- ZAMBEEF value chain savings passed on to consumersPosted 2 days ago
- United States Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz visits Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)Posted 2 days ago
- PMRC calls for extensive review of SI No 63 on the increment of the retirement age in ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests Lusaka man for trafficking in cocainePosted 3 days ago
- ZAMBEEF had a turnover of US$279 million in 2014Posted 3 days ago
- Proflight plane tickets now available at ShopritePosted 3 days ago
- Nepotism is rife in the Zambian Civil Service says President Edgar LunguPosted 4 days ago
- Anti- Corruption Commission arrests ZRA officer for corrupt practicesPosted 4 days ago
- The reduction in the price of mealie-meal is not adequate says Zambia Council for Social DevelopmentPosted 4 days ago
- State House Instructs Emmanuel Chilekwa to stop using President Edgar Lungu’s namePosted 4 days ago
Mazembe thump Zanaco
- Updated: July 30, 2012
Zanaco felt the might of TP Mazembe on Saturday losing 3-0 away in an international club friendly in Lubumbashi.
The two sides went into the break scoreless before African club cup record breaker Tresor Mputu put Mazembe ahead in the 63rd minute.
Zambia defender Hichani Himoonde could have added Mazembe’s second three minutes later but his header from a corner came off the post.
Tanzanian midfielder Thomas Ulimwengu made it 2-nil in the 76th minute and he later turned provider for the third goal when Mputu completed his brace with a near post effort in stoppage time.
Mazembe were using the warm-up as part of their buildup to their third match in the 2012 CAF Champions’ League Group A game at home against Zamalek of Egypt on August 4 in Lubumbashi.
The four time African champions are currently third in Group A on one point ahead of their meeting with bottom placed and number four team Zamalek on zero points.
Egyptian club Al Ahly lead Group A on six points, Bekerum Chelsea of Ghana are second on four points after two rounds of matches played.