- Ex-Evelyn Hone College Lecturer Threatens To Drag Kabimba To CourtPosted 18 hours ago
- President Sata Rejects Calls for One Passport for AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- Zambian Woman Busted For Drugs In IndiaPosted 2 days ago
- Two Die As Juldan Bus Collides with Toyota Spacio car in Mpika, 31 other passengers sustain serious injuriesPosted 2 days ago
- DEC Arrests One of the Major Suppliers of Cocaine in LusakaPosted 2 days ago
- TAZARA unionized workers in sit in protestPosted 2 days ago
- Eight People Die in Separate Accidents in Muchinga and the Copperbelt ProvincesPosted 2 days ago
- HPV Vaccine For Young Zambian GirlsPosted 2 days ago
- Sata arrives in Addis AbabaPosted 2 days ago
- Opposition’s Arrogance and Deliberate Ignorance on Subsidies Is Appalling, Says Sunday ChandaPosted 3 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.