- Zambia is not broke says Christopher MvungaPosted 12 mins ago
- Kabwata flats come alive with HuaweiPosted 20 mins ago
- Ghana and Zimbabwe students scoop top honours at DStv Eutelsat Star AwardsPosted 25 mins ago
- Young Woman Raped and Killed in MufuliraPosted 22 hours ago
- Kasama resident wins K25,000 in SMS LotteryPosted 23 hours ago
- PAC to work with banks to empower women, Says Rosaline ChipashaPosted 23 hours ago
- Minnie Dlamini, IK, Announced as Hosts for 2016 AMVCAsPosted 1 day ago
- Government partners with mining houses to devise consistent sector policiesPosted 1 day ago
- ZCCM-IH Announces Ambitious Diversification PlanPosted 2 days ago
- Supreme Court throws out Mutembo’s Petition to Stop TribunalPosted 2 days ago
Drunk driver kills himself and two others in Lusaka road horror
- Updated: July 19, 2012
Three people died on the spot after the vehicle they were traveling in had a tyre burst, hit into a pavement and over turned several times.
Police say initial investigations have revealed that the driver was drunk because assorted empty beer bottles were found in the vehicle.
Police acting spokesperson Charity Chanda said in a statement made available to Mwebantu New Media that the accident happened today around 03:00 hours along Lumumba Road in Lusaka.
“The unregistered silver Toyota Altezza was being driven by a man who has not yet been identified and had three female passengers who have also not been identified. One of the bodies was found lying on the roof of family 24,” she said.
Chanda said two of the passengers died on the spot together with the driver while one sustained serious injuries and is admitted in the University Teaching Hospital.
Meanwhile, Ms Chanda has advised members of the public not to drink and drive as it as an offence and anyone who would be found drunk whilst driving would be arrested.
“We also appealing to members of the public with information on the identities of the deceased to report to the nearest police station,” she said.
Meanwhile, police are investigating a case in which a 30 year old woman of prospects area in Kabwe is suspected to have been murdered 18th July, 2012.Ms Chanda said Edith Mweemba, a sales lady at Kambeu bar was found dead in her bedroom with blood coming out of the mouth and nose.
T he body of the deceased is lying in Kabwe General Hospital Mortuary.