- MMD finally adopts Rupiah Banda as its Presidential candidate in the forth coming by-electionPosted 2 days ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda expected to address the press this morningPosted 2 days ago
- Zambian Government wage bill balloons from K824.3 Million in September, 2014 to over K1 Billion in October, 2014.Posted 3 days ago
- Strong Zambia calls for vibrant local film industryPosted 3 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission in Eastern Province arrests two women of Lusaka for trafficking in miraaPosted 3 days ago
- Fuel prices reduced by Energy Regulation BoardPosted 3 days ago
- Patriotic Front Central Committee members unreservedly apologize to Dr ScottPosted 3 days ago
- Information PS Chanda Kasolo condemns ZNBC board for going public on newsroom staff harrassmentPosted 3 days ago
- Zambians flock towards convenient bank cardsPosted 3 days ago
- Acting President Guy Scott swears in Four High Court JudgesPosted 3 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.