- Diversify Zambia’s economy to other sectors says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 9 hours ago
- 1000 motorists convicted for various traffic offencesPosted 10 hours ago
- Doctors threaten to strike over unpaid allowancesPosted 12 hours ago
- KCM has not cut jobs says CEO Steven DinPosted 12 hours ago
- Misty CEO thanks Stanbic bank for Sponsoring the Jazz FestivalPosted 1 day ago
- The 2nd Annual Stanbic Jazz Festival to feature Earl Klugh, Oliver Mutukudzi, MicasaPosted 2 days ago
- I want to be MMD vice president says Bowman LusamboPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu is Innocent says Chilufya TayaliPosted 2 days ago
- 284 Trapped Mopani Miners RescuedPosted 2 days ago
- Angela Nyirenda Launches New Album and Nationwide TourPosted 2 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.