- Minnie Dlamini, IK, Announced as Hosts for 2016 AMVCAsPosted 2 hours ago
- Government partners with mining houses to devise consistent sector policiesPosted 3 hours ago
- ZCCM-IH Announces Ambitious Diversification PlanPosted 20 hours ago
- Supreme Court throws out Mutembo’s Petition to Stop TribunalPosted 20 hours ago
- RTSA normalizes the printing of Drivers Licence CardsPosted 23 hours ago
- Lusaka High Court stays the decision to deregister Miles Sampa’s Democratic FrontPosted 23 hours ago
- Four people die in Kabwe Road Traffic AccidentPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu has meet with President HollandePosted 2 days ago
- We have a plan for Empowerment and Employment says Andyford Mayele BandaPosted 2 days ago
- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 3 days ago
4 Zambia Army commandos evacuated to Lusaka after horror accident
- Updated: August 4, 2012
Four Zambia Army commandos who were involved in an accident near Mukonchi area, about 50 kms from Kabwe have been evacuated to Maina Soko Military Hospital and University Teaching Hospital (UTH) in Lusaka for specialist treatment. The commandos suffered head, spine injuries fractures legs and arms.
The accident happened when the army truck reg no. AD 3569 they were travelling in overturned and caught fire, burning to ashes along Mukonchi road in Kabwe rural. The commandos were on their way to Mukonchi Mita Hill Dam to retrieve the last two bodies out of the five who drowned last week.
Kapiri Mponshi Police officer in charge, Martin Mooka, confirmed the development, saying the truck was carrying commandos on a mission to retrieve the five bodies that had drowned in Mita Dam last week
Mr Mooka said the commandos were coming from Ndola’s Mushili Barracks while the cox swan was from a Mufulira engineering company when the driver lost control before the truck overturned.
The driver and three officers died on the spot, burning the three commandoes beyond recognition around 15:00 hours when the accident happened while one died around 18:00 hours at Mukonchi clinic.
And Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda named the dead soldiers as the driver of the truck Sgt Iwile,coaxswine staff sgt Kalenga and Sgt Trevor Nkonde both of One Engineering Regiment in Mufulira. The fourth one is Sgt Ngoma of Commando unit Ndola. She identified the injured as Sgt Chrispin Mujuda, Warrant Officer II Packer Chisenga,Sgt Kwibiana Masumba, Sgt Alex Saini, Sgt Chistopher Mukelabai Wamulume, Sgt Sibajene and Corporal Jones Mayaba.
She said the “ injured were initially treated at Mukonchi clinic and later refeered to Kabwe General Hospital.The accident happened on 3rd August 2012 around 14 hours at B.S area north of Mukonchi. There were 13 soldiers on board and one escaped unhurt.”