- Hakainde Hichilema must stop abusing patients for cheap political mileage says Patriotic FrontPosted 10 hours ago
- Lusaka Woman Beaten for not being JealousPosted 14 hours ago
- Speeding motor vehicle kills one month old babyPosted 14 hours ago
- Chef 187, Slap Dee, Willz and Macky II join fans to celebrate 100 years of the Coke bottlePosted 18 hours ago
- Zambian people should vote the PF out of power in next year’s election-UPNDPosted 19 hours ago
- CBU should be opened,closing it is not a solution-Humphrey MwenyaPosted 21 hours ago
- Lusaka man seeks divorce because his wife denies him sexPosted 2 days ago
- SACCORD statement is incorrect says Electoral Commission of ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka Mayor orders Devolved Officers to Report to CouncilPosted 2 days ago
- Create Diaspora Fund, Envoy urges Zambians in South AfricaPosted 2 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.