- Chisenga Muyoya becomes first Zambian to win JCI AwardPosted 4 hours ago
- Taxi driver sentenced to 25 years imprisonment for stabbing a woman with a screw driverPosted 5 hours ago
- Child marriage is a violation of a child’s rights, says Vincent MwalePosted 6 hours ago
- 11 people arrested in three provinces for trafficking in over 1.9 tonnes of cannabisPosted 6 hours ago
- Chipimo Pulls Out of 2016 Presidential RacePosted 6 hours ago
- Wezi coming of AgePosted 23 hours ago
- Four -year-old, Ndola girl hit by car dies from injuriesPosted 23 hours ago
- Kariba Bush Club has limited space for December, prices quoted in KwachaPosted 1 day ago
- Dot Com Zambia to sponsor the launch of The Business Breakfast ClubPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) takes Post Newspaper to the Supreme CourtPosted 1 day ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.