- Private Enterprise Programme-Zambia (PEPZ) to launch online database for SMEsPosted 6 hours ago
- Hakainde Huchilema tours John Liang Compound in Kanyama ConstituencyPosted 6 hours ago
- State House wanted to shut me up claims Chilufya TayaliPosted 6 hours ago
- Chilufya Tayali is a loud-mouth says Patriotic FrontPosted 6 hours ago
- I will continue moving with a Condom, Tayali declaresPosted 6 hours ago
- Mweshi Ng’andu and Patience Chisanga to attend 25th World Economic Forum on Africa in Cape TownPosted 14 hours ago
- MMD pulls out of June 30 by-electionsPosted 15 hours ago
- Ludwig Sondashi is Failing to Reason Says PFPosted 1 day ago
- 14 foreign nationals arrested for various immigration offencesPosted 1 day ago
- UPND embarks on countrywide restructuringPosted 1 day ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.