- Excitement Mounts in ZAMBEEF butchery bonanzaPosted 10 hours ago
- Probe Hakainde Hichilema, President Edgar Lungu directs Zambia Police ServicePosted 12 hours ago
- $14.5 million made from Lusaka Emeralds AuctionPosted 13 hours ago
- ZAMBEEF value chain savings passed on to consumersPosted 4 days ago
- United States Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz visits Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)Posted 5 days ago
- PMRC calls for extensive review of SI No 63 on the increment of the retirement age in ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests Lusaka man for trafficking in cocainePosted 6 days ago
- ZAMBEEF had a turnover of US$279 million in 2014Posted 6 days ago
- Proflight plane tickets now available at ShopritePosted 6 days ago
- Nepotism is rife in the Zambian Civil Service says President Edgar LunguPosted 6 days ago
Renard demands passion against Zimbabwe
- Updated: July 20, 2012
Herve Renard hopes his fringe players to face Zimbabwe on August 8 will show the passion of African champions.
Zambia will host Zimbabwe in a friendly in Ndola next month.
Renard told The Post Newspaper that the game will also be used as part of his 2014 CAF African Nations Champions qualifiers selection process.
The Frenchman on Wednesday unveiled a 22-man team of home-based players for the trans-Zambezi derby to be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium.
“All the games with the local national team are important,” Renard said.
“We are preparing for the future team. My goal is to see who will reach the first team of the Chipolopolo.”
This is the second successive warm-up in which Renard has selected a home-based team after fielding a team comprising mostly of members of the 2011 Cosafa Youth Cup winning side that lost 1-0 to Malawi on July 6 in Blantyre.
“Like the game against Malawi, I took a team which won the Cosafa just to try them out,” Renard said.
“It was difficult but we wanted to see how they will perform.”
The team goes into camp in Ndola on August 5.