- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries arrested for allegedly having sex with nine young girls from his churchPosted 3 hours ago
- Minister Kambwili visits Kazimu Sata in HospitalPosted 6 hours ago
- Colonel Kaunda hails KCM support to railway link faceliftPosted 9 hours ago
- Demand by Members of Parliament for a further salary hike is unfortunate says Choma residentPosted 9 hours ago
- Thomson Reuters Calculates Benchmarks For Three Of Africa’s Most Dynamic Economies Including ZambiaPosted 9 hours ago
- Three Ugandan traditional witchdoctors arrested for swindling a 56 year old retired soldier out of K198, 500Posted 10 hours ago
- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,”- Cleaning out My BedroomPosted 10 hours ago
- Vice-president Scott holds bilateral talks with Scotland ministerPosted 1 day ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda visits Kazimu SataPosted 2 days ago
- President Michael Sata visits Kazimu Sata in South AfricaPosted 4 days ago
4 Zambia Army commandos evacuated to Lusaka after horror accident
- Updated: August 4, 2012
Four Zambia Army commandos who were involved in an accident near Mukonchi area, about 50 kms from Kabwe have been evacuated to Maina Soko Military Hospital and University Teaching Hospital (UTH) in Lusaka for specialist treatment. The commandos suffered head, spine injuries fractures legs and arms.
The accident happened when the army truck reg no. AD 3569 they were travelling in overturned and caught fire, burning to ashes along Mukonchi road in Kabwe rural. The commandos were on their way to Mukonchi Mita Hill Dam to retrieve the last two bodies out of the five who drowned last week.
Kapiri Mponshi Police officer in charge, Martin Mooka, confirmed the development, saying the truck was carrying commandos on a mission to retrieve the five bodies that had drowned in Mita Dam last week
Mr Mooka said the commandos were coming from Ndola’s Mushili Barracks while the cox swan was from a Mufulira engineering company when the driver lost control before the truck overturned.
The driver and three officers died on the spot, burning the three commandoes beyond recognition around 15:00 hours when the accident happened while one died around 18:00 hours at Mukonchi clinic.
And Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda named the dead soldiers as the driver of the truck Sgt Iwile,coaxswine staff sgt Kalenga and Sgt Trevor Nkonde both of One Engineering Regiment in Mufulira. The fourth one is Sgt Ngoma of Commando unit Ndola. She identified the injured as Sgt Chrispin Mujuda, Warrant Officer II Packer Chisenga,Sgt Kwibiana Masumba, Sgt Alex Saini, Sgt Chistopher Mukelabai Wamulume, Sgt Sibajene and Corporal Jones Mayaba.
She said the “ injured were initially treated at Mukonchi clinic and later refeered to Kabwe General Hospital.The accident happened on 3rd August 2012 around 14 hours at B.S area north of Mukonchi. There were 13 soldiers on board and one escaped unhurt.”