- Misty CEO thanks Stanbic bank for Sponsoring the Jazz FestivalPosted 17 hours ago
- The 2nd Annual Stanbic Jazz Festival to feature Earl Klugh, Oliver Mutukudzi, MicasaPosted 23 hours ago
- I want to be MMD vice president says Bowman LusamboPosted 24 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu is Innocent says Chilufya TayaliPosted 24 hours ago
- 284 Trapped Mopani Miners RescuedPosted 1 day ago
- Angela Nyirenda Launches New Album and Nationwide TourPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu makes changes at Permanent Secretary levelPosted 2 days ago
- Supersport signs deal with FAZ to broadcast the Zambian Premier league for another 5 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Multichoice hosts Africa’s biggest content showcasePosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests 13 year old boy for being in possession of paper or implements for forgery.Posted 2 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.