- President Edgar Lungu takes Health Checks, transfers power to Inonge WinaPosted 7 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu fires Attorney-General Mr. Musa MwenyePosted 8 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu recognises Henry Kanyanta Sosala as Paramount Chief ChitimukuluPosted 1 day ago
- United States congratulates Zambia for upholding democracyPosted 2 days ago
- More work needs to be done for Southerners to feel part of Zambia says Dora SiliyaPosted 2 days ago
- Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) Plc sponsors 15 students to study in South AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- Inonge Wina Appointment as Vice President of Zambia Elates NGOCCPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu appoints the most balanced cabinet line ups in recent timesPosted 2 days ago
- Edgar Lungu appoints Inonge Wina as Zambia’s First Female Vice-PresidentPosted 2 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema claims 2015 Presidential election has been stolen from himPosted 4 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.