- Airports Company of South Africa keen to partner with ZambiaPosted 1 hour ago
- Eric T. Schultz named new United States Ambassador to ZambiaPosted 2 hours ago
- Chikwanda to present 2015 National Budget on October 10th, 2014Posted 2 hours ago
- Three killed in road carnage in Shiwang’andu DistrictPosted 2 hours ago
- President Sata to open parliament this morningPosted 2 hours ago
- Woman aged 23 arrested for having sex with a boy aged 15 at a guesthouse in ChipataPosted 14 hours ago
- Zambia and Zimbabwe mobilise $280m for Kariba dam repairsPosted 20 hours ago
- Magistrates Court fines 10 people over Mukula treePosted 24 hours ago
- New mining act to Enhance Value addition, Employment says Minister YalumaPosted 1 day ago
- No Zambian died in TB Joshua’s collapsed building says Harry KalabaPosted 1 day ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.