- Immigration Department Arrests 56 Zimbabwean women, 3 Egyptian carpet tradersPosted 1 day ago
- The International Women’s Club Donates K 263,000 to 29 organisations in ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Police disperse Luvales in Zambezi protesting over education curriculumPosted 1 day ago
- UK hails Kaseba for her role in girls and women’s welfarePosted 1 day ago
- Headman impregnates daughterPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia records K283 million trade surplusPosted 1 week ago
- Parliament ratifies two Supreme Court Judges and Five High Court JudgesPosted 1 week ago
- Kwacha fails to recover before February endsPosted 1 week ago
- Opposition MPs’ conduct is disorderly and not permitted by our Constitution says SpeakerPosted 1 week ago
- PPAZ calls on Government increased budgetary allocation to family planning programmesPosted 1 week ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.