- Lusaka City Council disappointed with some sections of society trying to frustrate Council’s efforts in the relocating of street vendorsPosted 6 mins ago
- DEC arrests a 29 year old businesswoman of Lusaka for trafficking in cocainePosted 2 hours ago
- Zambian investment opportunities promoted in New MexicoPosted 4 hours ago
- Zambia Postal Services driver dies in road traffic accident in KalomoPosted 5 hours ago
- DEC arrests peasant farmer for trafficking in loose cannabis weighing 13.7 kgPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia appeals for human capital infrastructure support for newly constructed universitiesPosted 1 day ago
- ZAWA takes over MundawangaPosted 1 day ago
- Emirates and Angola announce strategic airline partnership in respect of TAAG Linhas Aéreas De AngolaPosted 1 day ago
- Banks must provide safe and secure transactions for businesses says Paul RichardsPosted 3 days ago
- Steven Masumba sentenced to 12 months imprisonmentPosted 3 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.