- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 4 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 4 days ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 5 days ago
- 12,657 candidates pass GCE examsPosted 5 days ago
- Grand Coalition expels Young African Leaders’ Initiative (YALI)Posted 5 days ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries arrested for allegedly having sex with nine young girls from his churchPosted 6 days ago
- Minister Kambwili visits Kazimu Sata in HospitalPosted 6 days ago
- Colonel Kaunda hails KCM support to railway link faceliftPosted 6 days ago
- Demand by Members of Parliament for a further salary hike is unfortunate says Choma residentPosted 6 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.