- Revelations by Chikwanda is a serious national security concern says UPNDPosted 16 hours ago
- Donnie McClurkin concert postponedPosted 17 hours ago
- Lusaka City Council starts delimitation exercise of Constituencies into Ward and Polling Districts in LusakaPosted 23 hours ago
- MMD to undergo massive reorganization process says Nevers MumbaPosted 2 days ago
- Daliso Mweene sets up business in her kitchen to share Zambian tastes for the United Kingdom marketPosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests a 30 year old woman for drug traffickingPosted 2 days ago
- Government lifts ban on hunting in 19 hunting blocksPosted 2 days ago
- Zambezi West poll to go aheadPosted 2 days ago
- Ndola girl aged 10 years old, gives birth to a baby boy, recoveringPosted 2 days ago
- Mangango: a wakeup call for the oppositionPosted 2 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.