- Proflight Zambia Premieres Latest Fly5 Music VideoPosted 2 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema describes Xenophobic Attacks in South Africa as unfortunatePosted 2 days ago
- Chikwanda in Washington DC for the 2015 IMF/ World Bank Spring MeetingsPosted 2 days ago
- YALI urges government to consider evacuating Zambians from South AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu calls President Mugabe over Xenophobic attacks in South AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia Police cancels “Black Friday Protest”Posted 2 days ago
- Chingola Pastor arrested for allegedly murdering his eight-month pregnant wifePosted 2 days ago
- Vice President Inonge Wina to visit Agritech Expo in Chisamba on FridayPosted 3 days ago
- Swedish Students Hail Zambia as a Land of Peace, Security and Democracy In AfricaPosted 3 days ago
- The 2015 National Budget is a Disaster Claims ZCSDPosted 3 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.