- Zambians Mourn Dr. MandaPosted 1 day ago
- Beer Price Cut Boosts Zambian Breweries OutputPosted 2 days ago
- ZESCO is a conduit to syphon money-UPNDPosted 2 days ago
- My Husband is a Womaniser, He is addicted to Women claims Lusaka WomanPosted 2 days ago
- Chama’s tribal remarks have blessings of President Lungu-NalumangoPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka City Council wins back former UBZ landPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu thanks voters in Malambo, Petauke and Mulobezi constituenciesPosted 3 days ago
- Attend sessions,Court urges Kabimba, M’membePosted 3 days ago
- UPND as a party is growing and is on course-Hakainde HichilemaPosted 3 days ago
- Pilato says ZESCO is a disgrace over power cutsPosted 3 days ago
Another Lusaka woman murdered in unexplained circumstances
- Updated: August 7, 2012
POLICE in Lusaka have picked up a body of a woman aged 23.
The woman identified as Mazuba Kapepwe,a mother of three of house number 22, Cedar Road, Woodlands is suspected to have been murdered in Chilenje Township.
Zambia Police Service deputy public relations officer Charity Chanda confirmed the murder in statement made available to Mwebantu New Media.
“Her body was picked up this morning around 11:00 hours under the hedge near Namakau House along Chilumbulu Road,” she said.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe had no physical injuries on her body though police suspect that she was raped before being killed because her zip was found open.
Ms Chanda said Kapepwe was believed to have gone out with an unidentified friend last night using an unidentified minibus.
The deceased’s body is lying in UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
Kapepwe becomes the third woman to be murdered after Mbandu, the 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student who was grisly killed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.
Mbandu’s disfigured body was found in the early hours of Saturday on July 14, in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s house.
Her facial skin and eyes removed and police suspect the case to be a ritual murder.