- Atlas Mara Completes BancABC AcquisitionPosted 11 hours ago
- UNHCR Deputy Chief arrivesPosted 12 hours ago
- ZAWA impounds truck containing 1,855 kgs of assorted game meatPosted 13 hours ago
- Zambia Railways Limited and Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) accelerate rehabilitation works on the inter-mine rail linkPosted 17 hours ago
- Emirates ‘bags’ its advertisingPosted 18 hours ago
- Two people die in Lusaka road traffic accidentPosted 18 hours ago
- You will get injured, Chikwanda warns PF leaders who want to take over the presidencyPosted 2 days ago
- Those aspiring to take over the presidency must do so in a civilised manner says ChikwandaPosted 2 days ago
- Doctors remove foetus left inside mother for 36 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- There is a Cabinet Minister who is scheming to hijack the presidency from President Sata says Chishimba KambwiliPosted 2 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.