- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests five people for money launderingPosted 3 hours ago
- 162 cases of child sexual abuse survivors recorded at UTH in the month of OctoberPosted 4 hours ago
- RTSA convicts over 300 motorists for various road traffic offencesPosted 4 hours ago
- KCM closes Nchanga Underground Mine, 2500 people to lose jobsPosted 4 hours ago
- The sluggish world economy has affected the Kwacha says Chinese AmbassadorPosted 5 hours ago
- President Lungu to hold a press conference at State HousePosted 1 day ago
- Chisenga Muyoya becomes first Zambian to win JCI AwardPosted 1 day ago
- Taxi driver sentenced to 25 years imprisonment for stabbing a woman with a screw driverPosted 1 day ago
- Child marriage is a violation of a child’s rights, says Vincent MwalePosted 1 day ago
- 11 people arrested in three provinces for trafficking in over 1.9 tonnes of cannabisPosted 1 day ago
Mazembe thump Zanaco
- Updated: July 30, 2012
Zanaco felt the might of TP Mazembe on Saturday losing 3-0 away in an international club friendly in Lubumbashi.
The two sides went into the break scoreless before African club cup record breaker Tresor Mputu put Mazembe ahead in the 63rd minute.
Zambia defender Hichani Himoonde could have added Mazembe’s second three minutes later but his header from a corner came off the post.
Tanzanian midfielder Thomas Ulimwengu made it 2-nil in the 76th minute and he later turned provider for the third goal when Mputu completed his brace with a near post effort in stoppage time.
Mazembe were using the warm-up as part of their buildup to their third match in the 2012 CAF Champions’ League Group A game at home against Zamalek of Egypt on August 4 in Lubumbashi.
The four time African champions are currently third in Group A on one point ahead of their meeting with bottom placed and number four team Zamalek on zero points.
Egyptian club Al Ahly lead Group A on six points, Bekerum Chelsea of Ghana are second on four points after two rounds of matches played.