- Lusaka businessman arrested for trafficking in cocainePosted 1 hour ago
- Luangwa bus accident report outPosted 2 hours ago
- Sata is Nairobi Bound, says Mumbi PhiriPosted 2 hours ago
- Emulate Nelson Mandela, Sata urges Zambian youthsPosted 4 hours ago
- President Sata declares Seven- day national mourning for MandelaPosted 4 hours ago
- Zambeef impresses COMESAPosted 2 days ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda mourns MandelaPosted 2 days ago
- Four motorists cheat death in LusakaPosted 2 days ago
- Court officers arrested for stealing drugsPosted 2 days ago
- Sata joins other Heads of State in mourning MandelaPosted 2 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.