- Early pregnancies in Zambia must be declared a crisis – CRHEPosted 3 hours ago
- Husband who exchanged clothes, relish for beer divorcedPosted 3 hours ago
- Increase of Female Lawmakers Cheer Women for ChangePosted 3 hours ago
- Huawei P8 Design Ingenuity Raises the BarPosted 3 hours ago
- Miles Sampa praises Partnership with the Private Sector to Serve the Zambian PeoplePosted 3 hours ago
- Zambians Mourn Dr. MandaPosted 4 days ago
- Beer Price Cut Boosts Zambian Breweries OutputPosted 5 days ago
- ZESCO is a conduit to syphon money-UPNDPosted 5 days ago
- My Husband is a Womaniser, He is addicted to Women claims Lusaka WomanPosted 5 days ago
- Chama’s tribal remarks have blessings of President Lungu-NalumangoPosted 5 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.