- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 2 hours ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 3 hours ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 1 day ago
- 12,657 candidates pass GCE examsPosted 1 day ago
- Grand Coalition expels Young African Leaders’ Initiative (YALI)Posted 1 day ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries arrested for allegedly having sex with nine young girls from his churchPosted 2 days ago
- Minister Kambwili visits Kazimu Sata in HospitalPosted 2 days ago
- Colonel Kaunda hails KCM support to railway link faceliftPosted 2 days ago
- Demand by Members of Parliament for a further salary hike is unfortunate says Choma residentPosted 2 days ago
- Thomson Reuters Calculates Benchmarks For Three Of Africa’s Most Dynamic Economies Including ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.