- Vice-president Scott holds bilateral talks with Scotland ministerPosted 15 hours ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda visits Kazimu SataPosted 2 days ago
- President Michael Sata visits Kazimu Sata in South AfricaPosted 3 days ago
- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,” Chats with My Boys – My two cents worth (Part Two)Posted 6 days ago
- Patricia Mwashingwele and others join UPNDPosted 1 week ago
- Father Frank Bwalya acquitted in the “Chumbu Munshololwa” casePosted 1 week ago
- External forces responsible for Africa’s instability says KabimbaPosted 1 week ago
- Zambia to take part in the four-nation Africa Cup Under-19 Group B rugby tournament in UgandaPosted 1 week ago
- Emirates Celebrates with 2014 FIFA World Cup Winner GermanyPosted 1 week ago
- Lusaka City Council starts to pull down offensive Penis enlargement postersPosted 1 week ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.