- Chishimba Kambwili Dissolves Zambia Daily Mail, Times of Zambia Boards, Fires Managing DirectorsPosted 1 day ago
- 2 Chinese Businessmen and 1 Zambian who allegedly cloned visa cards and unlawfully withdrew money from bank accounts arrestedPosted 1 day ago
- Dora Siliya announces intentions to re-contest Petauke Parliamentary seatPosted 1 day ago
- KCM gives uniforms to Nampundwe rural pre-schoolsPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia Breweries to open K224 million malting plant in the LusakaPosted 3 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema urges Zambians to register as votersPosted 3 days ago
- DEC arrests an Australian National and two Zambians for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plants weighing over 20kg.Posted 3 days ago
- Muvi TV Journalist and three Germany Nationals killed in a road accidentPosted 3 days ago
- Dora Siliya bemoans high defilement cases being reported at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)Posted 3 days ago
- Two criminals gunned down in Chambishi by an alert neighbourPosted 3 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.