- Nevers Mumba files in presidential nomination paperPosted 15 hours ago
- Edgar Lungu files inPosted 15 hours ago
- Cabinet asks Dr. Guy Scott to resignPosted 4 days ago
- Guy Scott refuses to resignPosted 4 days ago
- Rupiah Banda receives a thunderous welcome in KasamaPosted 7 days ago
- MMD Shall Unite and Prevail says Rupiah BandaPosted 1 week ago
- Edgar Lungu meets with President Robert MugabePosted 1 week ago
- Zambian Amethysts create 100 good deeds braceletPosted 2 weeks ago
- Disclosure of Funding for Political CampaignsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Two arrested for illegal trading and unlawful possession of over 700 logs of the Mukula treePosted 2 weeks ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.