- Four people die in Kabwe Road Traffic AccidentPosted 8 hours ago
- President Lungu has meet with President HollandePosted 12 hours ago
- We have a plan for Empowerment and Employment says Andyford Mayele BandaPosted 12 hours ago
- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 2 days ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 2 days ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 2 days ago
- Fund Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) says YALIPosted 2 days ago
- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 4 days ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 4 days ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 5 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.