- Zambians Mourn Dr. MandaPosted 2 days ago
- Beer Price Cut Boosts Zambian Breweries OutputPosted 4 days ago
- ZESCO is a conduit to syphon money-UPNDPosted 4 days ago
- My Husband is a Womaniser, He is addicted to Women claims Lusaka WomanPosted 4 days ago
- Chama’s tribal remarks have blessings of President Lungu-NalumangoPosted 4 days ago
- Lusaka City Council wins back former UBZ landPosted 4 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu thanks voters in Malambo, Petauke and Mulobezi constituenciesPosted 4 days ago
- Attend sessions,Court urges Kabimba, M’membePosted 4 days ago
- UPND as a party is growing and is on course-Hakainde HichilemaPosted 4 days ago
- Pilato says ZESCO is a disgrace over power cutsPosted 5 days ago
Mazembe thump Zanaco
- Updated: July 30, 2012
Zanaco felt the might of TP Mazembe on Saturday losing 3-0 away in an international club friendly in Lubumbashi.
The two sides went into the break scoreless before African club cup record breaker Tresor Mputu put Mazembe ahead in the 63rd minute.
Zambia defender Hichani Himoonde could have added Mazembe’s second three minutes later but his header from a corner came off the post.
Tanzanian midfielder Thomas Ulimwengu made it 2-nil in the 76th minute and he later turned provider for the third goal when Mputu completed his brace with a near post effort in stoppage time.
Mazembe were using the warm-up as part of their buildup to their third match in the 2012 CAF Champions’ League Group A game at home against Zamalek of Egypt on August 4 in Lubumbashi.
The four time African champions are currently third in Group A on one point ahead of their meeting with bottom placed and number four team Zamalek on zero points.
Egyptian club Al Ahly lead Group A on six points, Bekerum Chelsea of Ghana are second on four points after two rounds of matches played.