- Write A Strong Business Plan to get Funding, says Nyamuka ExpertsPosted 10 hours ago
- Lusaka show-goers scramble for natural sex boosters from “Dr” ZimbaPosted 11 hours ago
- CBU students should get back to learning says Chishimba KambwiliPosted 12 hours ago
- It is utmost disgust to suspend ZNBC’s union leader Martin Maseka by Mr. KambwiliPosted 12 hours ago
- Collaborate with Government and business entities, Chitotela urges youthsPosted 2 days ago
- KCM is not closing Nchanga Underground minePosted 2 days ago
- Engaging the youth through sportPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia face Ivory Coast in a must-win CAF U23 Cup qualifierPosted 2 days ago
- Patrick Mucheleka loses his Parliamentary seatPosted 3 days ago
- Fired!, Kwisa, I still have my job says Davies ChamaPosted 3 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.