- Nevers Mumba maintains MMD NEC meeting is set for month endPosted 15 hours ago
- We will continue yapping to demand for the release of the draft constitution says Fr. Leonard ChitiPosted 16 hours ago
- Police launch manhunt for bandits who snatched K541,736.00 cash in LuanshyaPosted 19 hours ago
- Unsafe Abortions in Zambia worry GovernmentPosted 20 hours ago
- 35 people killed in Easter weekend accidentsPosted 20 hours ago
- Dora and her team should leave MMD says Bowman LusamboPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata mourns Dennis LiwewePosted 2 days ago
- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 7 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 7 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 1 week ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.