- TAZARA unionized workers in sit in protestPosted 1 hour ago
- Eight People Die in Separate Accidents in Muchinga and the Copperbelt ProvincesPosted 2 hours ago
- HPV Vaccine For Young Zambian GirlsPosted 10 hours ago
- Sata arrives in Addis AbabaPosted 10 hours ago
- Opposition’s Arrogance and Deliberate Ignorance on Subsidies Is Appalling, Says Sunday ChandaPosted 23 hours ago
- Proflight Zambia Launches Flights to Lilongwe,MalawiPosted 23 hours ago
- Kapiri Homosexuals Denied Bail, Remanded in CustodyPosted 1 day ago
- FAZ slashes World Cup Qualifiers’ Gate ChargesPosted 2 days ago
- We are Returning To UNIP Dictatorship, Says NAREPPosted 2 days ago
- New NRCs coming in JunePosted 2 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.