- DEC arrests peasant farmer for trafficking in loose cannabis weighing 13.7 kgPosted 39 mins ago
- Zambia appeals for human capital infrastructure support for newly constructed universitiesPosted 1 hour ago
- ZAWA takes over MundawangaPosted 2 hours ago
- Emirates and Angola announce strategic airline partnership in respect of TAAG Linhas Aéreas De AngolaPosted 2 hours ago
- Banks must provide safe and secure transactions for businesses says Paul RichardsPosted 2 days ago
- Steven Masumba sentenced to 12 months imprisonmentPosted 2 days ago
- ZAMBEEF bosses, Francis Grogan and Carl Irwin renew partnershipPosted 2 days ago
- Leaders should be listening to artistes says Rupiah BandaPosted 3 days ago
- President Sata arrives back home from New YorkPosted 3 days ago
- President Sata leaves New York amid reports of ill healthPosted 3 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.