- Ensure Prudent Financial Management of Public Resources, PMRC urges GovernmentPosted 10 hours ago
- Four Die in Kabwe Bus AccidentPosted 10 hours ago
- Chilufya Tayali is a Pathological Liar Says Patriotic FrontPosted 11 hours ago
- Chilufya Tayali is a discredited individual and a hired gun says Patriotic FrontPosted 12 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema tours George and Chunga Compounds in LusakaPosted 14 hours ago
- Proflight Provides Surprise Flight for Conservation StudentsPosted 18 hours ago
- President Lungu Appoints 14 District CommissionersPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu is failing to give the PF any identity alleges Chilufya TayaliPosted 1 day ago
- Hakainde Hichilema opposes the lifting of the ban on the hunting of leopards and lionsPosted 2 days ago
- KK Releases Zambia from all Curses, Pronounces BlessingsPosted 2 days ago
The grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu takes a new twist as Police exhume her body
- Updated: July 20, 2012
POLICE this morning exhumed the body of Ruth Mbandu 19 as part of their on going investigations into her grisly murder case.
Ruth was buried four days ago.
Police forensic officers were found exhuming her body at Leopards Hill memorial park which they immediately re-buried.
Senior family members of the Mbandu family are said to have been present at the burial site during the exercise.
Police acting spokesperson Charity Chanda has confirmed the incident to Mwebantu New Media
saying the exercise was carried out in an effort to collect forensic evidence from the body.
It has now allegedly emerged that Ruth’s womb was removed hence the move to exhume the body.
On Thursday, a bishop from a named church in Lusaka was apprehended for questioning by police in connection with murder of Mbandu. This brings to four the number of people that have been arrested for questioning to help with investigations.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said on Thursday that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was optimistic that more people would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On Wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.