- Anti-Corruption Commission arrests Southern Province Permanent Secretary Annie SinyangwePosted 3 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema Speaks at the prestigious Royal Africa Society in LondonPosted 3 hours ago
- ZANACO Launches a Deposit Mobilization Campaign dubbed “the Ponyamo Uwine Promotion’’Posted 3 hours ago
- DEC arrests Somali national for trafficking in 33 bundles of MiraaPosted 6 hours ago
- Zambia Police Service suspends the parking of motor vehicles at police stationsPosted 6 hours ago
- ZANACO Announces K 143 Million ProfitPosted 24 hours ago
- Livingstone Vet Officer Convicted for Abuse of Authority of OfficePosted 1 day ago
- Paddy Mukando:The Shy Opera Star, DJ and TV Commercial ActorPosted 1 day ago
- Ambassador Mulonda confers with United States Ambassador to Zambia in WashingtonPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka, Maputo explore areas of cooperationPosted 1 day ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.