- WfC welcomes appointment of Mrs Wina as National planning MinisterPosted 11 hours ago
- Multichoice Zambia announces new DSTV & GOTV pricesPosted 11 hours ago
- Government meets with mining companies to prevent job losses in the sectorPosted 11 hours ago
- APPCON Inspires Southern African ParliamentariansPosted 2 days ago
- MTN launches WhatsApp based Customer ServicePosted 2 days ago
- Fuel Tanker Blaze Sparks Call for ActionPosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests two accountants who stole K350,000 cashPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu Names New MinistersPosted 2 days ago
- CCMG urges political parties to encourage their members to register as votersPosted 4 days ago
- RTSA orders for the revocation of a drivers licence for a Lusaka driver for dangerous drivingPosted 4 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.