- Chipata High Court convicts 14 motorists for causing death by dangerous drivingPosted 9 hours ago
- Kaizer Zulu Set Free, State enters a nolle prosequiPosted 1 day ago
- UK Development Minister Visits ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- DEC arrests 7 people for trafficking in more than 500 bundles of MiraaPosted 3 days ago
- I want to be remembered as an ordinary person who became president says President LunguPosted 3 days ago
- Kasama High Court Instructs RTSA to suspend licences of five driversPosted 5 days ago
- Five Zambian MPs in South Africa for the Fourth Pan-African Parliament (PAP)Posted 5 days ago
- WfC welcomes appointment of Mrs Wina as National planning MinisterPosted 5 days ago
- Multichoice Zambia announces new DSTV & GOTV pricesPosted 5 days ago
- Government meets with mining companies to prevent job losses in the sectorPosted 5 days ago
Mazembe thump Zanaco
- Updated: July 30, 2012
Zanaco felt the might of TP Mazembe on Saturday losing 3-0 away in an international club friendly in Lubumbashi.
The two sides went into the break scoreless before African club cup record breaker Tresor Mputu put Mazembe ahead in the 63rd minute.
Zambia defender Hichani Himoonde could have added Mazembe’s second three minutes later but his header from a corner came off the post.
Tanzanian midfielder Thomas Ulimwengu made it 2-nil in the 76th minute and he later turned provider for the third goal when Mputu completed his brace with a near post effort in stoppage time.
Mazembe were using the warm-up as part of their buildup to their third match in the 2012 CAF Champions’ League Group A game at home against Zamalek of Egypt on August 4 in Lubumbashi.
The four time African champions are currently third in Group A on one point ahead of their meeting with bottom placed and number four team Zamalek on zero points.
Egyptian club Al Ahly lead Group A on six points, Bekerum Chelsea of Ghana are second on four points after two rounds of matches played.