- Latest Vacancy: Administrative Assistant at the Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Latest Vacancy- Programme Coordinator -Adolescent Girls Initiative at the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata goes for medical check- up abroad says State HousePosted 3 days ago
- Three people arrested by Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka for trafficking in more than 300 kg of cannabisPosted 6 days ago
- Japan gives Zambia K10 m for expanding cold chainPosted 1 week ago
- Man, 26, commits suicide by hanging himself in Muchinga ProvincePosted 1 week ago
- European Union Ambassador Gilles Hervio meets ShamendaPosted 1 week ago
- Latest Vacancy: Information Specialist at US Embassy in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 1 week ago
- DEC arrests Lusaka businessman for drug traffickingPosted 1 week ago
- Resa and Mira fall firstPosted 1 week ago
Drunk driver kills himself and two others in Lusaka road horror
- Updated: July 19, 2012
Three people died on the spot after the vehicle they were traveling in had a tyre burst, hit into a pavement and over turned several times.
Police say initial investigations have revealed that the driver was drunk because assorted empty beer bottles were found in the vehicle.
Police acting spokesperson Charity Chanda said in a statement made available to Mwebantu New Media that the accident happened today around 03:00 hours along Lumumba Road in Lusaka.
“The unregistered silver Toyota Altezza was being driven by a man who has not yet been identified and had three female passengers who have also not been identified. One of the bodies was found lying on the roof of family 24,” she said.
Chanda said two of the passengers died on the spot together with the driver while one sustained serious injuries and is admitted in the University Teaching Hospital.
Meanwhile, Ms Chanda has advised members of the public not to drink and drive as it as an offence and anyone who would be found drunk whilst driving would be arrested.
“We also appealing to members of the public with information on the identities of the deceased to report to the nearest police station,” she said.
Meanwhile, police are investigating a case in which a 30 year old woman of prospects area in Kabwe is suspected to have been murdered 18th July, 2012.Ms Chanda said Edith Mweemba, a sales lady at Kambeu bar was found dead in her bedroom with blood coming out of the mouth and nose.
T he body of the deceased is lying in Kabwe General Hospital Mortuary.