- President Edgar Lungu directs changes to 2015 Mineral Royalty TaxPosted 4 days ago
- Proflight Zambia reintroduces its popular 50-seater CRJ-100 aircraft on domestic routes in ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- President Lungu Mourns Willie NsandaPosted 5 days ago
- RDA fires Bernand Chiwala as Chief Executive OfficerPosted 6 days ago
- DEC arrests 30 people for unlawful cultivation and trafficking in various quantities of cannabisPosted 6 days ago
- Willie Nsanda; the Businessman, the Politician and the OrganiserPosted 6 days ago
- Japan gives USD 1.5 million to refugee and local integration programmes in ZambiaPosted 6 days ago
- Willie Nsanda Dies at Milpark Hospital in JohannesburgPosted 6 days ago
- Swedish Health Care Delegation Visit to ZambiaPosted 6 days ago
- Government starts to build 26 blocks of hostels at the University of Zambia at a cost of K 513 millionPosted 6 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.