- Woman aged 23 arrested for having sex with a boy aged 15 at a guesthouse in ChipataPosted 1 hour ago
- Zambia and Zimbabwe mobilise $280m for Kariba dam repairsPosted 8 hours ago
- Magistrates Court fines 10 people over Mukula treePosted 12 hours ago
- New mining act to Enhance Value addition, Employment says Minister YalumaPosted 13 hours ago
- No Zambian died in TB Joshua’s collapsed building says Harry KalabaPosted 13 hours ago
- 12,500 primary school pupils got pregnant in Zambia in 2013 says John PhiriPosted 13 hours ago
- Dangote welcomes Zambian Minister of Labour report to ACC on malicious bribery allegationsPosted 1 day ago
- One KCM miner dies in accidentPosted 1 day ago
- Crocodile attack a seven year old girl in Livingstone saddens ZAWAPosted 1 day ago
- Gary Nkombo denies plotting against HHPosted 1 day ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.