- ZCCM-IH Announces Ambitious Diversification PlanPosted 7 hours ago
- Supreme Court throws out Mutembo’s Petition to Stop TribunalPosted 8 hours ago
- RTSA normalizes the printing of Drivers Licence CardsPosted 10 hours ago
- Lusaka High Court stays the decision to deregister Miles Sampa’s Democratic FrontPosted 10 hours ago
- Four people die in Kabwe Road Traffic AccidentPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu has meet with President HollandePosted 1 day ago
- We have a plan for Empowerment and Employment says Andyford Mayele BandaPosted 1 day ago
- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 3 days ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 3 days ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 3 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.