- Sichilongo assault case adjourned to September, 17th, 2014 for continued trialPosted 16 hours ago
- MTN Zambia says mobile banking is the key for the delivery of financial services in ZambiaPosted 16 hours ago
- Support government’s 2030 agenda, President Sata urges Zambians in diasporaPosted 16 hours ago
- Wynter Kabimba Free to Join UPND, says Cornelius MweetwaPosted 16 hours ago
- Chanda Mfula resigns as Media and Publicity Director of the Patriotic FrontPosted 3 days ago
- Kabimba hurt a lot of people says Davies ChamaPosted 3 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia Partners with Zoona to create a payment platform for online shoppingPosted 3 days ago
- State House counsels Brig. Gen. MiyandaPosted 3 days ago
- RTSA caution all road users against lawlessness during Kulamba and Likumbi Lya Mize traditional ceremoniesPosted 4 days ago
- Proflight halves its fares for kidsPosted 5 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.