- ZAMBEEF value chain savings passed on to consumersPosted 4 days ago
- United States Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz visits Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)Posted 4 days ago
- PMRC calls for extensive review of SI No 63 on the increment of the retirement age in ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests Lusaka man for trafficking in cocainePosted 5 days ago
- ZAMBEEF had a turnover of US$279 million in 2014Posted 5 days ago
- Proflight plane tickets now available at ShopritePosted 5 days ago
- Nepotism is rife in the Zambian Civil Service says President Edgar LunguPosted 6 days ago
- Anti- Corruption Commission arrests ZRA officer for corrupt practicesPosted 6 days ago
- The reduction in the price of mealie-meal is not adequate says Zambia Council for Social DevelopmentPosted 6 days ago
- State House Instructs Emmanuel Chilekwa to stop using President Edgar Lungu’s namePosted 6 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.