- British national fined K10, 000 for unlawful stayPosted 11 hours ago
- PF wants constitution that suits them only charges UPNDPosted 12 hours ago
- PF government is abusing its workforce says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 13 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Inonge Wina as PF Vice PresidentPosted 1 day ago
- Oasis Forum rejects enactment of the new constitution in a piecemeal mannerPosted 1 day ago
- DNA Equipment Commissioned by GovernmentPosted 1 day ago
- ZAWA nabs Three for Illegal possession of game meatPosted 2 days ago
- Zambian Breweries Rewards top-selling Castle lager distributors with a five-day football trip to SpainPosted 2 days ago
- PF Bangweulu MP Chifita Matafwali Dies in IndiaPosted 2 days ago
- Pastor jailed 20 years for raping teen, taken for prayers to himPosted 2 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.