- Anti-Corruption Commission arrests Southern Province Permanent Secretary Annie SinyangwePosted 10 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema Speaks at the prestigious Royal Africa Society in LondonPosted 10 hours ago
- ZANACO Launches a Deposit Mobilization Campaign dubbed “the Ponyamo Uwine Promotion’’Posted 11 hours ago
- DEC arrests Somali national for trafficking in 33 bundles of MiraaPosted 14 hours ago
- Zambia Police Service suspends the parking of motor vehicles at police stationsPosted 14 hours ago
- ZANACO Announces K 143 Million ProfitPosted 1 day ago
- Livingstone Vet Officer Convicted for Abuse of Authority of OfficePosted 1 day ago
- Paddy Mukando:The Shy Opera Star, DJ and TV Commercial ActorPosted 2 days ago
- Ambassador Mulonda confers with United States Ambassador to Zambia in WashingtonPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka, Maputo explore areas of cooperationPosted 2 days ago
Drunk driver kills himself and two others in Lusaka road horror
- Updated: July 19, 2012
Three people died on the spot after the vehicle they were traveling in had a tyre burst, hit into a pavement and over turned several times.
Police say initial investigations have revealed that the driver was drunk because assorted empty beer bottles were found in the vehicle.
Police acting spokesperson Charity Chanda said in a statement made available to Mwebantu New Media that the accident happened today around 03:00 hours along Lumumba Road in Lusaka.
“The unregistered silver Toyota Altezza was being driven by a man who has not yet been identified and had three female passengers who have also not been identified. One of the bodies was found lying on the roof of family 24,” she said.
Chanda said two of the passengers died on the spot together with the driver while one sustained serious injuries and is admitted in the University Teaching Hospital.
Meanwhile, Ms Chanda has advised members of the public not to drink and drive as it as an offence and anyone who would be found drunk whilst driving would be arrested.
“We also appealing to members of the public with information on the identities of the deceased to report to the nearest police station,” she said.
Meanwhile, police are investigating a case in which a 30 year old woman of prospects area in Kabwe is suspected to have been murdered 18th July, 2012.Ms Chanda said Edith Mweemba, a sales lady at Kambeu bar was found dead in her bedroom with blood coming out of the mouth and nose.
T he body of the deceased is lying in Kabwe General Hospital Mortuary.