- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,”-Dedication to Ya’llPosted 14 hours ago
- Lusaka Fast Track court on Traffic offences convicts 44 motorists for various traffic offencesPosted 15 hours ago
- President Michael Sata swears in Attorney General Musa Mwenye and Solicitor General Abraham MwansaPosted 17 hours ago
- Luapula Province Permanent Secretary Kasolo hails $200million road worksPosted 2 days ago
- Nevers Mumba says MMD will bring a new style of politics in ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries charged with indecent assaultPosted 2 days ago
- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 4 days ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 6 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 6 days ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 7 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.