- I want to be remembered as an ordinary person who became president says President LunguPosted 7 hours ago
- Kasama High Court Instructs RTSA to suspend licences of five driversPosted 1 day ago
- Five Zambian MPs in South Africa for the Fourth Pan-African Parliament (PAP)Posted 1 day ago
- WfC welcomes appointment of Mrs Wina as National planning MinisterPosted 2 days ago
- Multichoice Zambia announces new DSTV & GOTV pricesPosted 2 days ago
- Government meets with mining companies to prevent job losses in the sectorPosted 2 days ago
- APPCON Inspires Southern African ParliamentariansPosted 3 days ago
- MTN launches WhatsApp based Customer ServicePosted 3 days ago
- Fuel Tanker Blaze Sparks Call for ActionPosted 3 days ago
- DEC arrests two accountants who stole K350,000 cashPosted 3 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.