- President Sata goes for medical check- up abroad says State HousePosted 1 day ago
- Three people arrested by Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka for trafficking in more than 300 kg of cannabisPosted 4 days ago
- Japan gives Zambia K10 m for expanding cold chainPosted 6 days ago
- Man, 26, commits suicide by hanging himself in Muchinga ProvincePosted 6 days ago
- European Union Ambassador Gilles Hervio meets ShamendaPosted 6 days ago
- Latest Vacancy: Information Specialist at US Embassy in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 6 days ago
- DEC arrests Lusaka businessman for drug traffickingPosted 1 week ago
- Resa and Mira fall firstPosted 1 week ago
- Government says projected growth prospect for next year are attainablePosted 1 week ago
- Major investors applaud Zambia’s operating environment, pledge expansionPosted 1 week ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.