- Daddy who killed his four year old son sentenced to 15 years in prisonPosted 1 day ago
- NGOCC disappointed the process to enact the new constitutionPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu deserves support from all Zambians, says Bowman LusamboPosted 1 day ago
- Child marriage is a violation of children’s rights, says President LunguPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu has no solutions to the Zambia’s economic problems, says FDDPosted 2 days ago
- GBV is both a health and a human rights concern, says Lucy JoycePosted 2 days ago
- 21 year old woman arrested for allegedly defiling a 15 year old boy in NakondePosted 2 days ago
- Zambian Actor Brings Hollywood to ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests five people for money launderingPosted 3 days ago
- 162 cases of child sexual abuse survivors recorded at UTH in the month of OctoberPosted 3 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.