- Energy Regulation Board (ERB) reduces the pump price for low sulphur gasoilPosted 1 day ago
- PMRC urges a financial and management review of parastatalsPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu delivers maiden speech to African Union (AU) SummitPosted 1 day ago
- DEC arrests a farmer in Mpulungu District for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plants weighing over 700kgPosted 1 day ago
- Ghanaian President John Dlamani Mahama to visit Zambia in April, 2015Posted 1 day ago
- Kabwe man arrested for defiling sick daughter in hospital toiletPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia and Shoprite pledge to support EntrepreneursPosted 2 days ago
- BancABC Awarded Fastest Growing Retail Bank in Zambia by the Global Banking and Finance ReviewPosted 2 days ago
- Major-General David Muma is the new Zambia Airforce (ZAF) Deputy CommanderPosted 2 days ago
- BancABC Registration of Suppliers for Goods and Services for the 2015/2016Posted 2 days ago
12 people die in road accident on Lusaka Chipata road
- Updated: August 2, 2012
12 people have died on the Lusaka-Chipata road near Rufusa after a Scania Macorpolo bus registration number ALC 8185 belonging to Johabie transport company overturned.
The accident happened after the driver Suze Mwanamambo, 35, of chipata township in Lusaka lost control as he was trying to avoid hitting into a pedestrian and causing the bus to overturn and kill 11 passengers from the bus and the pedestrian.
Zambia Police deputy spokesperson Charity Chanda confirmed the accident. Ms Chanda disclosed that the dead from the bus were taken to Mumphanshya Mission Hospital mortuary.
“Yes I can confirm that 11 passengers have died on the spot this morning between 09.30 hours and 10.00 hours after the Scania Marcopolo bus registration number ALC 8185 they were travelling in belonging to Johabie transport overturned as the driver was trying to avoid hitting into a mentally suspected person.,” Ms Chanda said.