- American Ambassador, Mark Storella Supports Subsidies RemovalsPosted 18 hours ago
- NAREP names Feira candidatePosted 18 hours ago
- Mpulungu Teachers Condemn Allowance Removal By GovernmentPosted 18 hours ago
- Justices Kajimanga and Mutuna are well within their rights to challenge the constitutionality of the Tribunal, Says LAZPosted 19 hours ago
- Zesco United F.C shifts its remaining fixtures to Ndola Trade Fair groundsPosted 2 days ago
- US Peace Corps Volunteer Jailed in ChipataPosted 2 days ago
- Two Suspended Judges Again seek Court intervention to Block Judge Chikopa Tribunal SittingsPosted 2 days ago
- New UNHCR Representative for Zambia Assumes OfficePosted 2 days ago
- Explain The Removal of Subsidies on Maize and Fuel To Our People, Sata Tells MinistersPosted 2 days ago
- Two Multi-Choice Zambia Staff Die In Chibombo AccidentPosted 2 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.