- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,”-Dedication to Ya’llPosted 12 hours ago
- Lusaka Fast Track court on Traffic offences convicts 44 motorists for various traffic offencesPosted 13 hours ago
- President Michael Sata swears in Attorney General Musa Mwenye and Solicitor General Abraham MwansaPosted 15 hours ago
- Luapula Province Permanent Secretary Kasolo hails $200million road worksPosted 1 day ago
- Nevers Mumba says MMD will bring a new style of politics in ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries charged with indecent assaultPosted 1 day ago
- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 4 days ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 5 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 5 days ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 6 days ago
Mazembe thump Zanaco
- Updated: July 30, 2012
Zanaco felt the might of TP Mazembe on Saturday losing 3-0 away in an international club friendly in Lubumbashi.
The two sides went into the break scoreless before African club cup record breaker Tresor Mputu put Mazembe ahead in the 63rd minute.
Zambia defender Hichani Himoonde could have added Mazembe’s second three minutes later but his header from a corner came off the post.
Tanzanian midfielder Thomas Ulimwengu made it 2-nil in the 76th minute and he later turned provider for the third goal when Mputu completed his brace with a near post effort in stoppage time.
Mazembe were using the warm-up as part of their buildup to their third match in the 2012 CAF Champions’ League Group A game at home against Zamalek of Egypt on August 4 in Lubumbashi.
The four time African champions are currently third in Group A on one point ahead of their meeting with bottom placed and number four team Zamalek on zero points.
Egyptian club Al Ahly lead Group A on six points, Bekerum Chelsea of Ghana are second on four points after two rounds of matches played.