- 35 people killed in Easter weekend accidentsPosted 1 min ago
- Dora and her team should leave MMD says Bowman LusamboPosted 19 hours ago
- President Sata mourns Dennis LiwewePosted 20 hours ago
- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 6 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 6 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 7 days ago
- DEC in Eastern Province has arrests six peasant farmers in Chief Chinunda’s area for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plantsPosted 1 week ago
- 22 year old female Israeli national arrested for trafficking in cannabisPosted 1 week ago
- Continent’s energy and water leaders join forces to discuss challenges and celebrate successes at annual African Utility Week in Cape Town in MayPosted 1 week ago
- Cost of living goes up says JCTRPosted 1 week ago
Mazembe thump Zanaco
- Updated: July 30, 2012
Zanaco felt the might of TP Mazembe on Saturday losing 3-0 away in an international club friendly in Lubumbashi.
The two sides went into the break scoreless before African club cup record breaker Tresor Mputu put Mazembe ahead in the 63rd minute.
Zambia defender Hichani Himoonde could have added Mazembe’s second three minutes later but his header from a corner came off the post.
Tanzanian midfielder Thomas Ulimwengu made it 2-nil in the 76th minute and he later turned provider for the third goal when Mputu completed his brace with a near post effort in stoppage time.
Mazembe were using the warm-up as part of their buildup to their third match in the 2012 CAF Champions’ League Group A game at home against Zamalek of Egypt on August 4 in Lubumbashi.
The four time African champions are currently third in Group A on one point ahead of their meeting with bottom placed and number four team Zamalek on zero points.
Egyptian club Al Ahly lead Group A on six points, Bekerum Chelsea of Ghana are second on four points after two rounds of matches played.