urges Japanese investors to partner with ZambiaPosted 13 hours ago
- Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba Expelled from the PFPosted 13 hours ago
- Zambia drops visa requirement for all COMESA citizensPosted 14 hours ago
- Anti-Corruption Commission Arrests Police Inspector for Corrupt PracticesPosted 15 hours ago
- Immigration arrests 19 illegal immigrants in sting clean-up operationPosted 15 hours ago
- Zambia and Zimbabwe launches Kaza UNIVISA in GermanyPosted 15 hours ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda invited to inauguration of Namibia’s President-elect Dr Hage GeingobPosted 18 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu nominates Christopher Mvunga as MP and appointed him Ministry of Finance Deputy MinisterPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu’s directive to search HH will dent Zambia’s image says YALIPosted 3 days ago
- Inonge Wina expected to travel to the United States of America and Japan for bilateral meetingsPosted 3 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.