- 1,028 people die from 16,000 RTAs this year alone says RTSAPosted 12 hours ago
- Zambeef e18hteam football frenzy lands on Choma and LivingstonePosted 13 hours ago
- Stanbic and PEP Zambia sign funding MoUPosted 13 hours ago
- Rupiah Banda was a shameless “Sangwapo” President claims Copperbelt MMDPosted 16 hours ago
- Before you judge me, first judge yourself says DambisaPosted 1 day ago
- Government will waste $1 billion dollars on Zamtel says Nevers MumbaPosted 2 days ago
- TIZ condemns the continued release and pardoning of convicted former ministers from prisonPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu’s 18 months term of office will include major successes says PFPosted 2 days ago
- New co-working Hub Betaspace provides a different model of working for ZambiansPosted 2 days ago
- PF should stop complaining about the attacks on their competence says Elias ChipimoPosted 3 days ago
Sata to grace Mutomboko traditional ceremony
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Republican President, Michael Sata, is expected in Kawambwa district to grace this year’s Mutomboko traditional ceremony of the Lunda-speaking people.
Luapula Province Minister, Brig Gen Benson Kapaya, confirmed to ZANIS in Mansa that President Sata will be guest of honour at the Mutomboko annual traditional ceremony to be held at Mwansabombwe.
Brig Gen Kapaya said it was important for all the officers charged with certain roles in the preparations for the ceremony to put their minds to it because the Head of State has indicated that he was coming to grace the ceremony.
“You can get it from me as your provincial minister that it is the president himself who is coming to grace the ceremony this year,” he said.
And Mines, Energy and Water development Deputy Minister Richard Musukwa who was in Mansa on a tour of some mines in the province also confirmed that the Head of State would grace the Mutomboko traditional ceremony.