- President Edgar Lungu nominates Christopher Mvunga as MP and appointed him Ministry of Finance Deputy MinisterPosted 4 hours ago
- President Lungu’s directive to search HH will dent Zambia’s image says YALIPosted 24 hours ago
- Inonge Wina expected to travel to the United States of America and Japan for bilateral meetingsPosted 1 day ago
- Zambian Woman, 35, arrested in Pakistan with 17 cocaine capsules concealed in rectumPosted 1 day ago
- 6 Chinese nationals fined K 48,000Posted 1 day ago
- Bus Project named as the 2015 New Venture WinnerPosted 1 day ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Lucky Mulusa as his aidePosted 1 day ago
- Kalabo records 30 cases of unsafe abortions involving school girls every monthPosted 1 day ago
- Police raid Hakainde Hichilema’s housePosted 1 day ago
- Bivan Saluseki confirms being fired by the Post NewspaperPosted 1 day ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.