- Zambeef impresses COMESAPosted 1 day ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda mourns MandelaPosted 1 day ago
- Four motorists cheat death in LusakaPosted 1 day ago
- Court officers arrested for stealing drugsPosted 1 day ago
- Sata joins other Heads of State in mourning MandelaPosted 1 day ago
- HH says Mandela was selfless, honestPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia assents to agreements to secure elephantsPosted 5 days ago
- Lusaka man defiles and strangles two year old daughterPosted 5 days ago
- Parliament mourns Dr ChikusuPosted 5 days ago
- Police officer dies in hijacked car accidentPosted 5 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.