- ZESCO to export more electricity to NamibiaPosted 6 days ago
- King Cobra Strikes, Fires Chitotela and MwewaPosted 6 days ago
- 279,186 candidates make it to Grade 8Posted 1 week ago
- DEC arrests arrests business lady for trafficking in 69.2 kg of loose Cannabis in MpikaPosted 1 week ago
- Two survive accident on Chirundu roadPosted 1 week ago
- Arrest of media personnel irks MISAPosted 1 week ago
- KCM pollutes Chingola air with of sulphur dioxide after nationwide power outagePosted 1 week ago
- Zambia Suffers Four-Hour Nationwide Power OutagePosted 1 week ago
- Pope Francis receives credentials from Zambia Vatican AmbassadorPosted 1 week ago
- Richard Sakala, Macdonald Chipenzi arrested and formally chargedPosted 1 week ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.