- Early pregnancies in Zambia must be declared a crisis – CRHEPosted 13 hours ago
- Husband who exchanged clothes, relish for beer divorcedPosted 14 hours ago
- Increase of Female Lawmakers Cheer Women for ChangePosted 14 hours ago
- Huawei P8 Design Ingenuity Raises the BarPosted 14 hours ago
- Miles Sampa praises Partnership with the Private Sector to Serve the Zambian PeoplePosted 14 hours ago
- Zambians Mourn Dr. MandaPosted 5 days ago
- Beer Price Cut Boosts Zambian Breweries OutputPosted 6 days ago
- ZESCO is a conduit to syphon money-UPNDPosted 6 days ago
- My Husband is a Womaniser, He is addicted to Women claims Lusaka WomanPosted 6 days ago
- Chama’s tribal remarks have blessings of President Lungu-NalumangoPosted 6 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.