- Four people die in Kabwe Road Traffic AccidentPosted 14 hours ago
- President Lungu has meet with President HollandePosted 18 hours ago
- We have a plan for Empowerment and Employment says Andyford Mayele BandaPosted 18 hours ago
- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 2 days ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 2 days ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 2 days ago
- Fund Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) says YALIPosted 2 days ago
- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 5 days ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 5 days ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 5 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.