- Private Enterprise Programme-Zambia (PEPZ) to launch online database for SMEsPosted 4 hours ago
- Hakainde Huchilema tours John Liang Compound in Kanyama ConstituencyPosted 4 hours ago
- State House wanted to shut me up claims Chilufya TayaliPosted 4 hours ago
- Chilufya Tayali is a loud-mouth says Patriotic FrontPosted 4 hours ago
- I will continue moving with a Condom, Tayali declaresPosted 4 hours ago
- Mweshi Ng’andu and Patience Chisanga to attend 25th World Economic Forum on Africa in Cape TownPosted 12 hours ago
- MMD pulls out of June 30 by-electionsPosted 12 hours ago
- Ludwig Sondashi is Failing to Reason Says PFPosted 1 day ago
- 14 foreign nationals arrested for various immigration offencesPosted 1 day ago
- UPND embarks on countrywide restructuringPosted 1 day ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.