- Anti-Corruption Commission arrests Southern Province Permanent Secretary Annie SinyangwePosted 14 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema Speaks at the prestigious Royal Africa Society in LondonPosted 15 hours ago
- ZANACO Launches a Deposit Mobilization Campaign dubbed “the Ponyamo Uwine Promotion’’Posted 15 hours ago
- DEC arrests Somali national for trafficking in 33 bundles of MiraaPosted 18 hours ago
- Zambia Police Service suspends the parking of motor vehicles at police stationsPosted 18 hours ago
- ZANACO Announces K 143 Million ProfitPosted 1 day ago
- Livingstone Vet Officer Convicted for Abuse of Authority of OfficePosted 2 days ago
- Paddy Mukando:The Shy Opera Star, DJ and TV Commercial ActorPosted 2 days ago
- Ambassador Mulonda confers with United States Ambassador to Zambia in WashingtonPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka, Maputo explore areas of cooperationPosted 2 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.